“This place is a dive”

Ranked #3,659 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Chicago
“This place is a dive”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This hotel has been "repurposed" to house people who have been exposed to swine flu. I watched the cleaning lady wash the inside of my toilet with the same rag she cleaned my sink and countertop. Outside, where there are a few tables, the cleaning woman threw a rotted melon into the water she was using to wipe down the tables. I never smelled antiseptic the entire time we were there. They have a business center with 3 computers - but hotel employees were usually on them playing games. No one spoke English until we found someone who was bi-lingual who was also staying at the hotel. The manager was not helpful. We spent our entire vacation in quarantine - never having a fever or symptoms. We asked to be released 2 hours early so we could make our flight home. The manager said probably not - but he'd let us know the morning of our departure. Never saw him again. Mold is growing on the walls - bugs bite you day and night. Bathrooms are filthy and broken down. Do not stay there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
34 Thank quarantined

Couples
Augsburg
Reviewed July 6, 2008

in all 5 continents I visited the last 50 years I have never been in such a run down and dirty shack, not even in Africa or South America. After missing my flight on Air China because this same airline canceled a flight to Beijing and after 2 hours of searching and fighting I was booked on a double room with another poor stranded traveler of Air China. The receptionist behaved the rudest I have seen and tried to lure out 500 Yuan of each one to get a single room. After 2 more hours I got this single room. I will try to attach some pictures I took of this "hotel". Dirt and old battered down furniture and carpets all over the place. Untidy corridors with old mattresses and furniture completed the view. An non proper air conditioning and tons of mosquitoes did not help to rest properly. Therefor I warn every traveler to void this hotel like voiding cholera of course never ever book any flight on Air China if you want to stay healthy and sane.
I will attach the photos as soon as they are available.

Stayed July 2008
30 Thank Wirife

Travelers are raving about these Beijing hotels