“Close to forbidden city”

Hotel Kapok Beijing
Ranked #70 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
“Close to forbidden city”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went with my boyfriend a couple of days during our touristic tour in Beijing.location is quite good but not enough close to metro station if you are traveling with luggages. The room style is a bit strange, there is no door between washroom and bedroom...not so nice. Staff can speak english. Cleanness is acceptable.

1 Thank Chiara S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Concepcion, Chile
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was traveling from Chie to visit China with my 15 year old daughter as a birthay gift. Going from Shanghai to Beijing I left my tablet PC at the airplane. Arriving 2 AM at the hotel, very tired, I asked the crew to help me getting information with the airline.
My thanks to Leo Chen who solved the problem for me next day!! I just asked them to help me and they were very kindly and supporting.
I travel a lot and this things really make the difference among one place or another.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice hotel, quite modern and well located (10 min from Forbidden city).
Rooms could be cleaner and hotel staff could speak a better english.
The room we had was quite strange as it was between 2 corridors and the window was actually a kind of window roof (to avoid).

Room Tip: Do not ask the room which is in the middle of both corridor.
Zurich
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed for one night at Hotel Kapok in Beijing; it was the first (and the best) hotel on my extensive trip through China. Hotel Kapok was recommended to me by my travel agent and it turned out to be an excellent choice.

My flight arrived very early in the morning and upon arrival my room was not yet ready (as I expected). I just wanted to leave my bag at reception and explore the city but the friendly receptionist offered me a free upgrade to a "Kapok Suite" which would be available right away. I was very happy about this after my long flight and accepted their proposal.

The suite was extremely large and perfectly equipped with everything you might need. There were two TV's, a sofa, an impressing bathroom, a very comfortable bed, work desk, a computer with internet, minibar, etc. The room was very clean and had a nice view in the direction of the forbidden city.

The hotel is located in a good area; it is within walking distance to the forbidden city; restaurants and shops. For me it was a great location to start a walking tour through Beijing.

In conclusion, Hotel Kapok turned out to be a very pleasant start for my tour through China. I would surely recommend this place to other travelers.

Room Tip: Try the Kapok Suite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank magician84
Stockton, UK
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went with my girlfriend for a few nights and I found the atmosphere a bit strange. The hotel is deadly silent. The reception is huge and white and featureless. The restaurant is joined on to the reception is is incredibly awkward, everyone there seemed like they didn't dare talk. The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable but the bathroom with no door and just glass walling is not very private.

The staff the spoke English really well and were really helpful. The free wifi was terrible reception in our room, we lost connection quite a lot. Breakfast was expensive, it was my first and only Chinese breakfast so I have nothing to judge it by. It was certainly no full English though.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Modern boutique hotel, beautiful interior. Courtyard room is spacious, yea with the toilet design area abit compromising, open concept and water pressure not strong and hot. Staffs are friendly, helpful and speaks good English. Location is right at Wangfujing area, very convenient and centralised. Recommended!

• Stayed April 2013
Ulladulla, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel for families in a fantastic location. We stayed in a family suite with our 12 and 13 year old after emailing the hotel to check if it could accommodate all of us in one room. The kids slept on the sofa, which they reported to be comfy enough, although they offered us a free rollaway if they wanted more room. Our bed was hard, but it was surprisingly comfortable and I slept well.

The staff at the front desk spoke good English, especially Leo, who helped us organise a driver for the Great Wall, Summer Palace and Olympic stadium.

The location is great - bank and 7/11 type store nearby and lots of great restaurants. It is a short walk to the Forbidden City (although the East entrance was closed for renovations when we were there) and two blocks to Wangfujing St and night markets.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to other families sightseeing in Beijing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family