“Wow don't go on a weekend! Packed!”

Beijing Planetarium
Ranked #210 of 1,630 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Situated near the zoo, the Planetarium makes the skies interesting with models of the planet & solar systems, telescopes, space simulator and shows at the 4-D theatre and a Digital space theatre.
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

So I have been living in Beijing for five years and it was my first time going with my family. We went on a Saturday and it was super crowded. If you don't get tickets for the movies or 4D stuff I think entrance was only 5 rmb. It was okay but just packed. Went to B hall first and to A hall. The B hall is the newer one and my son went on that slide thingy like ten times. Overall it was okay but don't eat lunch there.

Reviewed November 18, 2016

There are many different shows about universe at the planetarium. If you want to watch them, you should check the information from their websites, decide to watch which one and buy the ticket ahead of time.
The time you go here is important, the planetarium only open at 9:30 -15:30 on Wed. to Fir. And 9:30 – 16:30 on weekends and holidays.
I went here at 16:00 on weekends and it is pity that I did not have enough time to visit it.
Although I just visit some parts of it, I find it interesting to explore the universe.
And they have many facilities to help you gain more knowledge about universe.

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

It is a huge complex with perhaps 3 building to explore. We visited it after beijing zoo and paleozoological museum (they're all in the same area) so we were exhausted to explore the whole place and decided to just went into the dome and watch the movie.

However, as expected it was in chinese, and unfortunately visual stimulation (although the movie is quite interesting) are not enough to keep my tired boys awake. Lol.

Reviewed May 25, 2016

This is an average place and can be skipped from tourists point of view. I personally found it to be expensive and less informative.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 20, 2016

Good enough for a weekend walk if you are visiting Beijing's Zoo area. Entertaining for children, but that is all. Their dome kinda make the trick if its the first time you are here but still need to improve a lot. Recommended to visit if you live in Beijing, not for first time visitors.

1  Thank MikeFJones

Been to Beijing Planetarium? Share your experiences!