“Superb Customer Service”

Ranked #24 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Having stayed at the Westin in Beijing last week, I would highly recommend this hotel due to its excellent location, customer service and facilities. Eason Han and the Front Desk Team were exceptional in ensuring all our needs were met and my colleagues and I will certainly be back! Great job Westin!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinBeijingFS, Hotel Management at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Christie_26,

Thank you for sharing your insights with our friends here at tripadvisor.com. We are delighted to receive your encouraging comments towards our facilities and team, especially the Front Office team and Eason in particular.

We will strive to continue doing our job well and make sure your next visit remains memorable.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stay at Westin Financial Street several times a year.

My most recent stay was with a business group for about a week. The entire team came together to make it a top-level trip. The front desk was especially attentive and was accommodating of all our requests. We will certainly be back.

1  Thank HonestViewHere
TheWestinBeijingFS, Hotel Manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear HonestViewHere:

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us following your recent stay at The Westin Beijing Financial Street. We are happy to hear that you, as one of our loyal guests, enjoyed the Westin experience.

Your heartening words of appreciation has been delivered to the team, and especially the Front Desk.

We look forward to your next visit, and an opportunity to add another uplifting encounter to your memory with us.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Recent visit to the above hotel gave me a surprise. The front desk staffs are very helpful and always served in a very professional manner. I pay special thanks to the staff Mr. Eason Han whom had offered a very personalised service during check in and check out and the caring of the hotel guest has left me a very nice impression to the hotel as a whole.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter T
TheWestinBeijingFS, Hotel Manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Peter T,

Your comments are well received and thank you for sharing your insights with our friends at Tripadvisor.com. It is encouraging to learn your experience at The Westin Beijing Financial Street was a pleasant one and that you were well looked after by our team. Your comments towards our Front Office and Eason have been delivered and they are inspired by your words of praise.

We will continue to elevate our services to ensure that your future stays remain memorable and look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This stunning hotel will remain as one of the top I have stayed in Beijing. The Best Westin in Beijing. Front Desk agent always show their smile face and fantastic personalize service to me in every time contacts. the staff are respectful, insightful and informative. Mr Andy wang is the Front Office Manager and a helpfull resource. informative. This is a truly 5star plus venue and accessible to most sights - I am delighted to say I am returning for a longer stay in 2013.

Room Tip: Pay more money to try their Executive floor, the breakfast is really international cusine and high q...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank peter P
TheWestinBeijingFS, hotel manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Peter P,

Thank you for sharing your insights with our friends at Tripadvisor.

It is a great pleasure to learn about your experience with us and to know that you were well looked after by our team.

Your kind and encouraging comments have been delivered to our Front Office team and Andy in particular.

We are delighted by the prospect to be able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another uplifting experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a decent business hotel and that's about it. If you are a business traveller and need a place to sleep and a gym, you have everything you need. The staff member are polite and efficient. The room is small, simple and clean. They provide a fruit basket for each guest with a card signed by the General Manager which is really touching. The buffet breakfast provides a wide spread of lots of juices, soya milk, congee, vegetables, noodles, cereals and lots of other healthy stuff. The food is delicious too. They provide T-shirts and running gears for the Gym. However, the facilities are old. The water in the swimming pool is too cold for winter, There were minor leaks in my bathroom and I had to use the towel to dry the floor after my shower.

1  Thank GOAL_Spring
TheWestinBeijingFS, Hotel Manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear GOAL_Spring,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Beijing Financial Street and sharing your valuable feedback here on Tripadvisor.com.

It is with regret that we take the description of the drawbacks you faced on board and we will certainly address the issues you raised
surrounding the water temperature in swimming pool and water leaking in your bath room with the team.

On the other hand, we are happy to hear that you appreciated our Westin Workout facilities, the buffet breakfast, personal touches
and staff efficiency.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for yet another Westin experience.

Stay Well,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stayed here a few times as it is very conveniently situated just round the corner from one of our major clients. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful, but sadly the hotel itself has seen better days, and whilst the rooms are clean they are really starting to show their age. I also noticed that the limo service from the airport appears to have been downgraded from my last visit a year ago. When I last arrived a very efficient young lady whisked me through the airport, down some smart looking corridors and into the waiting car at a private entrance. This time we had to go right through the airport and wait outside for ten minutes until our driver finally showed up.

My colleague was staying in a club room so we both had breakfast in the club lounge which was quiet, civilised and efficient with a good choice of food.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Golden H,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Beijing Financial Street and taking your time to share feedback with us after your recent stay.

We regret to hear the new airport pick-up procedures that are provided in liaison with a 3rd party did not match your previous experience.

Your comment in this respect will certainly be taken into consideration and we wish to apologize for keeping you waiting longer than you would have expected.

At the same time, your feedback towards our Westin Executive Club breakfast and staff friendliness is encouraging.

We will strive to revive our facilities and we hope to welcome you back in the near future to rediscover the Westin Beijing Financial Street at its best.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

First impressions when walking into the Westin BJ FInancial Street is that it even less than understated. The check-in area is a small corner to the left of what I guess they consider a lobby.
Very drab. The check-in staff were very attentive and did check me in very quickly.

The disappointment started when entering my room. The smell of musty carpet is not what I expect when paying S$550 per night. The room seemed smaller than expected.

It was when I turned on the lights that the dismay began. The pilling of the carpet was incredible. It looked like a floor of fuzz. And to add to that, it was stained all over. Obvious coffee drops all over the area near the coffee machine and the small sofa area. I get it that people will spill coffee, but I also expect a hotel such as the Westin to ensure that it's cleaned out. A drop here or there would be excusable, but this was spotty enough to make you not want to al all walk barefoot on this carpet.

It's one of the few hotel rooms I have stayed which did not have any boxed tissues. So your only alternative is to use toilet paper. It's also the only business class hotel I have ever stayed that did not have a shoe shine kit in the closet. All I needed in the morning was that small cheap show sponge, but none was to be found anywhere. Each night you are given two small bottles of water, so if you use one for coffee, you have one bottle for the remainder of the day.

For S$50 more I could have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, but I had decided to stay in the same hotel as my clients. I stayed at the Ritz last time, and it's a whole other world. The rooms are far far better, and the atmosphere of the hotel is much warmer and more sophisticated. The Ritz uses lighting in their lobby to a nice effect, whereas at the Westin they seem to feel that atmosphere is achieved by simply making it dark.

I was going to write this review the first night i was there, but decided to wait until at least after I checked out, to give the place a chance to redeem itself. I thought perhaps I could express my opinion at check-out and I'd at least get some apologetic feedback. But guess what. They didn't even ask me how I enjoyed my stay. I'd walked across the square to the Ritz to visit a colleague staying there, and within a second of entering the hotel I was paid attention to and personally escorted to his table.

The other interesting occurrence was my asking the concierge for assistance with changing a flight. Helpful enough, but attitude was a bit cold. What was odd was that when Air China advised they could only accept China issued credit cards for the fee's, the hotel could not handle that for me. The man helping me offered to put it on his credit card, and I pay him the cash. How crazy is that ? This is a five start hotel, and they should be able to take care of that on behalf of a guest and either charge it to my room or collect the cash from me and just take care of the whole thing without the need for so much effort on my part. Last year at the Ritz, that's exactly what they did for me. They took care of it all, and came to my room to collect the cash.

Will I stay at the Westing BJ Financial Street again. Absolutely not. And I will avoid Westin in general when possible.

At the price I was charged for this room, I genuinely feel ripped off. Even at half the price, I'd give this room a pass. And I'd definitely give this hotel a pass.

Room Tip: Dont book this place at the last minute, as at full price it's simply not worth it. Booked earl...
3  Thank larrybud
TheWestinBeijingFS, General Manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Larrybud,

Thank you for the time afforded me this afternoon for a chat. It was very much appreciated.

I am also grateful to you for taking the time to let us know of our shortcomings in such a detailed and constructive manner. Thank you.

As I mentioned, it is not my intention to comment on each individual point raised, but suffice it to say we erred extremely badly on the occasion of your stay, and I would extend my sincere apologies for the obvious frustration and discomfort you experienced. Rest assured a full in-house investigation has been conducted, and I would ask that you please accept this as an isolated experience, and not the norm from what one can usually expect from a 5 star hotel.

As also discussed, I would be very grateful if, when next thinking of travelling to Beijing, you or your secretary contact me directly in order to make the necessary arrangements. By so doing, perhaps we can redeem ourselves and restore your faith in Westin Beijing Financial Street.

I certainly look forward to that possibility, and to be in a position to apologise to you personally on welcoming you.

Kind Regards,