Overall, this hotel lives up to its five star rating. We spent three nights here as my wife and I kicked off our China tour. Service is excellent with greeters to always meet you as you enter the lobby. The desk clerk was very courteous and patient as I struggled to exchange money - be aware that the Bank of China will not except folded, torn or dirty bills. (Of course, the stuff they give you in exchange looks like the dog chewed on it.) The pool boy went out of his way to explain the lockers and show me around; and most of the time someone was standing by to help with the elevators. Our room was made up in an expiditious and unobtrusive manner and was always very clean. There were no worn carpets or stains anywhere.
I demand two simple things from a hotel, whether it is a Ritz-Carlton or a Motel 6: hot water for my shower and absolute quiet. In this case the hot water was available in abundance and the room was deathly quiet - with the exception noted below.
As for the rough edges:
- Our shower door leaked. Not only did this make a big mess, but the resulting wet bathroom floor was a slip hazard.
- One night I was awakened by loud shouting and slamming outside my window. I assumed it was a couple of drunks, but looking outside it appeared to be hotel employees moving either laundry or dishes from the hotel to trucks. Why this task was undertaking at 3AM and so loudly is beyond me. It took two calls to resolve the issue - or maybe they just finished the job finally. Anyway, not what I would expect from a hotel of this caliber.
But overall, our stay was pleasent and a good introduction to the country of China. I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary design of glass and chrome defines the exterior of The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street, while inside, one of the most architecturally-stunning luxury hotels in Beijing, China exudes elegance and warmth in true Feng Shui fashion. Three exceptional restaurants, a 1,500-square-meter health club and Spa, and state-of-the-art event venues make this hotel a favorite of Beijing-bound business and leisure travelers alike. Forbes Travel Guide unveiled its annual Star Rating list and announced The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street as a new Forbes Travel Guide Five- Star Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Beijing