1,306 results
All reviews noodle bar shopping mall subway station noodles pizza hut forbidden city convenient location room key modern hotel tourist attractions chinese food buffet breakfast english supermarket china heaven temple
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Room is ok and fairly priced. Location is great with shopping mall and many restaurants nearby. Close to subway station.

We are a family the infant bed is umcomfortable, and somewhat noisy in the night, as some construction outside.

Date of stay: October 2018
pentahotel_BJ, Manager at pentahotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear penta guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience. Penta Hotel Beijing is just right situated at the center of the city. Your comment regarding the construction outside, we had reported the issue to concerned authority. Also we had shared with housekeeping the infant bed issue you mentioned in your feedback, for further improvement.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Beijing again in the not far future.
Thanks with best regards.

Reviewed October 19, 2018

Room was clean, but had no fridge. All other facilities worked well. Corridor to the room smelled fusty. We thought the breakfasts were overpriced but there are quite a few local food places where you can get Chinese style breakfast very cheaply.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
pentahotel_BJ, Manager at pentahotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear penta guest,
Thanks for your value feedback. It is very unfortunate that you were disappointed by the general disposition of our property and we were sorry to hear that. We are always focus on the customers experience in order to improve our service not only the impressions and management but details. We are doing some decoration right now such as replace the carpet for corridor and parts of rooms. And very appreciate your understanding and sincerely hope that we will getting improved during your next stay with us.
Thanks with Best Regards

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Ideal hotel if you are doing tourism. It is very close to the most interesting areas in BJ. The breakfast buffet has a good variety of food. The breakfast area should be extended as at rush time might not be easy to find a place to sit.
Hotel staff is quite helpful and they all do speak proper English to make yourself understood. Rooms are clean and spacious.
The only complain I may have is the opening time of the fitness room which is 7:00 am. For those who has to work it might a bit late. The gym is offering water and some fruit which is welcome.
Definitely I would repeat this one.

Trip type: Traveled on business
pentahotel_BJ, Manager at pentahotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Dear penta guest,
Thanks for your valued feedback. We are very pleased to know you like our property. Not only the breakfast but also the hotel rooms and service. Regarding the open time for fitness room, we will pass your value comment to related department to check if is possible to adjust according to the actual situation. And very appreciate your understanding and sincerely hope that we will getting improved during your next stay with us.
Thanks with Best Regards.

Reviewed October 18, 2018

I've been to the hotel during the Golden Week (3rd Oct - 6th Oct)... the breakfast was incredibly good, plenty of options but unfortunately at the day, my last day at the hotel, I wasn't feeling so well... I tried to ate a little bit and made a sandwich to go, as I was taking a train to came back to Shanghai, long trip ... I saw A LOT of guest taking fruits and food from the coffee area since the day I arrived, and no one had problem with that... The staff of the hotel never said that it was forbidden, and I also didn't notice any note or plate with that information. Suddenly, when I was living the breakfast at day, 3 of the staff came until me, in front of ALL THE OTHER GUESTS, surrounded me, one in each side, one of them were the Kitchen Chef, telling loudly that was extremely forbidden to take food, and also showed me a printed notice that conteined that supposed information... (Just to let register, they placed it after I arrived at the breakfast area at that day.. How would I knew that? ) I went up but my dad was unhappy with the shame they put me through. They had the brave to say that they placed the note at that day and didn't even felt bad to argue with a guest... Adding that they wouldn't through away my sandwich. If not, what are them supposted to do? Usually, hotels do not allowed the staff to eat food that they provide to guests... Honestly, I'm from the hospitality industry as well and It was a unnecessary situation... I felt terrible bad and the hotel lose all the credibility with me and my dad. Hope the other guests don't ever felt this humilition because of such a small thing... I wouldn't pass the information forward but knowing this area, I know that a every detail counts.. That's why I let my feedback.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear penta guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for having stayed with us on the Golden week.
We read through your comment and we would like to thank you for the good comment in regards to the breakfast buffet options.
However, we were disappointed to read the very unpleasant situation you faced, and we would like to take this opportunity to personally apology for the situation and inconvenience caused to you.
The loud approach from the kitchen staff and being surrounded was definitely wrong. The concern has been brought to the attention of the executive chef.
We would like to thank you again for your valuable feedback, as it is only with such comments that we can take corrective actions in order to constantly improve our approach and hotel service.
We hope, that we will be welcoming you back in a near future. And very appreciate your understanding and sincerely hope that we will getting improved during your next stay with us.
Thanks with Best Regards

Reviewed October 13, 2018

Great hotel, located next door to two shopping centres (one located across the road). Great facilities i.e. gym, restaurant, bistro, bar, pool table, ice cream. The noodle bar was closed but the food was still great at the restaurant. The room was spacious. The beds were hard which was different to beds that I have slept on in the past.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
pentahotel_BJ, Manager at pentahotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear penta guest,
Thanks for your valued feedback. We are very pleased to know you like our property. We know there is always have the space to improve. Hope we are getting better during your next stay with us.
Thanks with Best Regards.