“Fabulous World Class Hotel”

Sofitel Wanda Beijing
Ranked #46 of 6,461 Hotels in Beijing
Melbourne
“Fabulous World Class Hotel”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is beautiful hotel with first class service. Highly recommend the Club Floors with Lounge access - Dena & Amy in the Lounge could not do enough to make our stay more enjoyable.

We stayed two nights with our family and on both nights dined at the Old Shanghai fine dining restaurant at the Sofitel Wanda - superb!

Great Concierge service - we were having difficulties with our online airline bookings, but Paul at Concierge sorted these out for us - no fuss, no bother - just a cheerful smile!

Good shopping plaza, Walmart store, coffee shop and ATMs almost next door.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Bonjour keneverywhere,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Magnifique comments!
I am delighted to read how much you have enjoyed our Club Lounge as well the Old Shanghai restaurant and our Concierge team's services. I have shared your comments with our team and especially Dena, Amy & Paul were very happy about your compliments.
I do hope that we can welcome you back soon!
Cedric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel does not live up to its number of stars. Feels more like a medium 4 star hotel. The rooms and beds are nice and big, but could use some renovation and you would expect them to be cleaner. The food is very expensive, most of the staff does not speak english, and the few that does still make you wonder if what you agreed upon is really whats going to happen. No driver service. A nightmare to get taxis. Overall a medium level of service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Bonjour Erik P,
Thank you for your feedback on Sofitel Wanda Beijing.
I would like to express my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations. Your comments have been shared and discussed with our entire management team. It is of great importance to us to be able to communicate with our international guests, thus our english support classes for our Ambassadors will be re-enforced. Your comments regarding the room cleanliness have also been discussed in detail with our Housekeeping management team and appropriate measures will be taken immediately.
I do hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back and better serve you in future.
Hong Kong
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was invited to attend a business event, and my client booked me this hotel, at a very affordable rate, (thanks). My client's event was held on the function room (occupying more then 500 people) in the same hotel. my colleague and I were staying on 17/F.
The breakfast was so so, nothing fancy. I did not have any chance to try other restaurants.
The room was clean and nice, WIFI, internet were working well (especially important for business trip). everything was just fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Bonjour Babyprotector,
Merci for taking the time to rate Sofitel Wanda Beijing on TripAdvisor.
Your comments have been shared with our team and I am very happy to read that you and your clients enjoyed your stay as well as the function.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future or maybe even hold another event at our property soon.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I spent 2 days in this hotel that has perfect location. My rate is 5 stars and hotel totally corresponds them!
Room is fully equipped with everything you need no matter what reason you have to stop here.
Pool, sauna, gym you are very welcome to visit it and then have a relax to recover after a hard day into a bed which is really big and very comfortable. Meal and service on the high level.

Definitely i'll stay here next my trip to Beijing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Bonjour Aleksandr C,
Thank you for taking the time to share this great comment on TripAdvisor.
I will share your comment with our entire team and it fills me with great pleasure to receive your compliments on our facilities, services and restaurants.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Daughter was ill on the first 2 days after arriving. And we received get well cards, beautiful roses, and well wishes from the staff. We certainly felt home away from home, and greatly appreciate your hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bonjour Tracy Y,
Merci for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.
It was a great pleasure to welcome you and your daughters and I am glad that we were able to make you feel like home.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Sofitel Wanda Beijing was a good hotel experience, high end european style hotel in the business area of Beijing. Just steps from a metro station that can take you anywhere in the city. The room was superb, and the service was very welcoming. But don't expect to find anyone speaking english outside the front desk. Not even at the hotel restaurants, except for the hotel breakfast restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Bonjour CarlosNobre,
Merci for taking the time to rate Sofitel Wanda Beijing on Tripadvisor.
Moreover, thank you for your great compliments, they have been shared with our entire team.
I would like to express my apologies regarding your experience concerning the level of english. I am convinced that our English language support classes will help to continuously improve all of our staff's language skills and show the improvements very soon.
I do hope that we can welcome you back soon.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Everything you'd expect from the Sofitel brand and perfect for staying in Beijing - especially on business. I was in a club room on Floor 26 (I think). Great views over Beijing. Good sized room with all the facilities and quality you'd expect in a 5 star room. Very clean - certainly compared to other hotels I've stayed in Beijing, where often you can still smell the pollution even in the room. It's not great if you want to go down town as a bit of walk to station but taxis in Beijing are very cheap. It's in middle of CBD so if your working in that area then it's perfect. The price I paid was pretty reasonable and comparable with other hotels.

Room Tip: Higher up the better. If you are Accor Club member see if you can get upgrade (automatic if Gold/Pl...