Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,573 results
All reviews aroma restaurant the club lounge jw marriott next door ladies and gentlemen guest relations the entire staff the general manager front office shopping mall business district rooms are spacious concierge desk chinese food forbidden city barolo rc bonnie
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed in this hotel twice on business, because it is close to my meeting location. Its a nice hotel. Both times the room was nice, modern and spacious. I had meals at the Italian restaurant in the lobby, which is really good. The breakfast buffet had very few selections, which is unusual for an asian hotel. The gym is also very good, with sufficient number and type of exercise equipments. The hotel is connected to a very upscale shopping mall. The staff were friendly every time. Once inside, it does not look like a usual Ritz Carlton, which is interesting!
There is a Starbucks across the street, for those who like large cups of coffee.

Date of stay: March 2011
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel provides you a 5 star experience. They have a very unique way of approaching things. I had booked the hotel cab for my transport from the Airport. From the moment i got down from the airport till i reached the hotel, there was a member from the hotel who assisted me. The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect for any business visit. Located @ the financial street it also has a good view from rooms. The rooms are stylishly decorated. Everything about the room was fantastic. The Aroma restaurant had such a huge choice for food, I was completely lost. The food quality and taste was good. The rooms are huge and spacious. They have 42’inch LCD which adds the touch to the room. If you want to relax after a hectic day just unwind yourself in the room. The swimming pool is located @ 17th floor giving the guest a pleasure for swimming. They also have a spa which is thoughtfully decorated. The hotel is surrounded my shopping malls. The staffs here are very friendly and courteous. They take so many steps to ensure the stay of the guest is pleasant. During my stay the hotel staff also helped me to go around the city and visit some places. The hotel also provides shuttle service to one of the main shopping malls in Beijing, not only the staffs also give you tips on places you can bargain and shop. I would say without that I wouldn’t have been able to shop. They also guide and tell you the places of interest. Also the hotel is located near the subway station where a person can take a subway and visit forbidden kingdom. This is a tourist place where one can go. It is best to take subway so that you can beat the traffic in Beijing.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Angel_Traveler444
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I just checked out after a 3 night stay. This was my 3rd trip to Beijing, first time at the Ritz Carlton.

While I am sure this is not the top of the line in the chain, it was more than fine. As others have mentioned, the lobby is small but well done.

Our room was large and very comfortable, with a huge and well appointed bathroom.

Tom at the concierge desk is a gem. Last night we wanted Peking Duck. Our guide had recommended a restaurant. Tom called to book a table, but it was fully booked. He made a couple of calls and found us a table at Duck de Chine. He told us this is a new branch and was in the middle of a soft opening. OK, sure, we can try it. But at 6 PM it was impossible to get a taxi. The hotel has a shutle that leaves at 6:15 for a different area of the city (sorry, I do not recall which area). But no one had booked it, so he directed the driver to take us to the restaurant. Good job, Tom! And by the way the restaurant was excellent.

The only negative comment I can make about the hotel is the breakfast. There is a wide selction, but I thought the food was only good. Not outstanding. Not much of a negative.

All in all I was very, very satisfied with my stay, and if i ever return to Beijing I would consider staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mw147
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We had a very nice weekend in the hotel. The room and bathroom had a decent size and well equipped and maintained as it can be expected by a top 5 star hotel. The spa area has been very nice, well maintained and the service outstanding. The gym has been mid size but equipped with very good machines and well serviced. The breakfast buffet offered decent choice but did not exceed expectations. The service from the front desk and concierges has been outstanding.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hstone5
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This hotel is not even 5 years old, however the exterior is already very poor. The construction of the exterior is questionable and of really bad quality. The interior of the hotel is still holding well, but due to the overall condition of this hotel (including its exterior), I would not call a true Ritz Carlton hotel. Apparently management thinks that guests will experience only the interiors of the hotel, and few - if any - pay attention to the exterior conditions. This is not true.

If you go on the 17th floor, there is a gym/pool/spa, there are some small balconies there that you can walk outside and have a close view of the hotel's exterior. I was shocked to see the poor construction, dilapidated walls, unfinished details, very low quality finishing in the details in this building. There was even a dirty mop abandoned on the stairs in the balcony, in the pool section. How can you call this a luxury 5 star hotel?

Apparently, whoever built the hotel, did not pay attention on the overall quality and the details. The interior of the hotel is ok, however even there one can spot symptoms of a poor construction quality,

There are many other hotels in Beijing that are maintained much better.

• Trip type: Traveled solo