“A true 5 star, Excellent”

The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street
Ranked #15 of 6,599 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A truly luxurious experience. Great lobby, check in was a bit slow but reception staff quite pleasant. The room was perfect : luxurious, spacious, clean, glassed wall with a nice view of the city. The bathroom was even better: shower, bath and separate room for toilets, great amenities, very very spacious . The kind of room that makes you want to prolong your stay. A true 5 star. Had dinner at the excellent Chinese restaurant of the hotel, and a quick enjoyable dinner on the small restaurant next to the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here as part of a group on the Viking River Cruises Imperial Jewels of China tour/cruise (Yangtze River). We were warmly welcomed at 1:00 a.m. and shown to our room which was a large one on the 17th floor. The room was well appointed with marble in the bathroom and two large queen or double beds. The beds were comfortable and everything you could possibly need was provided. We had a wonderful experience with the hotel restaurant Green Fish. I had a conversation about the Black Sesame Kitchen (a cooking school and restaurant which offers private dinners) with the executive chef and he went out of his way to be welcoming and helpful to me. I am a bit of a foodie and he made sure I met the pastry chef Simon who produced some of the best pastries we had in China. The food on the breakfast and dinner buffets was abundant, fresh, and well prepared. We had an issue with the hotel's staff using the club above our room at 1 and 2 a.m. as a break room--moving chairs on the hardwood floor and watching TV at full volume. I couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from but another incident on the same floor as us allowed me to pinpoint the noise as coming from above--unfortunately not until our 3rd night. While I was not impressed by the response from the night desk of milk or juice for my troubles, after reporting the problem to our tour guide, I was gratified to find that we had been upgraded to a 40th floor suite at the Ritz-Carlton Portman in Shanghai which was a pleasant way to end our tour and more than recompensed my lack of sleep in Beijing. I would recommend staying here--just make sure your room isn't under the club. While others have complained about the location of the hotel, we were able to take taxis to places we wanted to visit or of course had the resources of our tour company at other times. There is a TGIF nearby if you are missing western food--at this point in our trip we were not!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. One of the best Ritz proprieties. Will go back to this one. Must use the SPA... and the breakfast no words can express how great the selection with high quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The great service started from the moment I exited Capital airport to find an attentive hotel driver waiting. Quickly (oxymoron in Beijing) we were off to the downtown hotel. The ride was approximately 30 minutes. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the hotel general manager and his staff. It was quite a welcoming. They all escorted me into an elevator and up to my room. A tour of my room and the amenities was provided and then check-in occurred in my room. I thought it was a nice touch rather than the standard Check-in desk.

As I was hungry i headed down to the casual restaurant where I was presented both an a la carte menu as well as a tremendous buffet. I was welcomed after sitting by the hotel executive chef who offered to prepare anything i desired. As I was craving western food after having been in China for a while, I decided that since I was in Beijing, I would let him surprise me. And surprise me he did. He brought out one of the best noodle dishes with seafood ever. His staff and culinary team were tremendous all throughout the trip. I dined in that restaurant a few other meals as well as in-room dining and found the quality, freshness and service top notch.

I spent a few hours one evening in the lobby bar. THere is a gentle band playing music while staff attend to tables (take advantage of the 2 for 1 happy hour cocktails).

The executive lounge was impressive. The food presentations, service and "whatever you need" attitude was appreciated. There is a fair combination of hot and cold items representing east and west. There is an open bar with all your premium brands as well as wine/beer. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't out and you wanted it, they would magically find it......

The room I had was overlooking the park. The area is a business area. It starts bustling early morning and by 6 pm is empty. There is a luxury high-end shopping mall across the street that gets foot traffic but NEVER saw anyone buy anything (the mall is connected via indoor corridor to hotel).

The location of the hotel is in financial street. It is a 15+ minute taxi ride to any of the sights. The nearest tourist attractions are the Square and Forbidden City. The hotel concierge did enlighten me to the fact that there is a free-shuttle bus that picks up at the subway station and drives around financial street (dropping off right outside the mall). Look into this option as the subway is VERY easy to navigate and 2 RMB.

Overall I will return to this hotel. I travel around the world. This hotel is top notch and the staff (starting from the top) make it so.

Room Tip: all seemed good; large, modern with giant bathrooms......
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Plane was late but hotel pick up service was great and a quick trip to the hotel arriving around 1am. Staff friendly and still happy to look after me. Rooms are clean, tidy and impressive with in room facilities very good. Used conference facilities all day and very professional and user friendly.

Recommend as a gat place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed at the Ritz a couple of times now and on both occasions the staff were incredibly friendly/helpful.

The room is very much standard for the Ritz brand, quality bed and furnishings.

Room service was prompt with food very tasty.

Good location for the financial district but on the edge of things if you want to visit the sights. They run a free shuttle service around the financial district which is handy during the winter when it's very cold.

The Italian restaurant was really nice but not very big so you may need to book to ensure a table.

Certainly my hotel of choice when staying in Beijing on business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel only if you travel for business. This hotel is far away from most of the tourist destinations and local restaurants, shops etc. Hotel service, room and cleaniness is up to ritz standard however I found that the breakfast buffet is a bit disappointed with limited choices. I would not recommend the Chinese restaurant within the hotel as the food are only on average, not up to a five star hotel restaurant standard.

My colleague also complianted about the shower gel and shampoo are not refilled during the room cleaning.

Overall, still a good business hotel if you work in financial street.

• Stayed: January 2013