I've stayed in the apartment wing on the first visit (which was a stunning 2 bedroom affair at a reasonable price) so on the second visit, I thought I try the hotel as I was a solo traveller.
The position of this hotel is brilliant. Its also a very well kept property. Being less than 5 years old (?) I applaud the team there for keeping it in good order.
I relish the Sunday "red" theme at brunch where there is a massive selection of food and champagne. The quality of the food is brilliant with a highlight being the seafood and Peking duck section. The australian food and beverage manager (Jason) is very knowledgeable and approachable. He leads an excellent team.
The breakfast buffet daily is good although it gets a bit boring after a while (I stayed four days).
The rooms are well appointed and the staff are very efficient - for instance, my iron was broken and no sooner had a called service express but another was at my door.
Drinks are cheaper from the mini-bar than the bar. The bathroom is excellent although the placement of the rubbish bin is quite annoying (by your feet near the toilet).
Well worth the stay with reasonable rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the midst of the capital’s financial district with access to major corporate headquarters, the hotel is just minutes from cultural icons such as The Forbidden City as well as Beijing’s finest shopping and entertainment districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Beijing Financial Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beijing Financial Street Hotel Beijing
- Westin Beijing Financial Street
- Beijing Westin
- Westin Hotel Beijing