Hotel Cote Cour Beijing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$167
Agoda.com
$265
$239
Agoda.com
All reviewsyanyue hutongboutique hotelyogurthutong experiencehot breakfastevery morningbeautiful courtyardsmall hotelmodern amenitiestraditional beijingdongsi stationquiet at nighttaxi driverwe loved our staydumplingschinese culturespent nights
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We moved to this hotel from a big chain hotel and it has been a wonderful experience. It's quiet, the courtyard is very peaceful, the breakfast is great, and the service the best we've seen for quiet a while. A little hard to find in a taxi but definitely worth the effort if you want a change from the big hotels. We stayed in a small room but it was big enough, with a nice clean and modern bathroom.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guangzhoudaniel
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel, a traditional hutong, was absolutely amazing! We were greeted by the staff as if we were long lost relatives (ones they were actually glad to see!) The courtyard was simply breathtaking, and then we ventured up to the rooftop - WOW! As you sit and take in the lush surroundings, you simply forget that you're in the middle of one of the most populated cities on the planet. Every convenience was at our disposal, from laptops and cellphones to detailed plans on getting to and from sight-seeing musts. My favorite extra has to be the sweet kitties who bade you "good morning" as you made your way to breakfast (which was scrumptious!) Among the many places to relax was a nook just at the top of the stairs, complete with comfy couches for enjoying the peacefulness of the place. It may be a bit pricey, but if you want to enjoy the charm of China in days past look no further than Cote Cour, Beijing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you want to stay somewhere charming in heart of Beijing, look no further than the Cote Cour! This is one of best small hotels I have stayed in. The service is superb and personalized, whether it be help in getting English on the in house laptop or help opening a stubborn suitcase.

The hotel is superbly located in a traditional hutong area, yet only about 10 to 15 minutes walk from Wangfujing St. It is also very quiet, we couldn t hear any traffic noise at night (making for restful slumber). The rooms are a little small, but charmingly decorated in Chinese style. The beds are a little hard and some of the paint work could ve done with a little attention, but otherwise the décor was great, including a very cool ensuite. The rooms face a lovely courtyard, which is perfect for sometime relaxing. However there are plenty of areas to relax in; including two guest lounges and expansive rooftop terraces. There is also a lovely restaurant, that serves lovely dim sum and breakfast.

For the rest of my trip, we stayed in international hotels, but I suggest you try something different; you won t be disappointed. PS. I love the hotel s cats (I think they re the happiest cats in Beijing).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

As the driver navigated the impossibly narrow alleyways on final approach to the Cote Cour my wife nervously asked me how many stars this hotel was. In spite of the reviews I had read saying not to worry, I was worried. When the car stopped, I saw the beautiful red front door framed by two large orange lanterns and felt better. When we stepped inside I felt like we had crossed into another reality. From there it only got better. Well maintained, tastefully decorated, warm and welcoming staff. We were in a deluxe room which was quite large. I checked out a standard room, furnished the same but a bit smaller. Bathroom fixtures all top notch and modern, bedroom furnishings all very tasteful. The breakfast was delicious, western style. They arranged a driver to take us to the Great Wall and Summer Palace as well as airport pickup and delivery. A short walk out of the hutong to walking streets. Quite a hike to Tiananmen Square / Forbidden City but do-able, I would take a taxi next time. If we return to see more of Beijing I would certainly book here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dragon_bob
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and was delighted with the hotel in pretty much every way. The staff could not do enough to help, and were always very friendly and helpful. The room was gorgeous and overlooked a lovely tranquil courtyard where you can sit and enjoy a peaceful drink. Food was great, atmosphere relaxed - exactly what I hoped for.

• Stayed: June 2013