Book In Advance
Tours from Beijing Walking Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Beijing Walking Tours
from $55.00
from $100.00
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews the free walking tour sunset tour great tour highly recommend leo forbidden city fun facts his knowledge friendly guide private tour jinshanling section unique experience mutianyu great wall small group chinese history summer palace joe english
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

This is apparently one of the more difficult walks on the great wall but I recommend that if you are in Beijing you try it. It is a little difficult but the views are amazing. Please see the pics I took.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank wcockerall
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Leo is just the best tour guide in Beijing, I was with my wife during two days in Beijing and it was just an incredible experience..Leo really took care of us and he was so kind making even pictures for us with his profesional camara.

At the day in the Great Wall, we had a really nice tipical Chinese lunch, Leo just made sure that we tried different plates and it was very nice.

I will highly recommend any tour with “Beijing Walking Tours”

Thanks in deep Leo for such a nice experience!

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank G9923OSfelipea
Reviewed October 26, 2018

Leo made all the difference! He's fun, considerate and full of knowledge. Does not mind when you peeper him with all sorts of questions--even ones not related to the tour itself.

We did two tours with him and thoroughly enjoyed both. Would do more with him any day.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Gary Y
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

I spent 8 days in Beijing in September. On two of those days I had Tony, from Beijing Walking, as my guide. He was charming and attentive. He had a wealth of knowledge to share and was fun to be with.
As well as the Temple of Heaven and Forbidden City we visited the Summer Palace in the afternoon.
The tour to the Great Wall at Jinshanling and Gubeiku was amazing. There were not many people at the Jinshanling section, we used the cable car and walked several of the watchtowers. At Gubeiku, despite being cloudy, the sunset colours were beautiful. And we were alone in that incredible place watching it unfold. An unforgettable experience.
On both days we went to local restaurants for food, which was part of the enjoyment of the day.
Really it was like being with family or a friend and I hope I will go back and visit some more.
Leo's communication and arrangements were excellent ... Beijing is a truly awesome place to visit

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank vivientourmoche
Reviewed October 16, 2018

I HIGHLY recommend booking a tour with Beijing Walking Tours. We took the 1-day hiking tour from Jiankou to Mutianyu with Leo and I'm so glad we did! The tour starts by taking you through a forest and then up to parts of the wall that are unrestored. It ends at Mutianyu where the toboggan is (hike is about 6-7miles). The sights were AMAZING. I took so many pictures that I don't know what to do with them! Leo was great and very informative. I was able to learn so much about China just from our conversations. We were picked up promptly at our hotel, got to the wall after about an hour of travel. The hike itself is not dangerous but there are challenging parts so it would be good to come prepared with proper attire. The best part of this hike is that it starts off in an area where there are very few people, so it allows for you to really appreciate the wall and all of its Grandeur. Also, I highly recommend the Toboggan ride down - it's such a great way to end the hike. Lunch was a little late (depends on when you finish your hike) but it was seriously the best meal I had during my entire trip in China. My friends and I did eat breakfast before the hike, but Leo and the driver had us stop at a local 7/11 before we set out on our trip to make sure we had energy. Thanks Leo! You likely will get back to your hotel around 5-6pm. Overall, if you are going to visit the great wall and are looking for an adventure that includes some challenges, serenity, amazing views, delicious food, and an awesome tour guide, then you should really book through Beijing Walking Tours!

Date of experience: September 2018