1,118 results
All reviews courtyard room forbidden city great location glass wall wangfujing street walking distance minute walk modern hotel shopping area jingshan park large bathroom mini bar hotel restaurant taxi driver major attractions buffet breakfast metro station
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We are a couple from Holland of 20 and 21 year old.
We are (still) travelling in China. Two days ago we spent the night in Hotel Kapok.
At first, the bathrooms in the standard fashion rooms have no privacy nor a door. So if you need to take a ..... well you know. The whole room will smell. Kind of embarrassing..
So we asked for a curtain or at leas something to keep our privacy, and so they offered us an upgrade to a bigger room which actually had a curtain. It was 100 ¥ extra per night.
It was worth the price tho. It was twice as big, had a small garden, a hall, and a window.
In the room you'll find two bottles of water, one bottle of orange juice and one bottle of apple juice for free.
It was clean, and the staff was nice. They spoke very well English. The beds in China are always hard, but these were OK. They have nice pillows.

Room tip: Take a room with a curtain at the bathroom.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Located at walking distance from Tien an Men, Forbidden city and Wangfujing shopping area this hotel is the perfect starting point for a visit to Bejing. It's is a boutique style hotel, very nice and modern room interiors. Staff is very helpful and speaks good English.
Fabulous breakfast !
Very good value for money

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel is excellent in terms of location, room, facilities, services...
The hotel is close to tourist attractions and walking distance to shops and restaurants. It's easy to reach from airport too (** Get airport express to Dongzhiman and taxi to hotel from this station is just RMB20).
The room is large, clean and modern. All utilities you need are all ready. There are also lots of interesting books in lobby that you can read there or borrow. However, what's pity that the wifi is not work in my room but lobby. That's the only drawback during my stay. Overall I would recommend it and you will find it's worth.

** For more reference: the washroom is open design that there is just a curtain to separate the bedroom and washroom (the curtain is outside the washroom too). Beware of this you will stay with normal friends

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Hotel is well placed for the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Hotel is decent, and well appointed, though our room was a little tired, and could do with some refurbishment. Room was so-so as cleanliness goes - black mould round the tiles at the base of the shower, major staining where the minibar had leaked, signs of toothpaste from a previous occupant, but location is good, and it presents very good value for money.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank eqcons
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The location can't be faulted. It's close to The Forbidden City and The Square. The staff are relaxed and super friendly. They speak excellent English. The room reminded me of some sort of Zen like Japanese place. It was fine but it didn't grab me. I was in a courtyard room which is a grand way of saying you don't have a view of anything apart from a dusty dry garden beneath. There are quirky little bits and pieces in the room like a sweet little bonsai tree in the bathroom, 'His and hers' slippers and the room was quiet considering I was in the centre of Beijing. This place is billed as a 5 star hotel. I don't mean to be mean but it really isn't. Te bed was so hard I couldn't actually believe it. It was almost a cotton sheet on top of bed springs. I just think, how can a hotel get something like a bed so badly wrong. I couldn't sleep and there was a low buzz coming from somewhere in the room. I turned on the light and decided to investigate, eventually I found a mini bar in one of the cupboards that was making the noise. It drove me crazy all night. I wouldn't stay here again because the beds were totally unacceptable. However if you have jet arrived in Beijing and you need friendly helpful staff to help you navigate the city then this place might be for you. Not for me though.

• Trip type: Traveled solo