“Ritz Carlton excellence again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing

The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing
Ranked #9 of 5,937 Hotels in Beijing
Adelaide, Australia
“Ritz Carlton excellence again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Thank you to all the hotel for an exceptional three days; the last days of a month long holiday.

The service excellence of RC continues. I would like to especially mention the staff in the executive lounge - very, very professional, thank you.

Our suite was beautifully furnished, well appointed and very comfortable

The hotel was a perfect location for us with three busy days of sight seeing - no accessibility problems and not as much noise as we have experiences at other Beijing hotels.

My only negative feedback is for the management and staff of the Italian restaurant - as diners we felt the staff were HOVERING around our table far too much. We were far too aware of their attention and stares. Over service can be as bad as poor service and this was not a good experience.

Again - congratulations to this property and to the Ritz Carlton chain - excellent

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank docfeedback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Santa Fe NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed for three nights at this impeccable high end hotel.
The service and food at the hotel were all top quality.
The location was good. The traffic in Beijing makes it difficult to get around easily.
We highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Beijing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Even though the interior is not my style the overall experience was very good. I strongly suggest to visit the spa and get a signature treatment. For Dinner I have actually preferred the Marriott next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Once upon a time I lived in Beijing long-term, and this was one of my favourite hotels. I have used their services extensively:

- Hotel Look and Feel: Its a smaller boutique hotel compared to its sister hotel, the Marriott, next door. Upon walking into the reception, you immediately feel the exclusivity. The lobby decor is sumptuous, but not in a tacky way. Carpets are very thick and luxuriant. Staff are very attentive.

- Spa/Pool/Gym: I was a long term member of their fittness club. The pool is decorated like a high-end Roman bath, and I felt like Cleopatra everytime I popped in for a swim. Thick towels are available for guest usage, and the city views from the pool are lovely. Best of all, since it is a pricey hotel, there's hardly any people. The marble Spa has sauna, steam and jacuzzi, so its very relaxing after a long day. The fitness room is a little small with basic equipment, but it was always empty. There's a fitness instructor on standby everyday .

- F&B:
- The BAR: With its heavy oak finish, velvet couches and 'old boys' ambience, I liked it a lot. The selection of wine and cocktails are decent. The servers were always attentive. The LOUNGE is decked 'English manor style' and their Caesar Salad tasted very farm fresh and crispy. The dinner buffets at AROMA is high quality and delicious. Their bread and butter pudding made me very nostalgic

- Rooms: Needless to say, you get what you pay for. Their hotel rooms reminds me of 'The' Penninsula' in Hong Kong.

Overall, I love everything about the hotel. Yes, its really pricey, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Judy C
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed an extra night as part of a 15 day Uniworld trip throughout China. Uniworld usually picks great hotels, and this was certainly one of them. We particularly enjoyed having high tea in a wonderful, living room-like setting off the main lobby. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have never been disappointed at a Ritz Carlton and this was no exception. Their attention to detail is the best in the business. The ambiance, the flowers in the lobby, the rooms, the staff, the spa, the health club, and the dining options were all super. We arrived early in the day and our room was not ready but they offered to let us use a another room to rest. When we travel we usually stay in small local places but if one is going to stay in chain, this is the one to use. Even the location, in the middle of downtown was convenient to other attractions and a local market which is worth a visit. The only caveat I would offer is that if one is not on a tour, arrange your own day trips using Frommers as a guide. Having the well meaning concierge act as an intermediary only complicates things. I had a nice conversation with one of the assistant managers and that night she left me a note and a tiny panda which I unpacked at each subsequent stop.

Room Tip: I do not think you can have a bad room at the Ritz but if there is a problem you can be sure that th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Davidsonville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and decided to take an extra day to take a tour of the Great Wall. I asked the hotel to arrange the tour for me, figuring that the Ritz would put its guests on really nice tours. I should have realized when they told me that the price was only about $60 for a full day with meals, that the tour would not be very nice. It turned out to be a Chinese government state run tour. The van picked me up in the morning and picked up some travlers at other hotels as well. The tour guide mumbled through the same speech she must give to tourists each and every day, with zero enthusiasm or interest. Our first stop was a state-run jade factory. We were taken out of the van and marched through the factory where we saw a few artisans at work and then ended up in a huge room with very pushy sales staff. I ended up buying a few over-priced items that I probably could have gotten in an outdoor market for 1/4 the price. As soon as the purchases were completed, we were marched back to the van. After about an hour in the van, we reached the Great Wall. Of course, it was amazing and beautiful, but also completely packed with tourists. After a 1 hour stop at the Wall, the next stop was lunch at a state run "restaurant." We pulled up to an enormous building with dozens of tour buses out front. Our guide said that it was her lunch break so we should just go inside and eat. The bathrooms were holes in the ground (although a very nice bathroom attendant did show me the way to the one, hidden, normal bathroom). Lunch was terrible. We were each allocated one tiny glass with one drink. Again, I was able to find a way to pay for extras, but it wasn't easy. This was followed by more forced shopping and an afternoon of site-seeing in much the same fashion as the morning. One would think that the Ritz would put together something better for its guests, but I guess the vestiges of Communism remain, even for guests of the Ritz.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business