On a trip with Viking Tours, I was randomly assigned to the Westin. The location lacks ambiance, but the interior delights on every level. It is relatively close to Tiana-an Men Square and Forbidden City, the two must-see attractions within the city. I typically avoid eating in hotels, but the main restaurant gives an extraordinary breakfast buffet and an even more remarkable dinner buffet. The night I went, the white tuna sushi was succulent, as were the several pieces of sea bass cooked to order. The Westin did a great job of westernizing the food and letting me know at the same time how far from home I had strayed.
If you are looking for a quaint place with plenty of old character, this one wouldn't work. In this case, it was just fine.
Though it is unrelated to the restaurant, I strongly advise going in October. It is colder, but the chances of blue skies are far more likely than in May, and a trip down the Yangtze likely would be far more stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the midst of the capital’s financial district with access to major corporate headquarters, the hotel is just minutes from cultural icons such as The Forbidden City as well as Beijing’s finest shopping and entertainment districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Beijing Financial Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beijing Financial Street Hotel Beijing
- Westin Beijing Financial Street
- Beijing Westin
- Westin Hotel Beijing