Book In Advance
Tours from Beijing Walking Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Beijing Walking Tours
from $100.00
More Info
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews the free walking tour sunset tour great tour highly recommend leo forbidden city fun facts his knowledge private tour friendly guide jinshanling section unique experience mutianyu great wall small group chinese history summer palace joe english
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Any visit to Beijing, whether short or long, will not be complete without at least one tour with Leo. I was fortunate enough to take two of his tours: the Great Wall Sunset Tour and the Beijing Heritage Tour, both were memorable, not just for the sights, but for Leo’s insight and stories.

Unlike other tours, Leo is not on a “clock”, as he is always encouraging you to take as many pictures as you’d like, explore on your own and pepper him with any question that pops into your mind. Furthermore, his down to earth attitude made my two days with him feel like I was traveling with an old friend, making a solo traveler feel incredibly comfortable and welcome in a foreign country.

While the sites were definitely the highlights of each day, having lunch with Leo and the rest of our group during our Great Wall Tour was special, as it allowed us to bond with everyone over a delicious meal and drinks. On both days, Leo encouraged us to escape from our comfort zone and try the traditional, from Peking Duck, to dumplings and Jasmine Tea ice cream to the exotic, chicken feet, cow stomach, intestine and blood tofu. I would have certainly not have tried the latter dishes on my own, but am quite glad that I did!

From his demeanour to his knowledge, I could not be happier with Leo. I cannot wait to return to Beijing, not to tour, but to visit someone who now seems like an old friend! Thank you Leo!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We had the best time exploring Beijing with Leo! He was educated in the different places and his really good English made it easy to ask questions and recommendations. He also listened when we wanted to explore one more place! Amazing time, recommend this to all people that what to explore Beijing!
/ Greetings from Sweden

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

We meet up with Leo at our hotel promptly at the agreed time and set off to the two locations featured in our tour

First stop was the old part of Gubeikou wall - breath taking to see so much of the wall

Then we stopped for some lunch in a local town restaurant - food was Simple but hearty

Final stop was the Jinshanling restored part of the wall- great to see the contrast

Was truely a private tour as in both locations we were the only tourists

We asked Leo to bring some glasses and we had champagne on the wall watching the sunset

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 18, 2018

My wife and I went to Beijing for our honeymoon and agree that our favorite day was the one that we spent hiking The Wall with Leo! He was friendly and knowledgeable, giving us fun facts and bits of history about The Wall along the way. We had fun chatting with him throughout the day, and he took lots of photos for us. The portion of The Wall where we started has not been refurbished and was slightly more remote. For an hour or more we did not see another hiker, and it made for a very unique experience. We were happy not to be in close proximity to the gimmicky shops and the other tourists. The sense of seclusion in such a place made for a very unique experience. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in a long walk with nothing but beautiful scenery. It was one of the most memorable days of our lives, and we have Beijing Walking tours (and Leo) to thank!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed January 14, 2018

What a beautiful experience!! The landscapes from this part of Great Wall are wild, awesome.
Leo is a great guide, really. He is so nice and speaks a good English (better than us ;)) everything was perfect : comfortable van, good restaurant...
To resume, I recommend !! Do not hesitate!!

Date of experience: January 2018