“Best Beijing experience”

Beijing Walking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The unique tours and travel service from Beijing Walking! Let us take care of you like family! Our Best English-speaking guides will take you on a fun-filled, memorable journey of the best Beijing has to offer, making history come to life at every stop! Don't just visit Beijing, come walk with us and truly experience the city!
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We booked Leo for his private walking tour of the old Beijing Hutong.

Leo’s english was excellent. He was enthusiastic and welcoming and really interested in making our tour the best experience.

We felt his rates were very reasonable and he included tickets and a rickshaw ride in our tour.

His commentary and our discussions with him gave us a real insight into the history of his Beijing and also how Beijing is today.

His itinerary was flexible and at the end of the tour he helped us find a Vietnamese restaurant we wanted to try for lunch. It was at the end of a lane without a sign - no way we would have found it without Leo!

We would highly recommend Leo’s tours at beijingwalking.com. He responded quickly to our web site request and he was easily contacted by mobile or email.

Leo had spent his early childhood in the Beijing Hutong and his tour was a great combination of his personal experience and a good knowledge of Beijing’s history. We found him intelligent and enthusiastic which made him a perfect guide.

Date of experience: April 2018
in 10 reviews
"cable car"

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Reviewed June 3, 2018

I did quite a bit of research on tours for the main sights in Beijing, and settled on the Beijing Walking Tour's Beijing Classic City 1 Day Private Tour. We had a separate tour planned for the Great Wall, so I wanted to find a Beijing tour that did not include the Great Wall, and this tour fit our needs perfectly.

By doing a full day, we were able to see 4 sites in one day. The day was fabulous! Our tour guide, Lucy, explained things very well as actually very little information in English seemed to be available at each of the sites - a definite suggestion to have a tour guide.

Overall, this tour and our guide were very good and we had a wonderful day exploring much of the history and sites of Beijing!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018

While I did plenty of research that noted "Beijing Walking Tours" is tops, I was still pleasantly surprised at just how awesome a time my boyfriend and I spent during our Great Wall tour with Leo. I had visited a different section of the wall before, but this experience knocked my previous trip out of the park.

From the relaxing pick-up and travel to the wall, AWESOME lunch, and leisurely walk to two different sections of the Great Wall, my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our foray into history. We really couldn't have been more please.

Since Leo was so awesome on this trip, I can only imagine how well executed the others must be...And after this experience, Beijing Walking Tours will be my go-to company. It was well worth every yuan...and then some! Job well done.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2018

We selected the Mutianyu Great Wall + the Forbidden City 1-Day Private Tour(include toboggan) tour. From the moment I read the website description and reached out to Leo, I had a great feeling about this tour. We got picked up from our Air BnB early and right away, Leo has a great energy and a warm welcoming smile. The whole experience was wonderful and we all learned so much. Leo gave consideration to all aspects of the tour to make it just want we wanted including the stop at the local Muslim restaurant.

Leo even surprised us with a drone photoshoot on the great wall. We have the most amazing 360 of us all on the wall.

Thank you leo!