“Top End Property and Staff”

The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street
Ranked #13 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. One of the best Ritz proprieties. Will go back to this one. Must use the SPA... and the breakfast no words can express how great the selection with high quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The great service started from the moment I exited Capital airport to find an attentive hotel driver waiting. Quickly (oxymoron in Beijing) we were off to the downtown hotel. The ride was approximately 30 minutes. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the hotel general manager and his staff. It was quite a welcoming. They all escorted me into an elevator and up to my room. A tour of my room and the amenities was provided and then check-in occurred in my room. I thought it was a nice touch rather than the standard Check-in desk.

As I was hungry i headed down to the casual restaurant where I was presented both an a la carte menu as well as a tremendous buffet. I was welcomed after sitting by the hotel executive chef who offered to prepare anything i desired. As I was craving western food after having been in China for a while, I decided that since I was in Beijing, I would let him surprise me. And surprise me he did. He brought out one of the best noodle dishes with seafood ever. His staff and culinary team were tremendous all throughout the trip. I dined in that restaurant a few other meals as well as in-room dining and found the quality, freshness and service top notch.

I spent a few hours one evening in the lobby bar. THere is a gentle band playing music while staff attend to tables (take advantage of the 2 for 1 happy hour cocktails).

The executive lounge was impressive. The food presentations, service and "whatever you need" attitude was appreciated. There is a fair combination of hot and cold items representing east and west. There is an open bar with all your premium brands as well as wine/beer. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't out and you wanted it, they would magically find it......

The room I had was overlooking the park. The area is a business area. It starts bustling early morning and by 6 pm is empty. There is a luxury high-end shopping mall across the street that gets foot traffic but NEVER saw anyone buy anything (the mall is connected via indoor corridor to hotel).

The location of the hotel is in financial street. It is a 15+ minute taxi ride to any of the sights. The nearest tourist attractions are the Square and Forbidden City. The hotel concierge did enlighten me to the fact that there is a free-shuttle bus that picks up at the subway station and drives around financial street (dropping off right outside the mall). Look into this option as the subway is VERY easy to navigate and 2 RMB.

Overall I will return to this hotel. I travel around the world. This hotel is top notch and the staff (starting from the top) make it so.

Room Tip: all seemed good; large, modern with giant bathrooms......
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Plane was late but hotel pick up service was great and a quick trip to the hotel arriving around 1am. Staff friendly and still happy to look after me. Rooms are clean, tidy and impressive with in room facilities very good. Used conference facilities all day and very professional and user friendly.

Recommend as a gat place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed at the Ritz a couple of times now and on both occasions the staff were incredibly friendly/helpful.

The room is very much standard for the Ritz brand, quality bed and furnishings.

Room service was prompt with food very tasty.

Good location for the financial district but on the edge of things if you want to visit the sights. They run a free shuttle service around the financial district which is handy during the winter when it's very cold.

The Italian restaurant was really nice but not very big so you may need to book to ensure a table.

Certainly my hotel of choice when staying in Beijing on business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel only if you travel for business. This hotel is far away from most of the tourist destinations and local restaurants, shops etc. Hotel service, room and cleaniness is up to ritz standard however I found that the breakfast buffet is a bit disappointed with limited choices. I would not recommend the Chinese restaurant within the hotel as the food are only on average, not up to a five star hotel restaurant standard.

My colleague also complianted about the shower gel and shampoo are not refilled during the room cleaning.

Overall, still a good business hotel if you work in financial street.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank freetravellover
Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was a pleasant stay at this small Ritz Carlton property. Facilities and rooms were top grade. Service in general was good. I will only recommend this hotel if you are on business visiting the near-by vicinity. Otherwise this hotel is quite far from the rest of Beijing especially the tourist attractions. The options of good restaurants within walking vicinity are quite poor which means you need to travel 10 miles out if you want some serious good food.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a nice Ritz, although perhaps not completely central if you are not there for business. The staff is very attentive and eager to please, but we did have a few issues. We had a loud noise in our bathroom that began late in the evening, but a quick call and housekeeping was able to fix it within 30 minutes. We ordered a car to take us the airport the night before, but the next morning, they had no reservation and had to scramble to arrange something. We went one night to the Chinese restaurant, where we were told there was no availability but to go anyway and see if they could seat us. When we arrived, the restaurant was almost empty, but there were two tables that had not been cleared and were filled with dishes. Plenty of seats, but we were put off by the dirty tables and overall atmosphere, so we ordered room service instead, which was good.
Overall, I love the Ritz brand, and I think this hotel tries to really live up, with staff that really cares about your experience, but it falls a bit short. A part of our problem also stemmed from the language, which we try not to expect an English-speaking world, but the language level at the Ritz was lower than we expected, and we often had communication problems.
With this said, though, it is still a lovely hotel and the staff really tries. I would just go prepared to face some obstacles, but know that they will work hard to resolve them for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple