Xijiao Hotel Beijing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$228
$210
NewWorldHotels.com
Prime Hotel(Beijing)
$113
$80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

Book now, pay at stay
$144
$267
$212
Agoda.com
All reviewsconference facilitieshotel entranceuniversity districtpeking universityholiday innbreakfast buffet
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Dates of visit: 17 to 24 August 2012.
Good: Quiet location, wi-fi in room ok. A very good conference banquet meal was served.
Bad: "Executive Luxury Room" in Building 9 is definitely not 4-star or luxury, although it is reasonably spacious.
* The bed is rock-hard and uncomfortable. Hard beds seem to be standard in Asian hotels, but Western visitors expect softer inner-spring mattresses - these are standard in Western hotels, even in the cheapest.
* The bathroom is not clean, with mildew around all edges and noticeably smelling of mildew. The shower does not sprinkle correctly, but delivers a dribble of warm water instead. Shabby worn grey-ish towels.
* The sheets were not changed during the week I was there. The hotel would probably say that the guest should request a change of sheets, but in a 4-star hotel the sheets should be changed every second day, without the guest asking.
* The hotel charged me for sachets of instant coffee mix in the room, even though their web site advertised "Complimentary mineral water, tea and coffee". I notice that since I queried this charge they have changed the web blurb to omit the coffee, and it now reads "Complimentary mineral water and tea". The hotel management should note that coffee in-room is standard in Western hotels, even in the cheapest.
* No room service. No "do not disturb" sign provided.
* I sampled both the Western-style breakfast and the Chinese breakfast. Both were terrible. The only half-decent dish was a bland wonton soup.
* Conference lunch and dinner buffet meals were also terrible: tasteless mushy bony fish, too much monosodium glutamate in the food, no drinks except something called hawthorn juice in a dispenser.

The hotel has great potential, so I suggest that the managers and chefs take an educational trip to Australia or perhaps Dubai (which would be more affordable for them) to find out what a 4-star hotel should offer and how it should be run. Since in Xijiao Hotel there were a lot of uniformed employees standing around doing nothing - for example, there were no less than FOUR employees waiting at breakfast reception - I think they could do more useful and fulfilling jobs in assisting to run a better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Service is predictably Chinese - earnest, sincere and try hard. English skills are limited. Based on which building your room, your experience will vary. Large campus, restaurants are OK, not great. Better choices near the train station.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Value for youtube money. Near subway line 13. Quiet location. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my classmates last March 2008, I know this is too late to give a review but I would like to share my experience here.

The rooms are nice, our heater worked perfectly since it was really cold during March. Sleeping here was great. Service is quite good - whenever we would inform the lobby to give us a wake-up call, they would really do it.

The breakfast buffet is great, tons of choices.

There's an excellent Korean restaurant nearby (I'm not sure if it's still there) and a convenience store as well that sells Vanilla Coke!

The bathrooms are quite big and I also like the fact the you can just sit by the window and just look out feel the cold air.

There are also tons of stores and a mall nearby. There is also a train nearby too.

There is a computer but we were not informed that there is no memory disk or something in it. My friends and I put on some of our photos in the computer first since our memory card on our cameras didn't have enough space anymore. When we closed the down the computer and checked it again a few hours later, all of our files were gone.

However, I am not sure I will be staying at this hotel when I go to Beijing again, I am sure there are other hotels that offers better quality in an affordable price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank innasantiago
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife and I briefly visited this hotel in early November. It was a brief visit because although we were scheduled to stay 5 nights, we left without spending a night there. The hotel itself was OK - a rather run down enormous place with multiple buildings, but with better public areas. Our room however was dreadful - dirty, aged and smelly. We left for somewhere better!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business