1,884 results
All reviews residence club rooftop bar forbidden city great hotel walking distance club room upgraded to a suite breakfast and dinner spacious room excellent stay concierge service tianamen square modern hotel star hotel chinese restaurant taxi driver subway station
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My partner & I stayed here for 2 nights as a city stopover. Neither of us had been to Beijing before.

The check in process was a little bit long- but that could be as we were quite tired from the flight so the length felt quite exaggerated! The lady that checked us in was very friendly... however I would recommend small changes such as advising how to get to the rooftop bar & providing a city map (they do have some... we got one later when we asked the concierge).

The room was lovely- very large and lots of little delightful luxuries such as automatic opening blinds &a curtains. We certainly weren't used to such quality for the price we paid as Australia and Europe are VERY expensive in comparison for that standard of hotel.
There were a few minor things like a tiny tear in the blind but that's would really only bother someone who is searching for a reason to complain! My reason for not giving this hotel a 5 star rating was the wifi... yes there is free wifi... but the free wifi mentioned is for a slow internet connection that is only ok for emails (this is mentioned when you first connect... so there is an option to pay for a faster connection). However even checking emails was SO slow that nothing happened- I waited for 10minutes and still nothing. I really believe that if free wifi is offered in such a hotel, it should be a high speed free connection. I ended up not using it at all as after receiving a whatsapp message it didn't work again even though the signal showed full strength.

The rooftop bar was definetly he highlight. Great friendly service, a great view and atmosphere & the snacks offered were absolutely delicious; we tried the beef skewers, dumplings, sliders, pork chops & these wonderful cigar shaped treats (sorry can't remember the name).

All in all I would recommend staying here! It's about a 1 hour drive to the airport (probably would be 20min but the traffic in Beijing is crazy!) and a 20minute walk to Qianmen St.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Great stay, very clean and new hotel and room, helpful and nice staffs, great facilities (pool, roof top bar), relatively close to subway station 崇文門, super cool automated curtain and central light control.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2017

chic hotel in convenient location but the room service food quality is very poor.The hotel is new and nicely design. I love the interior style and breakfast was spectacular. front desk staff upon arrival was a bit rough(typical northern chinese). good hotel if you need to move around south beijng

1  Thank waitungcheung
Reviewed September 8, 2017

I normally don't write reviews but I feel the good reviews this hotels are not quite appropriate and not worth the money I paid. It was probably once a very nice hotel when it was new but the facilities are not being maintained at all. Please see the attached photos for prove. I stayed in two rooms (I was sent to another one after I complained about the first one) and unfortunately I had the same disappointing experience in both so I think it's a more general problem

== Both rooms that I stayed in were pretty much run down: Holes in the curtains and in the walls, rust on the bathtub in the bathroom, a power-plug cover fallen off, the wooden floors full of scratches, the furniture beaten up and marked, the carpet dissolving with loose yarn everywhere ==> It seems like no work is done to maintain the rooms and its furniture in a decent state.

== Both rooms were not well cleaned: Lots of dirt and hand marks from previous guests on the windows from the inside (the outside was also dirty but I can understand that with the pollution in Beijing one cannot clean every day from the outside), stains on the floor (apparently they do not mop them properly), dirt on the desk, the corners in the bathroom full of dirt.

To be fair the common & representative areas were in better shape, the pool area e.g. was nice and clean. The location is reasonably good for Beijing but still expect to walk a stiff 30 mins to the forbidden city. The free internet is extremely slow (you can upgrade for an extra charge).

I would not spend the money again - for what I paid I would have expected a squish clean and well-maintained hotel room.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Eddy S, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

Dear Moxito112,

Firstly please allow me to apologise for your recent experience in our hotel and also for not resolving your concerns during your stay. My team and myself agree that your stay falls well short of the high level of service and delivery that we set for ourselves and our guests.

I have noted the two rooms that you stayed in and have personally inspected them with my Director of Engineering and the hotels Executive Housekeeper. Please rest assured that we have dealt with the concerns raised and improved our processes based on your valuable feedback.

My team and myself look forward to delivering the stay experience you deserve and I look forward to receiving your next booking at our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at eddy.sarton@newworldhotels.com if I can be of any assistance.

Sincere regards,

Eddy Sarton

Reviewed September 8, 2017

good location with good service, 10th floor provides extra service for meetings, room has good size of space with everything you needed, lobby also has a place for meeting people, 1st floor dinner has good food and service.