HWA (Apartment) Hotel
$105
  • Room Service
$192
$168
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel is in a vibrant part of the city close to shops and restaurants both western as well as Chinese. The staff were extremely helpful, and several spoke good English. The apartments are clean and large and while the kitchens are fairly basic it was great for our family, and we could make our own breakfasts (helped by coffee from the nearby Costa cafe) and basic snack meals.
There is a slightly strange smell, but that was only in the corridors and the internal rooms are very quiet over looking a delightful garden. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank chinofile
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Well, the apartment is big. Not a lot of natural light but we were out all day! It is a very noisy neighborhood, bring ear plugs. Not very new, but ok. I would not like to cook my own meal in that kitchen but there are plenty of restaurants around. The subway is close which was very nice because all taxi drivers we used were anable to find the place, even using the hotel card. The price is very good for the space, so I was not expecting a palace, however the smell in the elevator, I was not expecting that either....we had to avoid breathing going up the 5th floor. It was that bad! Something like glue or varnish!
The staff...they prefer not to talk to you! Especially when there is a problem! When we checked in, he photocopied my Indonesian Visa instead of the Chinese one. He did not notice it until we tried to pick the luggage long after checking out. No apologized for the delay and we almost missed our flight! He avoided talking to me completely. He just had an angry face. Like if it was me who had made the mistake. I never being so angry in my life, I never being treated so badly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank CalireShanghai
Reviewed April 29, 2010

The room at this hotel was a great size. My wife and I are travelling just the two of us and the room was like an apartment with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a lounge area and a small kitchen. When we arrived the room was generally clean but the kitchen was dirty and the cupboards even contained food left from previous guests. When we complained the cleaner came and removed the food but didn't disinfect the area until we told her to. The reception staff weren't very helpful, often ignoring us to deal with Chinese speaking guests first.

The location was great but we were there during the October 1 holiday which meant we were restricted in where we could go on that day and were also woken up late the previous evening by reception calling our room to demand we close our balcony door. Given we hadn't even used the balcony in the previous six days it was quite annoying to be awoken.

Given how good the transport and subway systems are in Beijing, I'm sure you could get much better value a little further out of the city.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter R
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We took a business suite with 2 bedrooms, and was very happy with the room set-up. There is a small kitchen, a spacious living room which separates two bedrooms - one with a queen size bed, and the other with a single bed.

The queen size bedroom has an attached bathroom, while the other bathroom is in the living room. Overall we are very pleased with the space and privacy that the rooms accords. It is ideal for families. Another plus point is that it is located at a great shopping area, and just opposite Joy City, probably the newest and best mall in Beijing.

The best part of this is the price - great value for money compared to prices of other hotels. However, be aware this is a relatively small hotel, the small hotel entrance and small lobby is tucked away at the side of a shopping mall building - and will take first-timers some effort to locate.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family