Book In Advance
Tours from Beijing Walking Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Beijing Walking Tours
from $55.00
from $100.00
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews the free walking tour sunset tour great tour highly recommend leo forbidden city fun facts his knowledge friendly guide private tour jinshanling section unique experience mutianyu great wall small group chinese history summer palace joe english
Reviewed June 23, 2018

We carried out a two-day tour to the Great Wall. We visited Jinshanling the first day, the second day we had a hiking tour from Gubeikou to Jinshanling. I contacted several companies providing tours to the Great Wall. Why have I selected the Beijing Walking Tours? They could provide us the tours as we wanted too (two-day tour starting in Beijing with overnight stay at the wall and finishing in Chengde). The price was reasonable and they did not want us to pay in advance by PayPal (with a service fee). The communication was prompt, effective and simple without any boasting. And of course, the reviews were excellent at the Tripadvisor. And we did well.
Our tour guide Leo was a perfect guide with excellent English and a lot of enthusiasm. Leo also knew a lot of Chinese history and he gave us many interesting information about a life in China. After the trips, we had rich and tasty lunch at local restaurants. We spent a night in Gubeikou in a guest house. The guest house was simple, but clean with friendly staff and the food was also good. The guest house was close to the wall, so we could visit the wall during the sunset and sunrise. Unfortunately it was overcast – this was the only disappointment of the tour.
After the tour, we travelled to Chengde. Leo also helped us with check-in because the hotel staff did not speak English. Leo provided us photos of our group taken during the tour.
Leo also provided us a car with a driver to visit Chuandixia later. The driver was very friendly and helpful and we were also very satisfied.
So if you want to visit the Great Wall (or other sites), choose the Beijing Walking Tours! They will tailor the trip to your needs.

Date of experience: June 2018
Leo k, Manager at Beijing Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Hi Peapod,
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us a great review. It was my great pleasure to guide your family to the wall. It was a lot of fun and you guys are amazing! I really enjoy the time with you.
Look forward to seeing you in the futrure.
Best regards
Leo

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Leo is an amazing tour guide with the best personality! I booked a two days private tour that includes airport pickup and drop-off with him. Leo is very prompt with all his email communications prior to my arrival. He was able to customize the tours based on the wants and needs of my family. (Which include kids and seniors) During the two days with Leo, we were able to experience Beijing in a stress-free way! Leo took care of everything and he is very knowledgeable! He waited for me when I want to stop for photos. (Which was VERY often!) He took special photos for us. He made sure that my husband and I were able to take the kids on the toboggan ride down the Great Wall while he took care of my senior parents down the cable car for me. He took us to a local area with close access to the “wild” Great Wall without the major hike required so my little one can experience the “wild” Great Wall as well. Meanwhile, there’s a great shaded area where my senior parents can seat and relax. He slow down the pace when my senior parents were getting tired to give them a break. He found amazing local restaurants with wonderful food for our lunches which are included with the tour. All in all, I can’t say enough great things about Leo! He has done everything to make our trip special. Thank you, Leo! Also, it’s worth mentioning that the driver, Mr. Fong that Leo send to picked up and drop-off to and from the airport as well as accompany us on one of our day tour did an outstanding job in making sure that we were picked up at the exit point at the airport, drop-off at the check-in point at the airport so we are not lost! Also, he made sure we have “ice cold” water as well as soda for our day trip! (Which is very impressive since room temperature water is expected everywhere you go in China!) These little details show how they are really thoughtful and exceptional! I feel like I've made a friend with Leo!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We booked Leo for his private walking tour of the old Beijing Hutong.

Leo’s english was excellent. He was enthusiastic and welcoming and really interested in making our tour the best experience.

We felt his rates were very reasonable and he included tickets and a rickshaw ride in our tour.

His commentary and our discussions with him gave us a real insight into the history of his Beijing and also how Beijing is today.

His itinerary was flexible and at the end of the tour he helped us find a Vietnamese restaurant we wanted to try for lunch. It was at the end of a lane without a sign - no way we would have found it without Leo!

We would highly recommend Leo’s tours at beijingwalking.com. He responded quickly to our web site request and he was easily contacted by mobile or email.

Leo had spent his early childhood in the Beijing Hutong and his tour was a great combination of his personal experience and a good knowledge of Beijing’s history. We found him intelligent and enthusiastic which made him a perfect guide.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank JUNQUE264
Reviewed June 3, 2018

I did quite a bit of research on tours for the main sights in Beijing, and settled on the Beijing Walking Tour's Beijing Classic City 1 Day Private Tour. We had a separate tour planned for the Great Wall, so I wanted to find a Beijing tour that did not include the Great Wall, and this tour fit our needs perfectly.

By doing a full day, we were able to see 4 sites in one day. The day was fabulous! Our tour guide, Lucy, explained things very well as actually very little information in English seemed to be available at each of the sites - a definite suggestion to have a tour guide.

Overall, this tour and our guide were very good and we had a wonderful day exploring much of the history and sites of Beijing!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018

While I did plenty of research that noted "Beijing Walking Tours" is tops, I was still pleasantly surprised at just how awesome a time my boyfriend and I spent during our Great Wall tour with Leo. I had visited a different section of the wall before, but this experience knocked my previous trip out of the park.

From the relaxing pick-up and travel to the wall, AWESOME lunch, and leisurely walk to two different sections of the Great Wall, my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our foray into history. We really couldn't have been more please.

Since Leo was so awesome on this trip, I can only imagine how well executed the others must be...And after this experience, Beijing Walking Tours will be my go-to company. It was well worth every yuan...and then some! Job well done.

Date of experience: May 2018