See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed her for 7 nights in a Club room and we have had the best service in all aspects of a satisfying hotel stay. The check in was a bit non descript but it was due to us being non chinese speakers. OK I realise they should be English savvy but the chap did his best. The gym and pool were excellent. The Club room service was beyond good. We were almost embarassed by the excellent attention but appreciated it enormously. The concierge was very helpful. The bell captain was very polite and remembered us each time we came and went. The hotel is very close to the subway which is excellent value and the only way to travel round Beijing. I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank chrishawley
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Dear chrishawley,

Thank you for using TripAdvisor and for posting your experience for others to share.

We are very happy to hear that you had such a good experience at the InterContinental Financial Street, and we will certainly pass on your compliments to our team and continue to provide our professional and high-standard service to all of our guests.

We truly appreciate your kind support as our guest, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I am staying at the Intercontinental on Beijing's Finance Street on a business trip, and the stay so far has been disappointing. There is a lack of attention to small details, which really separates the average hotels from the great ones.

The check in was fine, nothing to note either negative or positive. All the staff in the lobby are very friendly. After arriving in my room, I was asked to fill out a review and commentary form for my stay, even though I had just arrived. I declined to fill out the form, saying it would be appropriate for me to complete it after my stay, not before. After having tea each day, the tea bags in the room were not replaced.

When I got in a cab in the morning to take me to my meeting, the cab driver said he didn't know where my destination was. Sometimes in Beijing, cab drivers will say they don't know even though they do know just because they don't want to take you. Other times, they say they don't know when they really don't know. I could tell he really didn't know. I handed him a map of how to get there, and he looked at it for a couple minutes, and said again that he didn't know where it was. I told the doorman I was going to take another cab because the driver didn't know where it was, and he tried to convince me to stay in the cab saying, it's fine, it's fine, he can get you there, he has the map. This was not an acceptable answer, since Beijing traffic is already bad, and I did not want to be lost in Beijing with a driver who didn't know where he was going. In the end, I got out of the cab despite the doorman's protestations and took another cab.

At Steak Exchange the next night for dinner, the waitresses did not know anything on the menu and despite the restaurant being almost completely empty, were not very attentive. My friend ordered a lychee martini, and when it came, there were no lychees, and it is currently the height of lychee season. We asked about the lack of lychees in the martini, and after some back and forth, the bartender went next door and brought a freshly peeled lychee to put in her drink. If lychees were readily available, why wasn't it added in the first place? We asked how big the mini burgers (58 rmb) on the bar menu were and one of the waitresses gestured that it was about the size of a junior whopper. Based on this information, we ordered the burger. When it came, it was two half dollar sized burgers (not sure I should even call them burgers). I thought it was a joke. I even asked the waitress if she was serious about the mini burgers, and was it a joke (ni zai kan wan xiao ma?). I asked for the manager and asked him the same thing, is it a joke? He agreed to take the burger off our bill.

When we received our bill at the end of our meal, we noticed a 20 rmb charge for hot lemon water. Since none of us had ordered hot lemon water, we asked the waitress about the charge. She said it was for the lemons we had ordered to put in our water. I asked for the manager again, because this was simply ridiculous - what 5 star hotel charges for lemon slices? She asked if we thought the charge was a little unfair, and I told her it was a lot unfair. After showing extreme dissatisfaction, she finally removed the charge from our bill.

The beds are really comfortable and can't be beat. I wouldn't stay here again unless I really had to though, because the little things do matter.

Date of stay: June 2011
2  Thank yipingjc
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear jennai97,

Thank you for using Tripadvisor and share your feedback regarding your recent staying with us.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the experiences that you described in front office, with doorman and waitress, we certainly take all of your comments very seriously, please be assured that your experience has been briefed to respective team for their improvement needed, as well as our management. Our team will firmly dedicate to correcting our shortcomings and to seek for improvements. We strive to express our passion of service through a great hotel experience, and your comments have brought valuable feedback for our improvement.

Again we will pay serious attention on those basic service details and really look forward to welcoming you back in a sooner future, please do not hesitate to contact with me directly at jenny_ding@intercontifsbj.com whenever I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

After traveling extensively throughout China, it was a pleasure to check in to this hotel. The rooms were quiet, large bathrooms, large TV, and a very comfortable bed. The staff were all efficient, friendly, and surprisingly well trained--almost all spoke English well. I had a business dinner in the Steak Exchange, and all of my guests were amazed at the delicious food and friendly attitude of the waiter and manager. I will certainly keep this hotel on my top 10 list for future visits!

Date of stay: June 2011
1  Thank BillJ916

Dear BillJ916,

Thank you very much for your high recognition of InterContinental Beijing Financial Street and taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

We are very proud to read your appraisal of our advanced facilities and fabulous F&B; As the high-end brand hotel of IHG, it's our pursuit to provide our professional and high-standard service to all of our guests.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Services I Experienced - Good
Tell us how you liked the room- Good. The Decor of room is good.
Talk about the location & amenities- Centrally Located
Say what you liked best & least- Best - Hotel Service Least- Room Service
Tell use how was the food quality- Cant Say. I was not found Indian veg food in d hotel.

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank ashok_patni

Dear ashok_patni,

Thank you for visiting InterContinental Beijing Financial Street and taking time to share your experiences with us through Tripadvisor.

Through your valuable comments, it delights us to learn of your position on the value for the service and accommodations experience. Meanwhile we are sorry to hear that you mentioned that you didn't find the Indian vegetarian food in the restaurant ,next time you may please dial the in room service instant number on the phone, our professional staff will provide you with all your specific requirement.

We look forward to welcoming you again in your next trip to Beijing!

Reviewed May 10, 2011

A business hotel through and through,the staff here really are superb and efficient. I checked in and was upgraded to a suite due to my Ambassador status. The lounge staff assisted me with meetings throughout my stay and must say that they were superb. There are not many additional activities in the adjoining financial and banking neighborhood, but the hotel spa and pool were fantastic and again I encountered really friendly staff!! Easy to do business and I will certainly return!

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank morganart
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic comments. We are delighted to note that the hotel’s location, facilities and service was perfect for you, it is always our aim to provide all of our guests the feeling like home. We do value all our guests especially those who have earned our Ambassador level through the IHG loyalty program (PCR).

We hope that our hotel will become your choice for your future visits to Beijing. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Thank you once again.