New World Beijing Hotel
$87
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,682 results
All reviewsresidence clubrooftop barforbidden citygreat hotelwalking distanceclub roomspacious roomupgraded to a suiteexcellent stayhighly recommend this hotelstar hotelmodern hotelconcierge stafftianamen squarechinese restauranttaxi driversubway station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed two nights in the residence club room. The room was very spacious and clean and efficent.
The staffs did their best to help me and were ready for listening to what I said. Especially thanks to David and Karen. The breakfast was very good and food in the club lounge was not so variouse but good quality. The pool was clean but not so fancy.
The only minus is....it was not easy to communicate with some staffs in English.
I like to visit this hotel definitely.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank najasin
Henrik I, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2014

Dear Najasin

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of New World Beijing hotel here on TripAdvisor.
WE are very happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay and found the standards to your expectations, we have shared your feedback with Karen and David, who are happy that you enjoyed the service they provided.
One of our challenges as you point out, is in some areas, we could improve the standard of English, which we noted and will continue to train our team.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to New World Beijing in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I am hard on hotels. Read my reviews. After all I have 3 million miles with United Airlines alone and have stayed in a lot of mediocre hotels. This hotel is one of the best not just for the price but just great all around. What makes a hotel great is service and the people care from the Danish general manager to the individuals on the front desk and the club. I upgraded to the club floor and it is so worth it. Included in the fee is good food, a beautiful setting inside and outside on a California like patio as well as them making your favorite cocktail in the evening. The rooms are very well appointed and large for any city and thus especially for Beijing. The location is perfect to walk to, Tienanmen, the Forbidden City (Palace Museum it is now called), the gardens and lakes with duck boats as well as the temple on the hill. In addition it is only a 10 minute walk to the Pearl Market and 10 minutes by cab to the financial district. The hotel has all the newest technology thus getting a cab was simple and always quick which is an issue in Beijing. The rooms are laid out in a modern look and feel with the bedroom and bathroom creating a huge room or two rooms when the sliding doors are pulled back. The bathroom had a big tub and a large shower and glassed in stall plus plus.. The TV was a big flat screen and had multiple English language stations which is a problem in Asia if you are there for a while watching BBC over and over as the only choice. I have to put in a word for the swimming pool which is done in dark grey granite and has a men's club like atmosphere attached to it. I did not eat at the restaurant in the lobby but the hotel is surrounded by restaurants. My only issue was the traditional Chinese hard bed but i asked for a second comforter and slept on top of one and under the other. Trust me you will love this place and I do not say that lightly.

Room Tip: The hotel was quite quiet which can be an issue in Beijing with building.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank jimnick

Dear Jimnick

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely glowing report of our hotel.
It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay and happy that you enjoyed our hotel.

We are very fortunate to have a beautifully designed and constructed hotel and of course happy that you felt our team delivered on our service promise as a hotel. We note your comment regarding the mattress and pleased to hear that your solution was able to increase the comfort of the bed for you.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I've stayed here twice and the exceptional quality of the service is what prompts me to give it 5 stars - the staff start from the position of wanting to be helpful and try proactively to think of ways to make your stay pleasanter. The rooms and good and modern, the buffet rich in choice though not especially good quality in my opinion. There's a reasonable choice of food at other times too. The location is a bit off-centre (which means it's quite quiet) and you should bring the address printed from the website in Chinese as taxi-drivers won't know it. Room wifi is a choice between reasonable standard and paid for (120 RNB/day) high-speed.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear NickPalmer
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor.
The team and I are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed both your stays with us.
We are particularly pleased with your praise of the team and their positive service attitude, our company is focused on delivering what we call relationship hospitality.
We noted your comments on the food quality and have taken steps to review where we can make improvements.
We hope that we are able to welcome you to the hotel on future visits to Beijing.

Your sincerely

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel is by far the BEST hotel I have stayed in Beijing. I am currently making another reservation during my Grandson's Thanksgiving break from school. Cleanliness, helpfulness of the staff (they printed out directions in English & Chinese for directions in-case cab drivers were unaware), fabulous buffet, extremely spacious rooms with all the amenities needed. You will love the soaking tub in addition to the spacious shower. The pool was under maintenance but it will be in fine shape when we next come to Beijing. I loved the short walk to the Temple of Heaven and then over to the Pearl Market. The bank (with numerous ATM's) is located just across the street. McDonald's is across the other street corner (for those so inclined). The 12th floor bar (YEN) is fabulous. If you hit Beijing (like we did) with good air quality (not an often event), the view is fantastic. We could see the moon, the Temple of Heaven all lit up in splendor and the other various landmarks (Hutongs) etc. Truly, the staff could have not been more helpful. When we checked-out, our cab driver was unhappy with our 3 adults and baggage in his taxi to the airport. At-least 6 to 10 hotel staff came out to help us get settled into another bigger taxi who did take us (without incident) to the airport. If you are new to Beijing or just like "quality" and "extreme comfort", you will LOVE this hotel. The front office manager (Nancy) is so helpful and remembers who you are & calls you by name everyday. One really feels at home (away from home) here! This is (as I said) over the top, extreme, customer service in Beijing. Don't miss out on making your reservation here the next time you are in Beijing.

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw are fantastic - spacious, modern, and clean. I can tell you that MY room on the 5th floor (with a view of mcdonalds & various people-watching of locals going about their business) was wonderful. I was getting my bearings of where I was located. I don't think there are any negatives at all in this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank claudia7475
Henrik I, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Dear Claudia 7475

Firstly the tea here and I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and even more so knowing we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in November The team are very excited about your very positive and kind review and I know they are always well motivated by such reviews.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in November.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Staying at the New World for my last two days is Beijing was a perfect way to unwind and relax from the hustle and bustle is Beijing! The hotel and the rooms are beautiful! The room service was quick and polite! The bathrobes were amazing to lounge around in. The indoor pool was a very tranquil place to swim and enjoy some sunshine (sunny spots on big couches) sans the Beijing smog.

As an American, I had no issues getting a taxi quickly with doorman helping to explain the destination I needed to go to. Other places, I had difficulty getting a taxi.

Got the Audi car service to the airport and on the day I was leaving, I was running late, so the main chef himself ran around the restaurant getting my breakfast ready and packed to eat on the road! All around really wonderful stay. Would definitely choose to stay here again in future.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mars141
Henrik I, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Mars141

many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and found it a perfect place to unwind.
I have shared your comments with our team, who are encouraged by your comments and am sure will seek to continue to strive to provide this level of service.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to New World Beijing hotel in the future.