A.C. Art Museum Hotel
Baifuyi Hotel(Beijing)
  • Restaurant
Huaxia Hotel(Beijing)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed here for a work trip recently and although the location was great for where I was working the service and quality of this hotel was less than the 4* they claim to be.
The breakfast was hot when it was supposed to be cold and cold when it was supposed to be hot. There is only one English speaking news channel on the TV (not even a regular news channel like CNN etc) which although is not a bad thing it is nice to get a bit of world news at the end of the day.
I had a major problem with the drains flooding in the shower and water running over the lip and onto the tile which became very slippery (they must have known the issues because they had installed a sign on the wall that stated the floor was slippery.) The toilet was also a problem only flushing when it wanted too.
When I rang the front desk regarding the issues they didn't fully grasp the problem as very very few spoke English. Getting information out of them was also very hard due to the language barrier and when you did ask for them to write it in Chinese for you (to give to the taxi) they often wrote the wrong place down.
I wouldn't suggest this hotel for a holiday with the family. It will suffice for a short stay for work etc but there are many better establishments that provide both service and quality for around the same price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephie A
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel in the last 3 month 4 times. The last time arrived i did not have my passport with visa with me as i had given it to the embassy to apply for a visa for my next holiday. I provided copies of my passport and visa, my original china work permit and my second passport. The hotel did not allow me to stay and insisted they require the passport with the visa. This did really not make any sense to me, as all the information that a hotel requires and normally would keep in their records where available. With a little bit of common sense and interest to help a regular customer it would have been possible to let me stay. I will definitely never go to this hotel again. Very poor and unfriendly service with absolutely no common sense. Thanks to the Ctrip customer service i was not charged anything as i had reserved a room for two nights.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Axel R
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Except the location, it's pathetic hotel, no air-conditioning, when I called room service they did not speak English, when they found someone who could, I was told that they switch off air-conditioning after midnight! It was 33c and I suffocated all night and could not sleep. Beds were damn hard, I checked out in the morning and moved to holiday inn express which is real close and so much better. Worst stay of my life at ac embassy.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Wajman777
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My flight from Shanghai ws delayed by 14 hours by bad weather so ended arriving a day affter they were expecting me. No fuss or bother and they did not charge me for the missed night. Good reasoanbly priced hotel, but taxis from airport don't like coming here for some reason, make sure you get in then show them the address. Interesting toiletries include condoms (see photo) which are charged for - see photo. Can ask for no housekeeping if staying more than 2 nights and the hotel refunds 20Rm (see photos)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2011

A 10 minute walk from Dongzhimen station - at the end of the Airport Express railway - makes it an ideal location. Rooms are reasonably sized and the bathrooms OK, although with two problems of drains not clearing in my room I had to be moved to another room three days after I arrived. But no fuss, the reception staff were happy to help.
The only real downside is the quality of the breakfast where the menu is very unadventurous, and most of the food is cold and unappetising.
Hardly any of the staff speak english, but that isn't much of a problem. Sign language and a big smile, it appears, go a long way to getting things sorted out. The staff are helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the corridor away from the l.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple