“If I lived in Beijing, I'd be a regular”

Great Leap Brewing #12 Brewpub
Ranked #20 of 12,698 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great Leap Brewing #12 Brewpub pairs the best craft beer Beijing has to offer with burgers that are consistently voted among the best in town. With a brewpub ambience not unlike what you might find in the USA or Europe, the brewhouse and fermentors are all in plain view. Hardwood tables, steel signs, and chalkboards give it a hand-crafted, local feel, much like the beer itself. Our philosophy is to source a majority of locally grown ingredients, including local hops, teas, spices, fruits, vegetables, coffees, sugars and honeys, creating craft beer that truly represents the best of China. Hours: Sun-Thurs 11:00am-1am, reservations until 7pm and Fri-Sat 11:00am-2am, reservations until 6pm.
Kyoto, Japan
“If I lived in Beijing, I'd be a regular”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I'm always on the hunt for local brews whenever we travel, so this was the perfect place for me. We didn't try the burgers, although they looked great and I probably should have. My girlfriend had a slice of carrot cake that was really nice and moist.

I had two flights of beer - an option I would highly recommend at 50 RMB for any 4 beers on the menu (tasters of about 200 mL each). Of of the eight varieties I tried, I would suggest cinnamon, honey ma, or my personal favourite imperial wheat. At 9.5% I thought it would be pretty powerful, but it was very smooth and had great flavour. I wish I could go back, but sadly only had a week in Beijing.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JVerse

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great craft beer and pub food”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was in desperate need of a real beer fix after having spent 2 1/2 weeks in Beijing on business and existing on the dire chinese macrobrew swill like Tsingtao.

Great Leap definitely fit the bill. Several good IPAs (not quite as hoppy as I like but still very solid), an excellent porter, some lagers to choose from, etc. I was disappointed that the barleywine was gone during my visit... sounded excellent ("Beat the Landlord barleywine" LOL).

The food was very good, as well... assortment of burgers, wings, etc. to choose from. I had a cobb salad which was the most greenery I've seen in this city all in one place. :-)

It was quite crowded on Saturday early evening when we visited... don't expect a quiet evening by yourself at the bar. I was here with my wife and two young children... not exactly a family-style restaurant, but we didn't feel terribly out of place, either.

I have additional business trips planned for Beijing over the next several months... I'll be back to Great Leap, no question about it.

• Visited June 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good beers..”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a good time at the new Sunlitun location. The beers are nice and the veggie burger was surprisingly very good, especially with sriracha mayo...the home fries initially were rather cold, however the waitress got a new side of freshly cooked ones. Would definitely go back...

Visited May 2014
Kevin R, Public Relations Manager at Great Leap Brewing #12 Brewpub, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thanks for stopping by, we're glad you enjoyed the beers and veggie burger, and that your fries were replaced quickly. We are always working to improve our service and quality, and your feedback is valuable.
Townsville, Australia
“Great food, not the best service”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I ordered the old fashioned burger and my friend got the pork belly one - they were both delicious and the fries were good to! Even though service was a bit disappointing, its not really out of the ordinary being in China. So definitely would go back - worth the burger!

• Visited May 2014
Kevin R, Public Relations Manager at Great Leap Brewing #12 Brewpub, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thanks for stopping by, glad you enjoyed the sandwiches and beer. The pork belly sandwich is new, and it's been a hit so far. We appreciate your feedback and are always working to improve our service, feel free to let us know any suggestions you have next time you're in.
Townsville
“Great American Style Burger”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We went on a big adventure to this place because of its great reviews. We were not disappointed, it was fantastic! The food was a good size and tasted great, good value for money. No issues with the service or wait times for food. I'd definitely go again, it was a great restaurant with a great atmosphere. I'd love to go for dinner next time! Also bonus the menu is in English which makes ordering a breeze.

• Visited May 2014
Hi Kate, Thanks for stopping in. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, come back and see us again soon! We've got beer specials every Sunday and Tuesday.