“rooms are ok”

Qianyuan International Business Hotel
Ranked #512 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The location of the hotel is good, 10 minutes to go from end station of airport express. The texi driver asked for 50.-Yuan for may be 2 minutes drive. The facilities in room are old, it needs always Reparation. The light in bathroom is dark.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The rooms were not clean-carpet was old and dirty.

Resturancts on site open too late in the morning--

Location is not near any coffee shops or retail.

I would not stay here again.

Staff was helpful- but undertodn English very little--the reason I choose this hotel was because it was advertised as a business hotel meaning it could accomodate the international traveler.

I would like some type of refund /credit as this hotel was overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Advantages:
-Good location – close to the tube station and airport express to go to Beijing International Airport.
-Fair variety of breakfast menu
Disadvantages:
-Bad smell in the room – they must have some sewage/waste pipe problem – once we have entered the room the smell was horrendous and unbearable. It comes from sink and toilet in the bathroom as well as he sink in the kitchen
-Hotel staff does not speak English at all and they provide very slow reception service serving local people before foreigners. They let us wait for about 40mins to check out while other local people had been served before us even if they arrived to the reception area long time after we ask for the check out.
-In the middle of the night at 2.15am group of people entered our room and started checking some ventilation pipes in our ceiling. They could not explain why they were doing it and ask somebody who was not member of the staff to tell us that they have been trying to establish some noise coming from the air con unit reported by somebody earlier on. We found it unreasonable and unacceptable as it was not an emergency that had to be dealt with immediately. We also tried to stop them from coming to the room as none of the people were displaying any id so we could verify they were working in the hotel.
-Low cleaning standard – especially dirty carpets and dust in the room

Overall, the hotel is not too bad considering the price we have paid (£25) but need some serious renovation works and staff should be trained to behave more professionally when working with international guests. I can only recommend it for very short stay where you can hold on waiting for connection flight/train ect.
The staff gives bad impression being not polite, not saying hello, please and thank you and also not using their common sense when dealing with their guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonNikita
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in february 2012 for a second time. Overall is not a bad hotel since the location is very convenient but there are several disappointing items.
The worst part is the mattress, it’s extremely hard. The coils seems to get stuck in your back. For me it was important since the jet lag wakes you up and then there is no way to sleep again
Do not expect a ‘european continental’ breakfast. Bad coffee, slice of bread, and bacon. Although if you like Chinese food for breakfast looked quite good.
On the positive things, clean bathroom, clean room. The best thing is the location. It’s located in the second ring and there are plenty of restaurants to eat nearby. If you like European food there is a shopping mall at walking distance with free access to Internet
Internet is not free, but is not very expensive. You have to pay (2.5 euros per day) for a lan connection. Although is not very reliable, I tried to connect a couple of times and I was not able to connect. I ended up using the business center.
I will say that is a three star hotel, although four stars for Chinese standards

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank patxi1968
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 6 nights in a deluxe double room but wished we had been able to check out after the first night. The location is good but the staff weren't at all welcoming and very little English spoken. The room was big and the bathroom was modern, free internet in the room but the big problem was the bed which was as hard as rocks - we didn't get a good night's sleep the whole time we were there. The room included a full kitchen but there were no crockery, cutlery or pots provided, so what was the point? The rickety floor lamp fell over in the night and the glass shattered everywhere.

When we went up to the Business Centre to get some help with booking train tickets, the guy was literally fast asleep at his desk - when he woke up, he didn't speak English but we had Chinese friends with us to interpret. He took a phone call in the middle of the conversation and then just abandoned us when someone else came in.

The carpet in the lifts is changed everyday to indicate the day of the week, but it was filthy every time. Our room had a faint smell of sewage when we opened the door each time as did the entrance to the hotel so we did not risk eating there.

Would never stay there again or recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I am from US. This hotel looks same from outside as shown in the picture but rooms does not look like shown in picture. I had to change three rooms and all were same dirty. This is not four star or business hotel.
Good:
1. location - if you are taking subway.
2. Price if you are staying alone
3. Bell boy was very helpful in getting taxi and solving few other issues even though he did not know English.
4. Free Internet and breakfast
Bad:
1. Location - if you need to take taxi. No one wanted to come to the hotel and it was hard to get taxi to go to tourist area.
2. BED - really hard beds. You get used to with it but first night will be miserable
3. Carpet - really shabby inside the room, hallway and elevator
4. light - not enough light in the room and specially in bathroom
5. Bathroom - Bathroom has glass door and can see what some one is doing in from the room which is OK but shower door was not locking and drain was bad so water spills in bathroom floor and not usable after taking shower. Don't use everything from bathroom because some are selling items and they will charge you.
6. Breakfast - mostly cater towards Chinese. But still OK because they had omlett station
7. Front Desk - They don't know English and if some one knows it's limited to check you in the hotel. After that you are on your own. Anything you ask, they point toward outside. I ask for taxi and they said outside, I asked for tour and they said outside. I asked for Taxi to airport. They were not sure what airport so I showed them my Itinerary so they asked taxi driver to take me to airport but did not tell which terminal and ended up at terminal 2 instead of terminal 3. Also, during check out they wanted to charge me full amount even though I booked and pay though internet site. It took me 15 mins to explain and even then they charged me 100 RMB more in taxes.

In the end, I would not suggest any western traveler.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2010

the place needs renovation. it's white/beige interior has become greyish yellowish white/beige. carpet is peeling off and furniture start to look shabby. my wardrobe door was jammed and the electric water kettle provided was out of order. other than that, the room and bathroom are clean.
service is not superb. it took them 2 hours and 4 phone calls to send a technician to fix my wardrobe door. staff does speak sufficient english. i was unfortunately was served by an unfriendly staff when checked out.
location is great for eating out, especially a night. there's a big 7-eleven within walking distance. subway line 2 and 5 are within 10 min walk.
internet was not part of the room rate. they charged cny30/day or cny7/hour