“Nice Place”

Ranked #115 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Surrey, Canada
“Nice Place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first hotel in China after 24 hours of travel. So in a zombie state, I didn't notice much as I arrived. After waking from a long nap, I took a sober tour of the facilities. Very modern and clean. One breakfast was the only meal I had at this hotel, and it was very good, with a large selection. Other than having to pay for internet outside of the lobby, I couldn't find anything to complain about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Jack H,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your insights with our friends here.

With a passion for delighting our guests, it is always pleasing to hear of
such an enjoyable experience.

Kindly please note that the network covers throughout the hotel if your room including the internet service, but if it is outside hotel, the network signal will getting lower. BTW, we are highly recommend you to join our IHG Reward Club, it provides free internet to all IHG Rewards Club Elite members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for yet another Westin experience.

Jenny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I don't normally write hotel review like this but I think this is another way to share how confident I will be if I stay in this hotel. While I was writing the review of another hotel in Beijing, I remember this incident in last December, and this shows how big a gap can be on services, even though both hotels are labeled "Five-Stars".

It happened last December when we had an international meeting in Beijing. A friend of mine stayed in this hotel and invited me to the Priority Club Lounge to have a coordination meeting. Being a Priority Club member, I have stayed in the IC hotels before but I have never been to the one at Financial Street in Beijing. Before we went to the Lounge, I decided to check out the rooms and amenities and, indeed, they all meet the usual ICH's standard. The Lounge is also well-stocked with libations. The ambient is great, too.

So, what's the incident prompts me to consider this ICH is great and deserve the Five-Stars rating?

I did say it was in December, right? It was a snowy day in Beijing. For those of you, who had been in Beijing lately, you know it is impossible to get a taxi when it snows. After the meeting, a friend of mine were trying to get a taxi back to our meeting hotel. We waited for half an hour without any luck. I went outside and checked (I speak Mandarin) with a young hotel staff about where I might get a taxi if I walked to the outside street. While he was eagerly showed me I could go to the corner of the Ring Road ad the local street, the real Bellman showed up, and after listened to his colleague for a few seconds, he immediately apologized to me and explained the situation (it was difficult to get a taxi as he just finished helped another guest to get one). He promised to get us a taxi but it may be a while and asked me and my friend to wait inside the lobby. While I turned around entering the lobby, I overheard the Bellman said to the young staff "How can you send the guests to get a taxi by themselves in this kind of weather!"

We got our taxi twenty minutes later. Though this incidence, I could tell ICH did know what a true Service mean.

I felt much more strongly about the concept of the Service when the Bellboy in the local ""Five-Star" hotel I stayed asked me to get a taxi myself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Mitch T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your staying feedback with us.

It was our pleasure to be able to provide you with such a good experience in Beijing here at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street. We join the whole team thanking you for acknowledging our efforts in creating memorable and enjoyable hotel experiences for our guests. My colleagues will also be pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of our efforts and we will keep working hard to continuously improve our services.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we do look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My first time back this year and usual prompt VIP pick up from the International Airport,upon arrival at the hotel I was met at the entrance by the new General Manager,his assistant and the manager for guest rooms who has become an old friend. The lobby now has a dedicated check in for Ambassador members and has been re-configured to a more pleasing aspect.The rooms are maintained to a very high standard and I do get the feeling of a home away from home.In addition to their highly acclaimed Steak restaurant,their main coffee shop come breakfast lunch and dinner place to be has also been revamped offering multiple stations for ethnic Chinese foods cooked to order,soup station and a lavish seafood buffet with the freshest oysters clams and fish,including great sushi constantly being maintained,food can also be a la carte or what ever combination your heart desires..................................

There is also the option to eat and drink in the Club Floor Lounge for members who book a Club Floor room category,this is very private and personal,with attentive staff always at hand.

There is a top class Chinese restaurant on site but sadly in over ten years I have never visited it,only hearing great reviews from friends,maybe my next visit.

On the six floor where the Club is to be found why not indulge in their fantastic Gym and their pool,in addition this is also home to the I-Spa the in house health orientated spa,I so enjoy the massage there and can also receive refreshing foot,hand and facial rejuvination for both male and female guests,their listing for treatments for your wife or girlfriend is extensive and very affordable,they do in fact go out of their way to please......................Spotlessly clean and very calming atmosphere.

The hotel concierge this time proved very helpful,I needed train tickets to my next destination,packages wrapping and sending and lots of things I could not do by myself,all was handled quickly and efficiently........................Continuous top marks and my gratitude....................

Coming up close to ten years from its new construction,this hotel is one of my favourites,I visit on average four times a year and feel confident in reporting the management maintain extremely high standards continuously,why not make it your home away from home when visiting Beijing......I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear talentpicker,

We deeply appreciate you selected InterContinental Beijing Financial Street as your home away from home.

Your feedback towards our service is exhilarating. Thank you for your kind and lifting words.

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuous loyalty to IHG and look forward to welcome back in the near future.

Best Regards

San Jose, California
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in April 2013 on a business trip.

The Intercontinental Beijing Financial Street has a lot of pluses:
a) convenient and quiet location in Beijing.
b) stylish and modern interior design - beige and black being the dominant colors
c) good sized bed-room with large desk by window, comfortable bed
d) marble lined bathroom with separate shower (overhead rainfall shower head) and loo areas
e) large soaking tube
f) safe in the room
g) nice robe and slippers
h) helpful concierge guys
i) their thermostat works - yay!
j) internet included with my room rate
k) view of a soccer field across the main highway - could see games on the weekend.

But also some minuses:
a) my sinuses was killing me in the hotel, so there's some issue with their air conditioning
b) their buffet was merely OK for lunch or dinner. Not enough choices for the big price. It was better for breakfast.
c) Half their elevators didn't go down to the lobby, only to the guest room floors. These were marked "For Service Only". What does that mean?
d) not much parking space in front of the lobby

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear DavidLau,

Thank you so much for staying with us in InterContinental Beijing Financial Street and sharing your insights on Tripadvisor.

It is with regret that some of your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectation. Your comment in this respect will certainly be taken into consideration and the concerned team will definitely seek for improvement and hopes to have an early opportunity and a second chance to present to you.

In order to continually enhance our guest experience, we’ve placed humidifiers in every rooms, the first batch air purifiers are now been placed in every club rooms and plan to continue to be placed to all rooms. Hope that our meticulous and caring action can make the air in the room that you breathe safe, comfortable and healthy especially if you are prone to allergies, sinus problems and asthmatic attacks.

Sorry for making you confused about the service only elevators which are dedicated for our staff usage, mostly like room service and luggage service, etc.

And we have to say that the parking space in front of the lobby is indeed limited especially met a wedding or big conference, but we do also provide the underground parking lot, which is free as well for all the guests.

At the same time, we are happy to hear that you appreciated our locations, facilities, service and staff and we will share your encouraging comments with my colleagues to continue to provide our brand high quality services.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you for choosing InterContinental Beijing Financial Street!

Best Regards

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been to Beijing on many occasions in the last seven years. Each time I visit, I look forward to staying in this property.

My last visit was at the end of March 2013. The visit was of the same quality that Itypically experience. The rooms are very nice. The staff is very helpful especially those in the concierge
area. There is little that they will not do to help you find some service, business need or tourist attraction.

The exercise facilities are first class and the restaurants are excellent. While not in the middle of tourist locations, the hotel is conveniencely located when a guest is willing to take taxi rides.

The management and the staff really make this property continue to excel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Lawrence C,

Thank you so much for choosing InterContinental Beijing Financial Street for your occasions in the last 7 years and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay with us.

We are happy to know that you truly appreciated our hotel's convenient location, well-appointed facilities , moreover, you found our employees to be polite and helpful. My colleagues will also be pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of our efforts and we will keep working hard to continuously improve our services.

We are so excited to read that you would like to visit with us again. We truly value your loyalty!

Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A newer, clean, comfortable feeling hotel. Restaurants are wonderful (the best steak I have ever had in Asia is at one of the restaurants there). Rooms are spacious and the hotel has a luxury feel to it. The fitness center is great and its just a nice hotel, much like an upscale business hotel in the USA. On the downside, the neighborhood is all business and no charm but if you are in Beijing doing business this is a great option. Upgrade to get business lounge access well worth the extra money due to the superior breakfast and great cocktail hour and good personalized service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear JEFFfromChicago ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to InterContinental Beijing Financial Street.

We were pleased to be able to offer you an upgrade during your stay and extremely glad to hear that you raised our Steak Exchange Restaurant + Bar the best steak you have ever had in Asia. In this June, the Surf and Turf feast is landing in, you may indulge in fresh whole Boston lobster, delicate American half shell scallops, tender juicy Australian Beef and Tiger prawn etc. Definately you do not want to miss this fabulous feast!

It is a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights.

Room and bathroom are luxurious for a business hotel.

Food is also exceptional.

Excellent location, just 10 mins from the Forbidden City.

Drawback:Should provide internet free of cost

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gaurav K ,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our convenient location and our comfortable facilities.

So as you said, our room is spacious and you can have a good view through the large windows overlook the famed Financial Street or the essential Hutong area of Old Beijing by different rooms.

Regards to your concern about the wifi, kindly please note that guests stayed at Club Room or above rooms may enjoy a free wifi throughout the hotel. Usually the wifi cost RMB120 per day, the good news is IHG Rewards Club will provide existing Priority Club Rewards members with free internet in all 4,600 hotels, starting with Elite (Gold, Platinum, Ambassador) members in July 2013, and available to all members in 2014 which means Internet access will be provided at no additional cost to all validated IHG Rewards Club Elite members at check-in.

It is our hope you will be back with us on a future visit to Beijing. Thanks again for your comments, greatly appreciated.

Regards