“The Raffles experience in Beijing”
Review of Beijing Hotel NUO

Beijing Hotel NUO
Ranked #23 of 6,491 Hotels in Beijing
Keybarbin Via Tabulam
“The Raffles experience in Beijing”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed three nights at the Raffles hotel in Beijing and can thoroughly recommend this hotel . Great location an easy walk to Tianamen Square and a chip to the underground station , which is very user friendly . The staff are exceptional and this is China . The decor is superb , the rooms well appointed , the food and service exceptional

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Roderick,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Beijing. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are certainly extremely thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us at Raffles Beijing Hotel.

Accolades and sentiments of appreciation such as yours only encourage us to further improve our services and facilities.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Raffle Beijing Hotel.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at the Raffles in Beijing was very satisfied with the location, the security, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. 5 stars on all counts. In particular, the staff in the Executive Lounge (Sage and Lisa) were very friendly and helpful in giving us suggestions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for your kind letter and the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

Second, on behalf of my entire team at Raffles Beijing Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us. At Raffles our mission is to completely delight and satisfy our guests, make them feel home away from home. What makes us special is a combination of two things – what we bring to the world and what we bring to every single person who visits Raffles. These are the very heart of our brand. The first describes what we are: an oasis for the well travelled. The second is what we bring to every one of our guests. It`s not about what they get, it is about how they feel. Emotional luxury.

Therefore it is a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services and facilities such as yours. We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations, that you enjoyed your time with us.

We will certainly share your report with Sage and Lisa from the Executive Lounge as well as with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades and sentiments such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Beijing Hotel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Very conveniently situated. You feel as though you are the only guest and friendly advice is readily given. The rooms are a good size and quiet. The swimming pool is a good size too. The beds are big and very comfy. The only downsides are a slow internet connection and you can't control the temp of the Air conditioning. So it can only be on or off. But john the hotel ambassador is a fount of knowledge and greets you warmly whenever you appear in the foyer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Eric,

We would like to thank you for having chosen Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing as well as for your feedback following your recent stay. We very much appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Here at Raffles we strive for being an “oasis for the well-travelled” by creating emotional luxury. We agree that location and the condition of facilities are extremely important to our guests but we also believe that in the end it is the personal touches that make the difference. Therefore, we were certainly thrilled to learn that you appreciated John`s efforts to make your stay more enjoyable.

We are also delighted to learn that the small challenges you experienced with the internet connectivity and air-conditioning did not detract from the overall enjoyment of your stay.

Kindest regards,

Tackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The summary above says it all! We only stayed for a short while, but were treated like frequent and important guests. The "Ambassador", John Spooner was a wonderful "meeter and greeter" who made us feel welcome and gave us lots of useful information and advice about things to do and how to get there. The duty manager was similarly helpful and delightful, and Henk the concierge was extremely helpful with information, bookings, etc.
Our rooms (we were there twice in a short time) were very comfortable and well appointed, although one was a lttle "tired" and redecoration shouldn't be too much delayed.
The breakfast was excellent, far better than the usual hotel buffet, but so it should have been at about £27 a head!
The location is very good, with a Line 1 subway station just a short walk away, and close to Tiananmen Square and other major sights.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of my entire team at Raffles Beijing Hotel, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for you staying with us and I would also like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.

Here at Raffles we strive for being an “oasis for the well-travelled” by creating emotional luxury. We deliver our brand through our unfailing way of behaving – the personality that people see. Everyone working at Raffles behaves consistently, every minute of every day, to deliver what our guests expect from us. We at Raffles are thoughtful and welcoming, charming and graceful.

Hence, it is a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive such positive and encouraging remarks. We will certainly share your report with John Spooner and his team, our service and culinary brigade at East 33, our all-day-dining Restaurant as well as all other colleagues.

Again, thank you for recommending Raffles and we are very much looking forward to the opportunity welcoming you back to Raffles Beijing.

General Manger
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2014

It was lovely to come back to this oasis of calm after the hussle and bussle of touring Beijing and its attractions. The service was excellent and the staff always had a smile; most spoke a little bit of English but, if they couldn't understand there was always someone close by who could. The staff certainly did their best to make you feel welcome.
The breakfast buffet is huge with a lot of choice and plenty of good tasty food. But - in my mind - far too expensive at almost Euro 30 per person. So for two mornings we decided to go next door to The Grand Beijing Hotel where the breakfast buffet costs about Euro 20 per person and is almost just as good.
Two further minor points: Raffles sees itself as a Luxury Hotel:
* there should always be tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar etc etc in the room
* for turn-down service - how about a chocolate on the bed?
* a plate with some fresh fruit would be appropriate
All in all I would recommend this hotel as a lovely and enjoyable place to spend some relaxing time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

We will certainly share your report with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades and sentiments such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The location of the hotel was great.

I booked an executive room which was basically a suite and gave me access to the executive lounge which serves a few snacks during the day and then a very substantial afternoon tea at 3pm and cocktail hour at 6-8pm. Great value for money.

I must admit I did expect the room, while big, to be a little more posh in finish than it actually was. Though I got a special deal on Agoda which made this a great value stay, had I paid the normal rate, the room would have been disappointing.

The spa is exorbitantly priced - verging on double the price of the Grand Hyatt just up the road. I did not use it based on the outrageous pricing.

Wifi quality in the hotel isn't great, it drops off pretty easily so you need to keep an eye on your mobile to make sure you don't need to attempt re-connection.

Executive lounge staff are incredibly friendly and gracious people. They are the ones who made my stay awesome.

Breakfast is fantastic variety and quality. An east meets west selection.

The concierge desk was also incredibly helpful and I am grateful to them for assisting with the arrangements of my stay.

One thing I didn't realize was that if you have an executive room, you can check out at the executive lounge.

Tip for Beijing - at the airport, the woman managing the taxi queue was sulky and uninterested. I was led to a non standard taxi by a man who at first I thought was a normal taxi driver. He instead had a big van and I said, I didn't need that, I'm just a solo traveler and I wanted to travel in a regular cab. He assured me that the van was in fact the same price as a regular taxi. So I said fine and said I wanted a receipt. He said that the cost would be 650 CNY. I freaked out, realizing that this was around a quarter of my spending money and demanded to speak with an airport staff member. The sulky woman was largely unhelpful but at least pointed me in the direction of a regular cab. One of the other van drivers who spoke good English assisted me in telling the regular taxi guy where to go. Very good of him though having the address of the hotel in Chinese characters pretty much guarantees the driver will know where to go to get to Raffles. The cost of the regular cab when the meter was stopped? 100 CNY. Don't get ripped off, go in a regular cab!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us at Raffles Beijing Hotel. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We would like to thank you for having chosen Raffles as your preferred accommodation in Beijing and your positive comments regarding the friendliness of our colleagues at the Executive Lounge and the qulity of our breakfast buffet. As you can imagine on the other hand, I was disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced with the Wi-Fi signal. We will address all your concern accordingly in order to prevent similar events from reoccurrence. We were also disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced with “In One Spa”. The Spa is located right next to our Raffles Amrita Gym in the atrium that connects our heritage building with the auxiliary wing. However, Raffles does not operate the Spa. “In One Spa” is just like the Japanese restaurant on the first floor a tenant of the atrium building and services provided are not under our control. We will certainly share your experience and disappointment with the Spa operator.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. Location is perfect and the hotel itself if superb. The staff are very friendly and the Raffles Ambassador is a gentleman and has every guests experience as his centre of focus.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Raoul,

Thank you for having chosen Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing and we appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed our facilities as well as the personalized services our Raffles Ambassador John Spooner and his team extended to you. We will share your remarks with John and we know that comments and accolades such as yours will encourage John and his team to further enhance their services.

General Manger