“A perfect meal in a real Italian restaurant.”

MIO Italian Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 12,741 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Yansha
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Being Italian, after almost four years spent in Beijing and after trying a lot of italian restaurants in this city, I was pleasantly surprised to find this place.

The place is just in on the second floor of the Hotel Peninsula, and is easily reachable both by subway (line 10, Liang Ma Qiao station) and taxi.

The atmosphere is very refined and even the small details of the restaurant are carefully defined.

The menu is excellent. There is a good choice (not exaggerated) of starters, fresh pastas, main courses and even pizza. And of course the desserts. All the dishes are carefully prepared by the Italian chef, and the result is a perfect balance of the basic italian flavors. There is a good selection of bread that go along the whole meal.
The prices are high, but for the elegance of the place and the quality of the food is the minimun you can ask.

I will definitely go again in this amazing and excellent restaurant, in my opinion the best in Beijing.

There are newer reviews for MIO Italian Restaurant

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Supposed to be an Italian restaurant but none of the main courses had any Italian dishes. My main course of chicken was too salty to eat. Service was exceptional.

1  Thank PDX16
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Probably the best restaurant in Beijing. I heard of it and it was on the list of the restaurants to be visited in Beijing. I didn't expect so much, provided the average low quality of italian/international restaurants in Beijing. I was surprised of the many only-excellent reviews here and I guessed they were "piloted".
It's not been the case. Mio really deserves a very high score, it's an excellent really italian restaurant. It'd be excellent also in Italy.
Excellent interiors, very good space among tables, open kitchen, everything extremely clean, personnel very efficient with very good english. Perfect service.

Menu and dishes well balanced with meat and fish. Very italian base for the manu, though with an international touch. All dishes we got were perfect in taste, very balanced and also some tricky matching with great result. Quantities are not upsetting as some time the up market international restaurants ones are, in the wave of nouvelle cousine. Mio does not propose nouvelle cousine and it contributes to put it at the very top of ranking in Beijing..

Ingredients look like to be italian for the most and so taste is very italian.

Procing is adequate, not cheap, but in line with the experience, service and food quality.

Sincerily recommended!

1  Thank Dudygiac
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Monday night dinner to celebrate my partners birthday. The whole experience from entering the hotel to leaving the restaurant was faultless. The restaurant was busy given the day, and the staff were very attentive without being intrusive. The dining room is grand and very beautiful, it's gives you a special feeling. We had 5 courses, which we thoroughly enjoyed, and there were various dishes in-between to keep the taste-buds continuously satisfied. The chef came out and spoke to my partner, and also prepared a birthday dessert without request, the staff also gave us complimentary champagne and chocolates, all of which pleased my partner incredibly. The attention to detail was exceptional, our dinner flawless, and i would recommend Mio to all very highly.

Reviewed June 8, 2013