“I had a pleasant stay, but I may not want to come back.”
Review of Beijing Hotel NUO

Beijing Hotel NUO
Ranked #27 of 6,596 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 3, 2013

All the rooms in Building B are suites and therefore quite spacious. Rooms are nicely designed and decorated, with a touch of traditional Chinese characteristics, e.g. traditional basket, indigo-print slippers, etc.

However, I found this hotel pays more attention to building the atmosphere and making it more characteristics, and it misses some basics that affects the comfort and convenience of staying in the room. I may be picky but I'm looking at the Raffles standards. The shower space is very small. There's no place closer to put the bath towel or changing clothes. The closet is inside the toilet area where the space can easily get damp after shower. There're only limited international TV channels available.

Well, I had a pleasant stay in general. But I may want to choose another hotel next time in Beijing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Sent on behalf of Mr. Matthias Al-Amiry, General Manager Raffles Beijing Hotel, who is currently traveling.

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us and others on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the spacious suite in our State Building (Building B) and its design. Despite you having found the bathroom configuration not to your convenience we would hope that you will still consider to stay with us upon your next visit to Beijing as we do have rooms with a different bathroom configurations, including the closet being located outside the bathroom. These rooms are located within the State Building as well as in our Heritage Building and we would be happy to show these to you upon your return.

The number of international TV channels available in Beijing is not comparable to other international destinations, while we do offer a choice that matches or exceeds the standard variety in Beijing.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,739)

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night at Raffles. I checked in at the evening and was offered a free upgrade to the landmark room. A staff brought me to the room on 3/f and confirmed if I was happy with the room.

The room is spacious with a mini balcony. The bed is large and soft - very comfortable. Complimentary fresh fruit is available. Bathroom is not as large as I expected though, there is anything needed.

Hotel location is great - it's right outside a metro station exit, 5 minutes walk from wangfujin and 10 minutes from tiananmen. Very easy to get access to the any part of Beijing.

The only bad thing of the hotel is the air conditioning of the room. I tried to switch on air con but only there was only heating. I finally opened the door of the balcony and got from freezing air outside.

Overall it was an excellent experience with this luxury hotel brand. Good value of money!

• Stayed: February 2013

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

My colleagues and I are very pleased that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and its proximity to key tourist sites as well as the Wanfujing shopping area and subway Line 1 as well as the value for money relation. Your comments about the general service and room set ups including comfortable mattress have been duly noted.

In regards to the temperature control in the rooms we are currently experiencing the weather change from a severe winter to more pleasant spring time weather with higher outside temperatures, which led us to readjust our heating system but will also take a few days. Therefore the only way to adjust the temperature in the transition period is to switch it off. Most of our rooms, such as yours, have windows to open as well as a number of rooms facing Chang An Avenue do have a small step out area.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you soon again at Raffles Beijing Hotel. Upon your next visit we would also like to show you different room categories with different bathroom configurations.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Modern hotel with exceptional level of service, including a dedicated guest ambassador, good dining with the option to use adjoining hotels Duck restuarant.
Rooms are spacious and quiet.
Room service really excellent

One of the biggest pools in China and excellemt spa

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future, in order to enjoy our service and facilities once again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am frequent traveller to Beijing for business and family matters and found Raffles Beijing Hotel the best place to stay. Not mentioning the location, history and hardware of the hotel, it offers extradinary personal services beyond excellence. From the point that you get off the plane at the airport, you start enjoying VIP treatments of transport, check-in, room services, concierge services, restaurants, business lounge, and many more. Your stay is recognized by all hotel staff who make you feel absolutely at home. I have stayed at raffles beijing many times since 2007 and I have received the services at the same level of nothing but the best. I have recommended the hotel to many of my business associates from North America and they all enjoyed the same experiences as I have. I simply call it my Beijing home.

Room Tip: Rooms at Building E are spacious suites perfect for business travellers.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yimin C

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing once again. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor, especially as a repeat guest.

On behalf of the hotel and my colleagues, I would like express my sincere gratitude for your detailed description from arrival to departure. It makes us all very proud to have served you all these years and we now look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

We share the perception with you that all our Executive Rooms in Building E are all spacious Junior Suites with a divider door, separating the living and sleeping areas.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

From start to finish this hotel was great the lobby was clean beautiful and warm and friendly the staff were on hand with any question you had I sayed here march 2012 with my brother for 5nights
The room was fantastic more than what I expected I could easily stay here a month it was that cosy, we had a free up grade in bedroom with his and her sinks jacuzzi the swimming pool was out side our room (easy access ) very quite free wifi good tv channels changed bedding every day not just make the beds but clean sheets ! The breakfast was great clean breakfast area loads of choice to choose from staff friendly had gift shops that were nice and good gym . Would I stay here again YES I would and any one oing Beijing defo stay at this hotel !!

Try go theatre and see the chow ling fighters they were great ! And the forbidden city and the Great Wall of china we got a taxi for the day and shared it with another person worked out cheap enough round 10 pound each and 10 pound or so to get into the Great Wall of china

Room Tip: My room was 3 floor was lovely I guess all rooms would be the same standard so any room should be fi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing during this repeat visit to our hotel. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

My colleagues and I are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. Your comments relating to our cozy room set up, well appointed bathroom facilities and other facilities.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Beijing Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

During the Chinese New Year holiday we used the Raffles Beijing for a small escape. We enjoyed the hotel to the fullest with all its facilities. Dinner buffet and breakfast were both outstanding, room service was one of the best I ever had. The room is in top shape and the interior makes you feel royal.
We loved it and will definitely be back for more.

Room Tip: Very impresseive is the front side of the hotel with balcony (I think balcony rooms are only availab...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

My colleagues and I are extremely pleased to learn that you enjoyed your getaway during the Chinese New Year holidays with us. Your comments relating to our food quality and offerings in East 33 our all day dining restaurant as well as through Room Service encourage all of us to work even harder to continue providing first class guest experiences.

As correctly mentioned by you certain room categories in the Heritage building facing Chang An Avenue do provide a small non-exclusive “step” out.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Beijing Hotel in the not too distant future. We do offer special arrangements and deals over Chinese Public Holidays, please keep a look out for these special deals.

Resident Manger

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed for one week at this hotel with our son and partner after visiting Hong Kong the week before. Our son had requested rooms on the same floor but apparently there had been a mix up in the reservation. We were immediately offered an upgrade to a suite which was absolutely perfect. Everything was immaculate and spotlessly clean. We found the breakfast quite acceptable with plenty of choice and ate in the hotel every night after busy days sightseeing. The staff were very helpful when needed and very polite as would be expected of a hotel of this standard. All in all a very enjoyable experience

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank libra47199
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation with your family. We highly appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It is extremely rewarding to see that you found our response to the mix up in reservations to be adequate. Furthermore, my colleagues and I were delighted to learn that you found our levels of hygiene and cleanliness to be up to perfection as well as our service standards remained helpful and polite throughout your stay.

Resident Manger