“Horrible place”

Beijing Mandarin Fortuneland Business Hotel
Ranked #3,370 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
“Horrible place”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

From the moment taxi left me in front of the hotel I had a bad feeling about this place and god I was right. People working on the reception are trying to be nice but their knowledge of english is poor. After I checked in (lasted about half hour) I was shown to my room. Room was in the building next to the main building and the hallways look like under construction. First thing I noticed were the grey sheets on my bed. I entered the bathroom and there isn't a shower cabin(shower is just attached to the wall and if you get a shower the whole bathroom gets wet. Toilet was clogged and the towels were dirty. Whoever rated this hotel 4* was not here or was paid under the table. This is a 1* hotel and not even close to the second *.

2 Thank seljo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
West Richland, Washington
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We booked this hotel because we saw it had a round room with a round bed! We booked it for 5 night but stayed only 1 because upon styaing there that night we noticed how dirty everything was. There was hair all over the carpet and the sheets still had cigarette stains on them even though it was a non smoking room and there were still ash trays in the room. Also there was alot of construction going on aroudn the hotel and you could hear everything. Needless to say we checked out early.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank adabne1

Travelers are raving about these Beijing hotels

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Hey guys,
I'm usually VERY easy to please. I'm 23 from Sydney Australia and I travel the world quite a bit.

I'm at this hotel right now, and cannot fathom just how horrendous the staff's lack of ability to speak English is!! It took me about an hour to try explain that I wanted to upgrade my room, I had to eventually YELL into the phone for someone to come to my room so I could show them I wanted a wine bottle opener, and I'm fraught to imagine what checkout will be like.

They do NOT cater to the English traveller whatsoever.

Granted, the rooms are nice, but the hotel is in a terrible location. You can't just pop out for.. well, anything really.

Room service?? Non-existent. I looked for a menu, couldn't find one so I called reception, her response "Okay, I send two towels to room sir."

Please, do not stay here. This has been the first hotel which has urged me to write a review.

Cheers.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank mg438
MAD
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Me and my husband went on a express trip to beijing, this is a very nice chic hotel.
Our room was very spacious, clean with modern deco. Hotel lobby service is good, there english is very poor (in all china) but try to make your stay better.

I really dont recommend the breakfast if your use to continental breakfast, there was no butter, the coffee was literaly transparent and the scrambled eggs were cold!

the hotel isn't very near the tourist sities, and may have problems with taxis in rush hours.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alethia41
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Have stayed here several times and each time it gets a little worse. Its not terrible, the location is good, and the English-challenged staff tries hard. Clearly it is no longer aimed at an international clientele (despite the name). No English TV stations, and a breakfast that would not appeal to Westerners. Rooms are clean and comfortable but furniture is ultra modern and weird which is not so comfortable. The price (I paid RMB599) which was too much relative to what's available elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Globo4368
Asia
Reviewed March 12, 2009

i stayed for 7 days & overall is was fine...dont put any high expectations despite its a 4 star hotel...its looks like an old buliding outside like an office b4 that they made it into a hotel but when i enter the room it was funky decorated (the paint) but what i like is its office table & the sofa set despite having a hard mattress on my bed(i think thats general to all hotels in china)...the buffet breakfast which is included in the price(i payed 498rmb/$73 which i book online) is awesome wide, slection! the only thing i was upset is when ate in the western restaurant located on the 2nd floor, i ordered a very simple set menu whick takes 40 mins before they brought it to my table & i was very hungry already(u can consider if its really delicious but just ok...)i attached some pics on the room where i stayed...good location, free internet access, staff are trying hard to speak english, sometimes i need to write it or do sign language just for them to understand & when u want a room service sum1 must come 2 ur room to point in their menu what food u wana order bcoz they can hardly understand it by phone...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple