“Great Value and Great Location”

Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing
Ranked #195 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Spouse and I stayed here for 8 nights in July with a 2-night break in the middle to go to Xi’an, though we kept the room at Days Inn. It is in a great location – close to the Forbidden City, Tian’an Men Square, Wangfujing Street for shopping and close to the subway. The rooms were small but clean and comfortable with a TV and small fridge. The staff were very good, helpful and had good English. The concierge was excellent and arranged for a driver for us to go to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. Restaurant was OK – fine as a last resort. Good value. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2012

After reading so many posts and advices we finally did our 2 week China tour. And this is my 1st post :).
First stop beijing and we were recommended to Days inn forbidden city by our guide and read the good posts in tripadvisor. We checked in after arriving in Beijing on a freezing midnight at 2 am. The check in is fast. We stayed 3 nights here in the superior room at 2nd floor and enjoyed it. Some of the staff dont speak Good english and they Will direct us to staff who can
Room is clean bright comfortable, bathroom nice and clean strong shower and plenty hot water. Breakfast is ok for us since we are not too picky on food as long as clean, more Chinese style but they served bread, eggs, coffee. The best part is location: walking distance to forbidden city, tian an men, and Wang fu jing
On our check out the staff also were very helpful in getting a taxi for us to go to train station on a rush hour at 6pm

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We moved to this hotel after a nightmare another hotel; the difference is like heaven & earth. The hotel is located within walking distance to the Tiananmen Square & Wangfujing market. It has several eateries along the sidewalks outside the hotel.

The ambience is excellent & the room is clean & bright.

Definitely value for money

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elnise
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I would like to recommend Days Inn Forbidden City in Beijing China; we stay there for six days and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and the ones who did not speak English would happily direct you to someone who could. The rooms we stayed in were clean and well taken care of and everyday new sheets and towels were brought. The grounds were warm and comfortable and the location is in the center of everything. You are 5 minutes away from Forbidden City and Wangfujing market, the value is the best of the hotels we stayed at on our trip.
Also while in Beijing do not be afraid to rent a bicycle to get around, it seems very intimidating but is well worth the adventure. The must see is the Acrobatic show as well as Olympic venues from 2008. I recommend you hire a great tour guide, ours was the best. Yee Lee from www.waytobeijing.com was very informative and will help with all the arrangements you need, she knows the city very well and speaks very good English.

Room Tip: Do not get the basement rooms, the little extra cash is worth going to starndard room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My daughter and I spent a week here in July 2012. Our room was on the 2nd floor. It was small but clean. The bathroom was clean and adequate . The water pressure was not very strong on the first morning. We ate in the restaurant and the food was ok--but expensive. I ordered a coke and they told me it was buy one get one free. The bill stated that one was 28 rmb! Surprise! I would skip the restaurant and the breakfast was ok but not exciting.
We booked some tours and they were very helpful as well as giving us ideas on where to eat. Overall I would recommend this hotel as a budget hotel in a great area. It is about 10 minutes from Forbidden City .

Room Tip: The hotel has some rooms that are in the basement make sure you reserve a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

met the 5 C's: clean, comfortable (not the best mattresses), computer access, cheap, and convenient. A good price, esp given the convenient location: within walking distance of the Forbidden City and two subway stops. There was construction going on outside our window (May 2012) --and they start as soon as the sun's up--so we asked for a room change. We checked out a few other rooms, though, and they were either dingy or smelled of cigarette smoke. We had a "family room" that slept 3 comfortably in two double beds. We had a Chinese speaker with us, but it appeared that there was someone on the staff who spoke English. I liked that there was an ATM machine in the lobby.

Room Tip: ask for a nonsmoking room (assuming you're not a smoker) that's not in the basement and is a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I loved my time at this hotel. It was clean, secure and well-presented. The location was absolutely outstanding. The service was minimalist; but that is the way I like to travel. I enjoyed every minute of my time in Beijing and this hotel was a large part of the reason. I was left to do my own thing, the hotel check in and check out times were 24/7. Overall, I would definitely go back there again for a nice, cheap, no-frills experience where Beijing was the focus. I like to travel, sleep and be clean and tidy - this hotel did all that for me and more. The mattress was typically a tad hard on the Western back but that is a thing hard to avoid in Asia in general.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo