“Great Wall trip that you won't get anywhere else.”

Joe's Untouched Great Wall Hike
Ranked #3 of 16 Transportation in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing One-day Private Tour Joe specializes in Great Wall Hikes, Great Wall Camping and Beijing City Tours. We make every effort to immerse you in Chinese culture and history by offering you a real taste of the 'wild' Great Wall experience that covers both un-renovated and renovated sections away from the crowds. Our Beijing City Tours are all about giving you a private experience that is memorable and off the beaten track away from the crowds - even within places such as the Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. Our promise is a memorable trip without shopping and a taste of Beijing that you may not get to experience on your own. Airport transfers are also available to/from your hotel.
Beijing, China
“Great Wall trip that you won't get anywhere else.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Joe was GREAT! He showed our group of 4 areas of the Great Wall that you wouldn't normally get to see. Wonderful landscapes and the best part no tourists or large groups of people. Very quiet and peaceful. Off the beaten path. One warning, be prepared for physical exercise. It's not a trip for the light day hiker. Joe will help explain what needed of you though and you won't regret it. Excellent trip!

Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“amazing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

we had a great 6 days of wild wall challenge. we walked over 100 km in one of the most beautiful nature i have ever seen .. we tried amazing chinese village's food and we met amazing villagers. it was one of the best days for me that i wont forgot. It was Joe who made the trip amazing :)
P.S. dont make him sing, his voice was !!! :)

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing service and an awesome exploration of the vintage wall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I can't say enough good things about my tour guide, joe, (the driver was wonderful as well). He was extremely friendly and professional, a great historian, and an excellent storyteller of the Great Wall. He was always looking out for my well-being and he knew all the ins and out of the Wall. His English is superb and I felt completely confident exploring the wall with him as a solo female traveler. We hiked the Jinshanling section of the wall which was perfect for me- im an adventurist but have an overactive imagination when it comes to extremely dangerous situations. Needless to say, the hike was a perfect balance of moderate trekking with a dash of danger. I absolutely loved it and am a bit shell shocked now that its over. Anyway, I wouldn't have done the trip any other way. Props to joe and driver for making one of my dreams successful!

Visited July 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I went on a day trip out to the Jiankou portion of the Great wall yesterday with Joe. It was amazing. We only booked Joe the afternoon before so we were lucky he was available. We were picked up promptly at 9am as organised by Joe and his driver Li and were driven out to the Jiankou part of the wall. Joe asked whether we wanted a mix of old and new wall (in which case we'd end up at mutianyu section) or we wanted 'wild' wall the entire way. We chose the latter and we were glad we did.

From the drop off we walked uphill through the bush for about 20 minutes. This was uphill but not too strenuous. When we got to the wall we climbed up a ladder and we were off on our walk. All up we were on the wall nearly 3 hours, but we estimated we only walked about 1-1.5pm due to the terrain. We had plenty of stops, so we never felt rushed or out of breath.

As other reviewers have noted, this section of the wall is not for those who are afraid of heights or climbing. At one point the wall is made up of a climb of steps which are at a 70 degree angle: this requires climbing up. There is no rope, but as long as you keep your eyes and your balance forward you'll be fine. In a lot of other places we were using our hands and legs to haul ourselves up, down and around.

We saw two other couples on the wall and that was it. It was wonderful to have the place to ourselves. Joe kept us entertained with facts about china, its history and the wall throughout the trip. We learnt a lot from him.

After about three hours we descended through the bush to the pick up point, where we drove for about half an hour to a farmhouse (looked like a summer holiday resort for Chinese people but pretty empty when we went) for lunch which was delicious Chinese food. There were four different plates and they were all great. After another two hour drive we were back at our hotel by half five.

A great day and we would recommend Joe (and a visit to the wild wall) wholeheartedly.

Visited June 2013
Beijing
“Half day tour of the Forbidden City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Like a lot of business vistors to Beijing, I decided at the last minute that I had time to do a short tour. A little cautious as I am female travelling alone, I booked Joe less than 24 hours before the tour and hoped that it was a good choice. This turned out to be an excellent decision, Joe was friendly, informative and very comfortable ot be around.
Based on this experience I would really recommend Joe to anyone wanting a relaxing way to experience an amazing place.
Definately I will be utilising Joe's services again.

Visited June 2013