Park Plaza Wangfujing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$227
$120
$94
Agoda.com
3,035 results
All reviewsjinbao towerforbidden cityclub roomsubway stationwalking distanceminute walknight marketexit cexcellent locationbreakfast and happy hourconcierge staffbreakfast buffetan upgradestayed here for nightscentral locationtaxi driversuperior room
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel is located near most things you would want to see in Beijing as a tourist. Additionally, the train station is right around the corner. I think the pictures make it look a little more glamorous and updated than it is. But, the rooms are clean and quiet. The amenities in the rooms are great (toothbrushes, comb, sewing kit). There are new treats in your room every day. The staff seems to all speak English and is very pleasant - more so than any other Chinese hotel I have stayed at - so they are very good. The breakfast is average for Chinese hotels catering to business travelers. It is fantastic if you are only used to American buffets. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank localbeans
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days, upgrading to the clubroom was a good choice. The breakfast buffet was good, very good choice of fresh fruits. The rooms were very clean and the location was perfect. We pretty much used the subway to get around Beijing and it worked out perfect.

Room Tip: Starbucks right in front of the hotel, Dengshikou station right behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently stayed 8 nights after finding a great rate at Travelocity and I am very glad I chose this hotel. First the guest service was top notch, pretty much every employee I encountered spoke very good English and had a strong guest first attitude. I ate the breakfast almost every morning and it seems they rotate most items on a 4 day cycle. Every thing I ate was fresh, hot, and tasty. I did get the club upgrade but since I was traveling alone I found it wasn't a good choice, although it was nice being able to take advantage of happy hour from 530pm-730pm on a few evenings. The room was decent size, non smoking king, firm mattress (which I like) and a big bathroom. I found the room to be modern with no need for updating. TV had 6-7 English channels ranging from ESPN(hope you like soccer), to CNN, CNBC, and Cinemax. As mentioned by most other reviews this hotel is very centrally located with a subway station out back and walking distance to Wangfujing street(got my western food fix at Dairy Queen in 6th floor of mall with apple store). Spent a considerable amount of time looking for a hotel in Beijing and and very satisfied with my choice. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Birddude21
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel was great-good service with staff who were patient and spoke english well. The club level included happy hour drinks and light snacks and the breakfast was large, offering local and international breakfast options. We enjoyed our tea upon arrival and throughout our stay. We walked to Dadong for our duck dinner after our concierge made us a reservation-wonderful. Walking to Forbidden City was 20-30 minutes. Starbucks across the street. The concierge also arranged our train tickets to Shanghai.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights as a base to explore Beijing. Firstly the location was great an we could easily walk to the Forbidden City and a number of other landmarks. There is a train station under the Regent hotel which is right next door. We stayed in a suite as we have 3 children and were able to use a baby cot at no extra charge. The suite has a separate living area with a door so can be closed off from the bedroom. The living area also has a single fold out bed. The breakfast was great with a wide selection and they even had a baby chair. We took advantage of the club privileges which included a 2 hour happy hour each day which included beers, spirits and snacks. The staff at the hotel were fabulous and very helpful when we required a taxi to assist communicating with the taxi drivers. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family