All reviewspersonal conciergepeacock alleysalvatore ferragamoforbidden cityelectronic toiletjapanese toilethigh techrose petalsdiamond memberluxury hotelchinese restaurantbreakfast servicef bwonderful hotelupgraded to a suitecorner roomwangfujing area
Reviewed September 19, 2017

My wife and I travel the world , I'm also platinum with SPG and my stay was great ... great hotel , great room, great breakfast , great location . As an American once away it was difficult to get a taxi . Make sure you down load the translation app , and make sure your taxi fares are agreed to before getting in. The best Peking duck we found is actually at the hotel . Hire a driver to take you to the Great Wall and around town it's much easier. J from Texas

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I contacted the hotel before my arrival to make sure my girlfriend can check in early (we flew from different places and arrived 4 hours apart). Also I mentioned that it was for our anniversary. The managers Ms. Ye ensured that the arrangement had been remarked on system and Ms. Ho welcomed me on my arrival. We were impressed by roses prepared in our end corner room and it was absolutely beautiful and romantic. We also had dinner and some white wine at the restaurant at lobby floor that night. Everything was perfect and service was at top notch. Thank you WA for making our stay so welcomed and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed September 15, 2017

I came here for a workshop for a few days and we were staying at the Hilton across the road so did not experience the rooms.
The WA is top quality and service, a bit OTT if you're not used to such luxury, but I am sure a very welcome and enjoyable OTT!
There's art all around the Hotel and the private suite at the back is like a mini-palace all to itself.
Would love to stay here one time!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
WAB-General_Manager, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear Mr. Yvanovich,

Thank you so much for providing such exceptional review on your past stay at the Waldorf Astoria Beijing.

My team and I are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed our True Waldorf Service and the overall hotel facilities and products.

We hope that we will be able to serve you again in the near future. Please feel free to email me directly should you require have any enquiries on your future accommodation needs.

Best regards,
Brian Tong
Brian.Tong@WaldorfAstoria.com

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Visiting a city like Beijing with all the pompous impressions one gets, it's a delight to have a place to retreat and relax. We felt outmost warmly welcomed by the staff and so well looked after during the entire stay. It's all these small details that everyone at the hotel was aware of. There was always plenty of water in the room, delicious chocolate truffles every night, everyone knew our whereabouts of the day and asked with genuine interest how our trip to the Great Wall was, how the dinner with family and friends.
An extraordinary thank you to the concierge staff at the hotel that went out of their way to support us and make our stay in Beijing as smooth and in best memory for a lifetime. THANK YOU. If I'd like to define how a hotel should be run, I'd send my brother and his study classmates from Lausanne EHL to the Waldorf Astoria in Beijing.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2017

We visited the hotel in early September as part of our visit to Beijing and found it a lovely respite for our first two days.

The hotel is fairly new and is beautifully designed. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, with modern touches (touchscreen controls, Japanese style washlet toilets etc). Cleanliness seemed fine, and at the turndown service at night delicoius chocolates were left on the bedside.

- Staff spoke good English, and were always helpful, particularly when we needed cabs, using their phones to find taxis through the local DiDi app.
- Service felt genuine, there did not seem to be any expectation of tips etc
- We had some hot, bad haze days while in Beijing so appreciated the pool facilities/jacuzzi as a way to relax.

The hotel had lost our booking (despite it appearing as confirmed on my Hilton Honors account the day before when in London), and this took a while to resolve. Google/Gmail didn't work in the hotel (or in China in general) so make sure you have any confirms printed. As a part of the mix-up the hotel did not process an offer of hotel credit for our booking at check in, and this was only noted at check out. To make up for this the hotel offered us some chocolates and water, while appreciated this wasn't quite in line with the offer credit.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would visit it again if in Beijing.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple