“Good stay”

Ranked #116 of 6,450 Hotels in Beijing
Rome, Italy
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I've spent 3 nights at the Intercontinental Beijing and I can say the overall experience has been positive. Large room with a comfortable big enough and fully equipped barhroom. Very comfortable king size bed. The room was clean as well as the bathroom. Breakfast was wuperb combining both western and Chinese cuisine, and also one of the restaurant I had dinner was good enough and the service was accurate. TV channel selections could have been better, and Wi-Fi connection was a bit slow and, time by time connection was lost, but minor issues indeed. All staff (with the exception of room service staff) was able to speak a more than decent English. The Hotel is still in good conditions, but probably it will require some refurbishment in a few years.
Very close to the Financial district and the Metro station (line 2) at walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Alessandro I,

Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor and we are more than delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.

As you said, our hotel is situated at the gateway of Beijing's prestigious financial and business district, we enjoy a convenient transportation and superior geographical location. Should you stop by next visit, please do not hesitate to try our Crab feast at Monsoon Restaurant every Sunday, indulge yourself with wholesome international specialties.

Our IT team has taken on board your experiences in regards to the wifi connection service, we are sorry this experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back and let us serve you better.

Jenny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The hotel was selected due to proximity to the place where the business meeting had to take place. Check in took some time. I needed WiFi access and reception had this as an opportunity to sell me upgraded Club room (extra cost of 500 RMB a day). When I rejected they issued me a loyalty card that somehow gave me an opportunity to use WiFi for free.
Room was big however dashed. Staff told me that the hotel was built 9 years ago. All restaurants are located on the 5th floor and gym with the swimming pool on the 6th. Restaurants are pretty expensive and overpriced to the city level. Can’t say that I was impressed by the quality of food. Have fun to explain in English what you want. Very few staff members in the hotel can speak English. When I had an issue with my laundry it took me 10 minutes over the phone to explain it. Swimming pool is good and usually was not crowded. Gym has a lot of spare place and somewhat lacking an equipment (e.g. only one eclipse but plenty treadmills).
At checkout I have asked to bring my luggage down while I was having breakfast. Nobody bothered to do it so I had to remind it again at the reception.
Nothing to do in surrounding area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear MagusRU,

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Refer to the wifi service, normally, it’s chargeable, but our staff provided you with two options for you to choose, which is to freely join in our IHG Rewards Club, enjoy free wifi all over the IHG hotels worldwide or pay an extra RMB500 to have an upgrade to our Club Room, enjoy not only free wifi, but also quite a lot of Club Benefits, like complimentary breakfast, happy hour cocktail, enjoy coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits, snacks throughout the day, 1 hour free use our club meeting room per stay, etc. We appreciate your feedback such as the global language skills of some of our staff, our staff are encouraged to participate in the English training by English Expert which is held periodically and we will continue to improve staffs' English speaking level.

Last but not least, we will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for four nights for a business trip back in Nov.
It was freezing in Beijing back then and the heating in the hotel was poor. Maybe its because I'm not very used to the cold but it was indeed very cold for me in the hotel room every night.
The room is a bit dated but acceptable

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Joyceqbo,

Thank you for staying with us last winter and leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to hear that you felt cold during your last stay, our air-conditioning system can be adjusted, but if you are still not very used to the temperature, you may dial our instant service button and we will bring you an electric heater.

We truly appreciate your support as our guest, and look forward to welcoming you back again to enjoy more benefits soon!

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

So far I have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton and the Westin in the Financial Street area. Both those hotels usually are more expensive, and on this trip I did wish to pay such high pricing. I however needed to be in the Financial Street area, and chose the InterContinental. I was given a room on a club floor, which meant I had access to the lounge during the day.

The room was very comfortable, and spacious. Surprisingly large size bottles of shampoo and shower gel and plenty of nice heavy towels. Electrical outlets are multi-plug style, so any plug will fit. What was odd, was there were no notepads in the room, and just a angle pen. Plenty of water bottles were given.

The lounge is decent, but seems to only have food and drinks at certain hours. But it was a refreshing change for when I didn't feel like working and sitting alone in the room.

Staff are all very friendly and attentive to any needs or questions I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear larrybud,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments and in particular highlighting the service our staff provided, found the amenities we offer in our hotel of great value to you.

For the notepad that you mentioned, actually each of the room should have a notepad, sorry for our staff's neglect this time, we will get to improve. But we are glad to hear that you stayed at our Club floor this time and enjoyed Club Benefits, which includes Club Breakfast, afternoon Tea --served from 2:00 to 4:00pm daily, with a selection of cakes, sweets and fresh fruits, Cocktails from 5:00 to 8:00pm daily, offering a variety of snacks and beverages. Complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits are available throughout the day, etcs.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we do look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Barlaston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

By Intercontinental standards this hotel really does not quite cut it in my opinion...I had a 3 night stay in a twin bedded room with my son. Firstly the good points - in a great position for the banking / business area and a quick 5 / 10 minute walk to the Metro, so suitable for tourists also? The room was equipped with very comfy beds, nice linen, gowns, slippers and towels and good toiletries. Well equipped bathroom, plenty of hanging space and a good mini bar. Tea and coffee making facilities but no milk despite English breakfast tea sachets! Bad points - Overpriced bottles of water but 2 small bottles were left daily by housekeeping (you can take extras back up to your room after a swim...) Terrible view overlooking new construction but no noise thankfully. No pen / pencils in the desk or by the phone. Outrageous hourly rate for using wifi. Evening turndown service was a bit of a waste of time in my opinion - didn't actually do anything except literally turn down the covers! More water please, a book mark.... A big problem was the air con which could not be set lower than 24, so far too hot and sticky to sleep in. English is only spoken by the reception and concierge staff, not a problem for us but it would be for non mandarin speakers. Food! Great buffet breakfasts! A La Carte in the main restaurant was very average - 40 minutes wait for a pizza and somewhat sloppy service. The staff need to look around and clear tables and tidy up a bit more. The steak restaurant was dreadful! A nice cut of meat but massively overpriced and really poor value for money, so we skipped starters, puddings and coffee and ordered only 2 glasses of (overpriced) wine. The staff did not speak English. The place was virtually empty so no atmosphere at all. There was a great guy playing the piano and singing but in all honesty he was singing to himself! The pool - where to begin - nice and clean, great for lengths, nice loungers and towels but all ruined by a Chinese couple who quite happily let their child pee & poop in the grating! This wasn't seen by the staff so we had no choice to beat a hasty retreat. Absolutely disgusting, if staying in a decent hotel please learn how to behave in a civilised fashion. Unfortunately this often happens all over China once you move out Shanghai...I would not stay here again simply because I have too many gripes....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear CazRob,

Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts and concerns.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the service shortfalls experienced during your last stay with your son, we certainly take all of your comments very seriously and please rest assured that we are looking into the details, ensuring that we address and improve the necessary services to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.

Please allow me to explain some parts of your comments, we do provide free mineral water for all of our guests, 2 bottles each room upon arriving; you may dial the INSTANT SERVICE phone button for more. Other than that, we do provide imported brand mineral water for sale at each room, but it’s up to your choice. The temperature of the air condition that you mentioned actually can be set lower around 20℃, if you still feel hot, please contact us through INSTANT SERVICE, we may bring you some ice or fan if you need. Maybe you've not noticed that the pencil is in the drawer. The average check of our signature restaurant Steak Exchange Restaurant + Bar is around RMB400-500/person, it’s renowned as a haven for meat lovers and signature dessert. This award winning Restaurant + Bar features an interactive show kitchen and live entertainment. The finest chilled 250-day, grain-fed Australian Angus beef is charcoal grilled to perfection in its open kitchen. Wines from both the New and Old World are available to pair with food or just for enjoyment.

In a word, we would like invite you to contact us personally should you wish to further discuss any aspects of your stay further or indeed if I can be of any assistance in making a future booking. I am available by e-mail at jenny_ding@intercontifsbj.com.

We hope you’d give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Thank you!

Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

No problems with the room, the hotel or the staff. Very good English spoken throughout.
Handy for the business area but not for the tourist spots.
A relatively short walk to the underground puts you back on course though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Maybe16,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street during your trip to Beijing in this beautiful May.

We are so pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us.We strive to deliver exceptional service and are pleased to read that we have met this expectation.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experiences and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I always stay in this hotel when I came to Beijing for business trip. My meetings are with the financial institutions and most of them are located in this area. It takes 5~10 minutes to walk to my meetings. Besides the location, the room is large and the breakfast is really good!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear miucciasui,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Beijing Financial Street and taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We are more than pleased to hear that our hotel rooms, services leave you with good impressions. Our hotel is dedicated to delivering the personal, instinctive services to all the guests around the world.Your encouraging words of praise will be conveyed to the team respectively, who will take this as an inspiration.