3,103 results
All reviewsjinbao towerforbidden citygreat hotelclub roomsubway stationwalking distanceminute walknight marketexit cexcellent locationbreakfast and happy hourconcierge staffbreakfast buffetan upgradecentral locationtaxi driversuperior room
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at Park Plaza. The location is excellent, walking distance to Wangfujin Shopping Street, a metro station next door. Service is good. They even sent me an email after I checked out to double check if they should keep a cap I left over in the room for me to pick up when next stay. The room is not spacious but comfy enough for a business trip. Gym is not great though. Value for money in general.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The accommodations were very nice in this hotel and the room was very clean. There is a Starbucks right next door which really came in handy for grabbing a breakfast sandwich and coffee before we started our day.

The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars is because I felt it was slightly over priced. The food, laundry and other services were outrageously priced even by U.S. standards. I don't mind paying for good service, but considering the cost of these services anywhere else in China it just made you feel like a sucker. Additionally, it's in a beautiful (but very expensive!!!!) part of town so you pay top dollar for anything in the area, so keep that in mind.

Last note has nothing to do with this hotel, but in the same plaza they have a Morton's and I want to warn any Morton's lover to avoid this restaurant. We have eaten in several Morton's in the U.S. and this was nothing like it,just terrible. We each ordered the filet and it was $100 each and completely inedible! We were so grossed out by the quality of the food and $450 later left starving. Avoid this restaurant if you stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The best thing is the price. I paid about $120 for a very nice room with king bed. I'll keep this short...the hotel is great. The staff are super. I love a hotel that not only respects a Do No Disturb sign but is very helpful in getting me new towels and soap when I come looking for it after telling them to leave me in peace. The rooms are very spacious and luxurious. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank mitchmurr
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have a lot of friends who choose this hotel when they come to Beijing . This hotel has very good location . 5 mins to the subway line 5 , 10 mins to wangfujing street , 5 mins to Jin bao place where you can find famous Da dong roast duck restaurant on 5th floor .but there's no swimming poor .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Beijingsusan
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a solid hotel for a reasonable price in a nice part of the town. Would definitely stay here again - my colleague and I chose this one to extend our stay after a work visit. I'd normally go for a more adventurous place and would have tried a Hutong, but having worked for an entire week, we chose to opt for a classy chain hotel. Clean and decent sized rooms, helpful and friendly staff.

Just some advice if this is your first trip to Beijing: I read somewhere in one of the reviews that a taxi from the airport is USD 100. This is WRONG. We had spoken with some Chinese colleagues before and new that the trip from the airport to the park plaza is around 100 yuan (~15 USD). Be aware of this, as the moment you step out of the airport, people would come up to you and tell you that it's 700 yuan (that's the max we were offered) or 300 yuan. Don't take these ones! Make sure you queue in the official line (if in doubt ask one of the girls at the information stand next to the taxi line to point out an official one to you) and take a taxi that has a meter !! We paid around 90 yuan all the way to the Park Plaza. Call the hotel before you arrive and ask them to send you the address in Chinese (have them take a picture of their business card.

Generally, while in Beijing, always make sure that the taxi has a meter. Despite being alert, we were scammed and lost 100 yuan (despite my previous experiences in other countries, I was not quite up to this one): Long story short, keep these things in mind:

(1) Be careful when you take taxis close to tourist attractions (Forbidden City, Silk Market, Pearl Market)- I guess this is a no brainer, but still.

(2) Make sure that the taxi has a meter (it starts at 13 yuan)

(3) Be suspicious if the taxi does not drive you right up to the entrance of the hotel - ours dropped us in front of the Regent, the Park Plaza is just behind the Regent. So we kind of thought it was ok, it is not!

(4) Remember what the note looks like which you hand to the driver. If he does not want to accept it (and it comes back with a missing corner or sth similar), be suspicious! Especially if he eventually accepts another note and hands you that one back.

(5) Always ask for a receipt and remember the taxi number!

(6) If things get heated (he refuses to drive you up to the hotel entrance, etc), I'd recommend preparing your camera silently in your purse and take a picture of the license plate the moment you get out.

I am not saying that all taxi drivers are dishonest, but there are a few bad seeds everywhere, so simply be prepared and keep these things in your mind

4  Thank Caro M