“Delayed review, but wonderful experience”

Park Plaza Wangfujing
Ranked #24 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delayed review, but wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am. Of sure what people expect, but this hotel met all my expectations. The room was very clean and the bath area was western. Those who have traveled in China know what I mean. The restaurant has a wonderful breakfast buffet that wan included I our rate. There was a full range of wonderful pastries, eggs etc. the first night we had dinner in this restaurant. They had hamburgers and other western dishes. However, we were in China and wanted to experience native dishes. They were delicious and reasonably priced. That night we had wine at the wine bar. The selection was good and again reasonably priced.

The concierge emailed postcards for us and they arrived. I wouldn't blame the hotel for the late delivery.

I highly recommend this hotel for central location, shopping and sightseeing access. Great Peking duct across the street and wonderful local restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brn2trvl2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Horseshoe Valley, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while in Beijing and found it and the staff to be amazing. Our every need was taken care of by the polite and professional staff which by the way speak great English. The rooms are clean and modern. The food in Bloo is very good as well.
The hotel's location is perfect as you are within walking distance to many historical locations and a short subway or taxi ride to many others.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel that is not over priced in Beijing.
Thank-you to all staff at the hotel for making or stay that much better.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Curse68
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Travelled to Beijing in October'13 and slightly delayed in writing this review. But even after all these months the 3 nights 4 day stay at Park Plaza remains as a very pleasant memory because of the comfortable stay we had.

We were recommended to Park Plaza by a friend who had been living in Beijing for over a year and had previously also recommended her friends to the property and everyone had had fantastic things to say after they stayed here. We were no exception and were pleasantly happy to note that all the very positive comments here are actually true.

The hotel is extremely well located with the metro a 2 min walk and even the Forbidden City was a 15 min walk away. The hotel was exceptionally pleasant and welcoming. They upgraded our room to suite when they realized we were 3 friends sharing a room and a marginal increase in cost even offered us the breakfast buffet. The staff is all english speaking and the front desk even helped us plan our daily itineraries, pointing us in how best to use the public transport etc. We booked the trip to the Great Wall with the hotel and the arrangements made were excellent.

The deluxe suite rooms were wonderfully big for a China hotel room which i was told are typically smaller.

Highly recommended. If the places meet your budget you should just book it, and even if it is slightly above (like in our case) the location and staff make up for it.

oh! and almost forgot to mention - I had left my camera by mistake in the room. And after a good 4 days of returning home realized it was missing. Only praying that I did not loose it in the Beijing airport because they ask you to separate all contents of your bag during security check, i wrote to the hotel duty manager with very limited hope of finding it. I got a reply within 10 mins of sending a mail that they had infact found a camera in our room and had kept it in safe keeping. Luckily a friend was travelling within the next 10 days and I had it picked up.

Room Tip: Check at the time of booking if they have any promotion to bump you to a bigger room. Might be depen...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Saiboi
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

The only thing I liked about this hotel was the rooms and the amenties it provided for customers. I don't think the service was that great or neither the location is also that great either.
Initially the service was quite good as the front staff knows how to speak english and we were welcomed with compliementary drinks.

When we checked in we were greeted promptly and was offered to have breakfast and room upgrade for a certain price. So they took a deposit. but I had already paid in full for nights of stay.

When we checked out they also charge another amount on top of what i had already paid. So in total I paid about $900 AUD for 3 nights stay including breakfast for only 2 days. Which doesnt sound right. When I asked if this was correct the girl abruptly said yes but it looked like I just woke her up considering we were checking out at like 4am in the morning!

Anyway after numerous emails back and forth they admitted that they did charge me incorrectly and I am now still awaiting for my refund!

Their dining and laundry services are expensive. But too bad they don';t speak much english in those departments which makes it very difficult to communicate.

The hotel is not really close to tianamen sqaure. I mean walking around 20 mins in -7 degrees is not really convenient is it?

All I can say is that the rooms are clean and well organized with really good amenties provided. But that's it. Nothing else.

Room Tip: Try to get a free upgrade
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BubuCake
Helen H, Manager at Park Plaza Wangfujing, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for staying at Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and taking the time to write your overall staying experience. We are pleased to learn you are satisfied with your room and amenities, and apologize for the inconvenience might caused to you. After a thorough investigation of your comment, I believe we have been in contact last week regarding the issue, the extra deposit obtained from your credit card will charge back to your back account in 2 or 3 days. Based on our communication, the recovery action taken was up to your satisfactory. Once again, please accept my apologize for the inconvenience caused and we are looking forward to your next return.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed at this property at least a dozen times. I like it because it is not an over stated property. It is my home for every trip to Beijing. It is walking distance to many good restaurants and only 35 minutes to the airport. The staff is never without a smile and the service is excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at the Park Plaza in late December 2013 for 4 nights.

After a plane delay of 10+ hours we arrived at the Park Plaza in the wee hours of the morning, and were instantly greeted by the friendly and helpful staff (noting that this was around 3am so a truly impressive effort to be so cheery at that time of the morning). At check-in we decided to upgrade our booking from a Club Plaza Room to an Executive Suite This proved to be a great decision as the Suite offered a spacious King-sized room, a large living area, and an additional washroom (toilet and vanity). The extra space meant our young daughter did not need to share a bed with us and slept comfortably on the fold-out sofa. It also meant we had enough room to easily and effectively store our excessive amount of luggage (3 large suitcases + numerous other carry bags).

Unfortunately for me I became ill shortly after arriving so spent my first day in Beijing bed-ridden, but what a bed to become bed-ridden in! In fact not only was the bed incredibly comfortable but at one point - when I decided it was just easier to sleep on the bathroom floor - I found that really comfortable too (ok, that was a joke - I don't recommend sleeping on the bathroom floor - but if you must sleep on one this is definitely the place to do it - the bathroom is incredibly clean and the coldness of the marble tiling does wonders for fevers).

Our accommodation package included both a breakfast buffet and high tea/happy hour in the late afternoon, with both sittings offering a delicious and varied selection of international foods and beverages.

I am not familiar with Beijing enough to specifically comment on the Hotel's location, but there are a number of restaurants directly across the road from the Hotel + a Starbucks for those of you who cant live without your daily Frappuccino. There is also a night market and shopping mall which seem to be in close proximity.

I can't fault this Hotel and will definitely stay here again if I return to Beijing.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend the Executive Suite if you want a bit more space.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

The best thing about his hotel is its location. It is located within 5-7 mins walk from Wangfujing and 2 mins walk from the MTR (which is useful as most attractions in beijing can be accessed via the MTR). Taxi drivers are more familiar with "Li Jing" (Regent hotel) which is just beside Park Plaza. In the unfortunate event that you forgot to bring the hotel name card, just remember "Li Jing".

The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. Staff was cordial and efficient. Unless a better and cheaper hotel props up within the vicinity, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family