“Simply try another hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Jing Min Daxia
Jing Min Daxia
Ranked #3,467 of 6,445 Hotels in Beijing
Ankara
“Simply try another hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2006

We (my wife and I)-non native english speakers-made reservations over the internet via Sinohotels-(2 people, 1 room) for a conference in Beijing. We received the confirmation for a deluxe room in Jingming Hotel, with double bed (260 RMB -33 USD). I though it was a fair price for a 3 star hotel. Before we flew to Beijing, we sent a fax to the hotel, with the confirmation number on it, and ask the hotel to keep the room in case of a flight delay. There was a delay in the flight in Dubai, as expected, and we reached the hotel via Sinohotels once again to keep the reservation and got the confirmation in Dubai. Finally we made to the hotel at 1:00 am, the room was ready with a single bed! The receptionist tried to say that the reservation was made for a single bed room and doubled the price! So we called Sinohotels by my cellular phone, paying hauling charges! Sinohotel seem to be surprised, and they said single bed in a deluxe room was not possible for two people, but the receptionist was not convinced he was asking for something like 60 USD for two. Talking to someone by showing the confirmation fax-with clearly marked 2 people-1room-deluxe-double bed- who does not understand English in the middle of the night is not amusing. So I agreed to pay and extra 60 RMB (about 8 USD) after some negotiation, for one night , for a double bed room and told them that I am not staying in the hotel for the rest of my trip (7 nights). This whole episode took about an hour and a half with non-english speaker receptionist. We went to bed around 3:00 am!

The room was in bad shape: stain and very dirty unvacumed carpet, fainted walls and chipped paint, used and repack soap (no joking), half shampoo and shower gel!, dirty pillows-my wife ended up using her jacket as the pillow case. The staff started to make noise early in the morning, after 5 to 6 hour sleep, hearing every phone ring, shootings from the corridor while employees communicate, etc. at 8:30 there a was a knock on the door employees holding dirty cloths to my face and saying `cleaning`.

So sleep was not an option any more-shower time-but there were no tub in the shower, so the water was on the floor before traveling to the sink hole. I must mention the sink was blocked and delayed drainage was leaking to the floor. There was one more futile attempt on our side-I paid 12 RMB (1.5 USD) to Jing Ming mansion business center! get the fax which was sent to me while we were looking for another hotel. At the end, I took a quick shower and then we left to an excellent hotel (Kaikang international hotel) for something like 20 dollars more.

This is the truth nothing but the truth-no exaggerations-the next day (today) we were laughing to what was going on after a long, delayed and sleepless 48 hours to china-via Dubai.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirtyness
  • Tips/Secrets — Use well established WEB based service providers and hotels with english speaking staff
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business