“Best biking beijing”

Wan Lin Bicycle Tours
Ranked #24 of 127 Outdoor Activities in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you want to see the real Beijing and get to know the city? The daily life, the people, the neighbourhoods, the best addresses for culture, art and shopping? Join a Wan Lin Bicycle Tour. Beijing is the city to cycle: it is so surprising to see the contrasts between very modern and very authentic, very Western and suddenly very Chinese again. You have to experience it. You can sign up individually for a group tour on Tuesday or Thursday or make a reservation on another day during the week for your own private tour. All groups are max. 6 persons. We provide you with a solid bicycle for the tour. See our website for details, routes and prices (bicycle rental, coffee, lunch and entrance fees included).
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had day packed with good memories because of Wan Lin Bicycle Tours.

So happy we tried it. Cycling in this bustling city seemed a bit of a challenge beforehand, but Alexandra showed us Beijing by bike is pleasant, safe and great fun.
- Highly interesting stops at places we wouldn't have found with a guidebook or tour bus. Best stop to me was the market. (See pictures.)
- We also had lovely restaurant with a non-touristic local atmosphere for lunch.

Would love to do another tour when we come back to Beijing.

There are newer reviews for Wan Lin Bicycle Tours

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Dear cyclists, I had a wonderful time in Beijing last year, and I loved my cycle trip with Alexandra. We visited the old city and she gave me a wonderful inside view of a disapearing way of live. She knows what she's talking about and has a firm but friendly way of guiding you around. I highly recommend her as your future guide for the old city of Beijing. Thanks Alexandra!
Greet from Holland, jan

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Undisputedly the very best way to get to know this vast city - comfortably cycling through this exciting, buzzing, busy metropole, almost immediately feeling part of the everyday crowd. We left the fancy Audi's and Mercedesses that the well-to-do Chinese love so much to spend their time in the traffic jams with, far behind, cruising over the wide cycling roads alongside the 'highways' and avenues. Alexandra, our lovely, charming, witty host, knows exactly where to take us, from the vast lanes past The Tianmen Square, the EGG and the Forbidden City to the small and winding hutongs full of every-day-Beijing-life. We visited little hidden temples, and had a great lunch in a place that otherwise I never would have found. She ordered the food, which is why I am now addicted to those roasted beans! She took us through the Russian district with its surreal atmosphere and along Food Street where you can eat scorpions on a stick - if it would appeal to you to do so. She has several flavors to offer in her tours: from the touristy parts tot the embassy districts, from the old Beijing to the new. It was my first visit to China and Beijing, and the two tours I took with Alexandra made me feel as if I belonged! I love to explore new places, mostly on foot, but Beijing simply is too large - walking takes ages, the underground, although perfectly organized, has too little stops and no views to offer, the taxi takes hours due to continuous traffic jams, and the bus - well, I haven't even dare to try one, since I couldn't find a way to discover where they would take me :-). Cycling with Alexandra made me feel so much at ease on the bike, that the last 2 days we rented our own bikes and had, again, a wonderful time.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Starting with a nice cup of coffee, relaxed. And that marks the whole bicycle tour. Unbelievable how relaxed you can cycle through Beijing. Alexandra is a enjoying it as much as we are and that makes it rather special. Of course we have the cycling in common (both coming from a cycling country) but it is the love for the little streets in Beijing that Alexandra has that really moved me. Definitly one of my highlight and i will do it again next time I am in Beijing for business!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was one of my favorite Beijing things I've done so far. My family has lived here for several years. However, cycling with Alexandra took me to parts of this city that I have never seen or experienced. It was like being a kid again exploring with friends. I was very impressed with Alexandra. She showed us our route before we left. She told us about how long it would take to get to the places we were going. She also explained to us in advance where we might have to detour if the crowds were too heavy. She was right on track with everything. This is uncommon for Beijing! Usually, things are very uncertain. If you want to see Beijing without being stuck in traffic or in the midst of crowds, this is a great way to do it.