“Great Wall, Great Tour experience”

Joe's Untouched Great Wall Hike
Ranked #3 of 16 Transportation in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing One-day Private Tour Joe specializes in Great Wall Hikes, Great Wall Camping and Beijing City Tours. We make every effort to immerse you in Chinese culture and history by offering you a real taste of the 'wild' Great Wall experience that covers both un-renovated and renovated sections away from the crowds. Our Beijing City Tours are all about giving you a private experience that is memorable and off the beaten track away from the crowds - even within places such as the Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. Our promise is a memorable trip without shopping and a taste of Beijing that you may not get to experience on your own. Airport transfers are also available to/from your hotel.
Weston, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Wall, Great Tour experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

All my friends that visited China, says that I need to find an organized tour because China is not an easy place to visit by yourself. As I'm a fan of traveling the world by myself, China shouldn't be the exception.
But at the moment to decide how to visit the Great Wall I learned that if I went to the "tourist" part of the Wall I'll gonna have pictures of hundreds of people, instead of pictures of the Great Wall. Reading some blogs I founded the data from this Joe guide and I contacted him by email and he respond quick and in english. So, we scheduled to visit Jiankou Great Wall and the experience was amazing. The place is incredible for pictures and sensations. Joe is great, he took care of everything, transportation, meals, water, etc. I really recommend contacting Joe not only for visiting the Great Wall, but also the other attractions. He's a great Pal. His email is: hamlet2008.com@163.com

2 Thank Eduardo R

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Breda, The Netherlands
“Good tour with excellent guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

The trip to the Jiankou section was just great! It's a very remote area where only a few tourist go to. Even though it sometimes can be very challenging, it's worth the trip. Our guide Joe was extremely helpful and guided us safely over the wall. If you want to avoid the tourists and you are not afraid of the hight, It's highly recommended.
Also the driver and the lunch were very good.joe's email:hamlet2008.com@163.com

Drysdale
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Breathtaking hike along the Great Wall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Just devouring a delectable selection of dishes at our lunch as our reward after our fantastic hike with our guide Joe. We hiked west along an unrestored section from Cxizhazi. It is hard to describe the beauty and raw splendor of the Great Wall-simply breathtaking! Joe was a fantastic guide. My husband & I are in our early 50's but Joe definitely paced himself for us to do the walk comfortably. He was also very attentive to our safety and frequently alerted us to the "tricky" sections to ensure we took out time and were careful. There were sections that were tiring with the climbing but this walk is manageable if you have a reasonable level of fitness. I was worried at start because I can be afraid of heights but this was not really a worry thanks to Joe. This walk was a highlight and one that we can really recommend. I'd picked Joe's name from previous reviews on trip advisor and can endorse he is a fantastic guide.

Brisbane, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enjoyable day spent with Joe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We found Joe through trip advisor reviews and he didn't disappoint. Communication was prompt and attended our our hotel on the date and time requested. His knowledge of the Great Wall and chinese history was vast. Our children 13 and 9 thoroughly enjoyed the hike and didn't have any issues with the length or physicality of the hike. We are happy to recommend Joe for tours around beijing.

Visited April 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Outstanding guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our family of six travelled to Beijing for a five day tour. Joe was our guide for all but one day. From our first communications with Joe by e mail to the drop off back at the airport Joe helped make our trip as interesting, entertaining and memorable as we could have hoped. Joe has excellent English, a deep understanding of China and Beijing and a very good grasp of what western visitors are looking for. Joe interacted very well with our children which was a huge help in making our trip a success.

Visited April 2014