1,883 results
All reviews residence club rooftop bar forbidden city great hotel walking distance club room upgraded to a suite breakfast and dinner spacious room excellent stay concierge service tianamen square modern hotel star hotel chinese restaurant taxi driver subway station
Reviewed September 8, 2017

I normally don't write reviews but I feel the good reviews this hotels are not quite appropriate and not worth the money I paid. It was probably once a very nice hotel when it was new but the facilities are not being maintained at all. Please see the attached photos for prove. I stayed in two rooms (I was sent to another one after I complained about the first one) and unfortunately I had the same disappointing experience in both so I think it's a more general problem

== Both rooms that I stayed in were pretty much run down: Holes in the curtains and in the walls, rust on the bathtub in the bathroom, a power-plug cover fallen off, the wooden floors full of scratches, the furniture beaten up and marked, the carpet dissolving with loose yarn everywhere ==> It seems like no work is done to maintain the rooms and its furniture in a decent state.

== Both rooms were not well cleaned: Lots of dirt and hand marks from previous guests on the windows from the inside (the outside was also dirty but I can understand that with the pollution in Beijing one cannot clean every day from the outside), stains on the floor (apparently they do not mop them properly), dirt on the desk, the corners in the bathroom full of dirt.

To be fair the common & representative areas were in better shape, the pool area e.g. was nice and clean. The location is reasonably good for Beijing but still expect to walk a stiff 30 mins to the forbidden city. The free internet is extremely slow (you can upgrade for an extra charge).

I would not spend the money again - for what I paid I would have expected a squish clean and well-maintained hotel room.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Eddy S, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

Dear Moxito112,

Firstly please allow me to apologise for your recent experience in our hotel and also for not resolving your concerns during your stay. My team and myself agree that your stay falls well short of the high level of service and delivery that we set for ourselves and our guests.

I have noted the two rooms that you stayed in and have personally inspected them with my Director of Engineering and the hotels Executive Housekeeper. Please rest assured that we have dealt with the concerns raised and improved our processes based on your valuable feedback.

My team and myself look forward to delivering the stay experience you deserve and I look forward to receiving your next booking at our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at eddy.sarton@newworldhotels.com if I can be of any assistance.

Sincere regards,

Eddy Sarton

Reviewed September 8, 2017

good location with good service, 10th floor provides extra service for meetings, room has good size of space with everything you needed, lobby also has a place for meeting people, 1st floor dinner has good food and service.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We simply enjoyed our stay in Beijing as the whole staff of the hotel took care of us in a every possible way! What we can definitely recommend is the Residence Club Floor. After a Long day of sightseeing you simply look forward to the Relaxing effort of this Club Floor with all the People, who make your stay a Special one.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2017

A true five star experience, seriousness, rigor and professionalism!The location is very good, the services offered by the lounge club are perfect! The rooms are very spacious with modern furnishings and design.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The Hotel is subtly located in the heart of the city. it is close to the touristic area and yet in the surrounding of residence. hence it is convenient and yet not too busy. the height of the area is restricted and their top floor club and bar have perfect view. hotel is comfortable, clean and of good service.

1  Thank Karen T