Xinhai Jinjiang Hotel
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$228
$144
$267
$212
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Facilities and Rooms are great. Room are quite big for standard hotel rooms. Great swimming pool facilities. It has big cold water swimming pool and a smaller hot one one beside. Also has sauna facilities and a nice small gym.
Although the hotel building is not the newest, it has nothing to envy to other 4,5 to 5 stars hotels. You get much more for its price.
Great location, in the middle of Beijing. Two blocks to fussy Wangfujing area and five to the forbidden city East gate.
Stayed in my business trip for one month there! Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Alhena0
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have done a lot of traveling around the world and a three star hotel is usually my idea of "roughing it" - definitely not at this hotel though! I am glad to see that it is now classified as a 4 star hotel because, just three or so years ago, it was a three star hotel and I had no idea why.

Just to give you an idea of how much I adored this hotel.... I flew into Beijing at 8 pm and had mapped out how to get into the city from the airport. After taking the airport shuttle to downtown Beijing train station, I thought it would be extremely easy to just hop in a cab at the railway station and zip up to the hotel. Nope! Out of the dozens and dozens of cabs there, not one taxi driver would take me. Good thing that I had read my map of Beijing before landing and knew which direction to take.... so I started dragging my suitcase in above 30C heat and humidity towards the hotel. By the time I actually reached the hotel, after being accosted by a handful of helpful men on bikes ("No thank you. I already have booked a hotel..."), I managed to reach the pristine lobby of the hotel looking like a street urchin (sweaty body, dirty, hungry and evidently tired). I received a big wonderful smile from everyone at the front desk and they worked quickly at getting me up to my room. I reached the room, opened the door and was astounded by how gorgeous the room looked. I had booked a regular room and this felt like a suite! I was stunned.

On top of the beautiful room and the gorgeous view of the city, I was just a walk away from the People's Palace, the famous shopping district and Tiananmen Square. Stunning!

On top of that, I injured my foot the second day I was there and the hotel service was just beyond believe. I hobbled in, had front desk staff run out to help me and they even offered to go to a local pharmacy to get a "tensor bandage" (unfortunately, translating tensor bandage in Chinese meant receiving gauze bandage but I was still able to wrap it around some ice and my ankle). In all my travels, I had never received service like that.

I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. Despite the disappointments in Beijing (people out on the street tend to be extremely rude, lots of spitting, cab drivers won't stop for you, attraction sites have confusing "rules", etc.), as soon as I walked into the hotel, I found that it all melted away. I highly recommend this hotel while you stay in Beijing. Skip the 5-star hotels, save a little money and come here....they treat you like a 5-star guest anyway! :o)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in Oct 2011. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Our room is very spacious. Staffs are very efficient and helpful. We arrived at hotel at about 10 o'clock, preparing not be able to check in until afternoon, but the reception staff told us our room was just vacated, we could do the check in first and wait for a few minutes, the room should be ready. By the time we finished the check-in paperwork , the room was ready for us to go in! Very impressed.
The best part of this hotel is the location. You can walk or hob on a taxi for 10RMB (less than $2.00 )to Wangfujing (the most famous shopping centre in Beijing), Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. The subway station is also nearby. Walking around the hotel at night is both pleasant and safe.
Overall, we had very pleasant stay in this hotel, considering the price, it’s very good value for money. We have no hesitance to recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Our room and the hotel were astonishing! The rooms were spacious and the service was divine,

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed for 4 days in November 2010 to re-acclimate to China. Beijing is by far the most Western-style of all Chinese cities, so it provides a good departure point for moving out into other places. This is a very modern, attractive and clean hotel for the most part. The staff were helpful, but a little too formal for my taste. The breakfast buffet is among the best I've encountered anywhere, but I enjoyed being able to find great Chinese "street food" only a block away for my other meals (In contrast to many other Chinese hotel districts where street vendors have been tossed out to make room for more Starbucks and KFCs). The location is convenient to the embassy district, most businesses and the top cultural locations; taxis are always available and a subway stop is within walking distance

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo