“Overpriced”
Review of Austen Kitchen - CLOSED

Austen Kitchen
Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pleses make reservation in advance by phone or by email!Much appreciate! With a charming arrangement full of mahogany furniture, soft reading lamps and vintage music, Austen Cafe is an ideal place that is sweet and cosy enough for friends' reunion, couple's relaxation or colleagues' small talk after work. We serve Italian cuisine including pasta, lasagne, panini, breads and soups which are totally home made with top-shelf ingredients. And we also serve beef steak with authentic Australian red wine. besides, our cakes and deserts are favored most amoungst all we serve.Warm welcome to make a RESERVATION in advance!and Cash only now:)How to find us?A: Please take a taxi to the Nanluoguxiang(南锣鼓巷)the North entrance, go into the main street to the south, about 30 meters long, passing by a public toilet, on the LEFT hand the First hutong,named Xiaojuer Hutong(小菊儿胡同 )turn LEFT, go into about 20 meters you can see Austen Kitchen!B:By the No.6 subway get off at the Nanluoguxiang(南锣鼓巷 )station, go into the main street to the north, about 1000 meters passing by Starburks, on the RIGHT hand when you saw the Yogurt shop then ture right to the Xiaojuer Hutong(小菊儿胡同),go into 20 meters you can find Austen Kitchen!
“Overpriced”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

The waiter was insistent on up-selling us a lot of extras and after we got our main dish we realized why, it was small.
The prawns with cheese for ~150Y got us 3 prawns with two slices of caramelized apple as side.
I guess we shouldn't have gone to a "Italian" cousine restaurant in Beijing in the first place.

Austen C, Owner at Austen Kitchen, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your coming and your review!

You and your girlfriend came to our restaurant at 18:30 yesterday for dinner, you ordered the one pasta and one maincourse, as a dinner, i gave your advice that maybe not enough, what do you think?And because our pasta are all homemade and fresh, so need a little bit more time, you can think about a starter, or a homemade bread, Is that up-selling?

About the main course, we use the Prawn,not Shrimp, good quality and not cheap, made with parmesan cheese and butter, herbs, serviced with caramel apple, it's not simple, yes, this main course is RMB148, not cheap but reasonable. By the way, our most of homemade pasta is just RMB58, homemade ciabatta is RMB 25, is that all overpriced?You refused my suggestion and waited for a little bit time to eat, so you feel not good, I totally understand!

I am the owner, what i did just wish our guests feel good and be satisfied with the meal, so we value the quanlity of the food, also value the worth of our work.

Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Nicest people,delicious food and really welcoming place,when I return to Beijing I will come to eat here again!!try the apple pie!!!very delicious!!

Austen C, Owner at Austen Kitchen, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hi, dear guest, lovely family from Italy, although i can't speak Italian, but i really feel your happiness in our restaurant, we felt the happiness too!

Nice picture, nice smile!

Much appreciate!

Antwerp
“Quality food”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Real European food and homemade pasta. Dont forget to try the homemade bread! Very nice people. Give it a try if you feel like something else than Chinese food. Just a pitty that drinks aren't cold. But overall much recommended!

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind recommended!Quality is the most important thing in our restaurant!

Beijing, China
“Authentic italian”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

It is certainly one of the best restaurants I have been in Beijing. Everything was delicious and I really felt in Italy while testing all those dishes. The panini's bread and pasta are home made.

• Visited April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your coming! We must keep "Authentic italian"!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Now I have found where you are I will be back”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is a little gem of a restaurant that if I am totally truthful I do not want to share with everybody. Although only small the atmosphere is cosy, the host is very welcoming and helpful and the food(main reason I was there) was delicious. I had the roasted vegetable salad,salmon and then one of the best chocolate puddings I have ever tasted. The food in this restaurant is definitely on a par with the many Mediterranean restaurants that can be found in Sanlitun village. In fact the desserts are better. Shared a nice bottle of white wine with my friends all for a reasonable price.
I most certainly would recommend and will be returning very soon.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kizzybeijing
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recommendation! Nice food and nice wine should not expensive, right?

Now you found us, as a little gem, waiting for you!