“Beijing unbeaten”

Wan Lin Bicycle Tours
Ranked #25 of 134 Outdoor Activities in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you want to see the real Beijing and get to know the city? The daily life, the people, the neighbourhoods, the best addresses for culture, art and shopping? Join a Wan Lin Bicycle Tour. Beijing is the city to cycle: it is so surprising to see the contrasts between very modern and very authentic, very Western and suddenly very Chinese again. You have to experience it. You can sign up individually for a group tour on Tuesday or Thursday or make a reservation on another day during the week for your own private tour. All groups are max. 6 persons. We provide you with a solid bicycle for the tour. See our website for details, routes and prices (bicycle rental, coffee, lunch and entrance fees included).
Reviewed October 3, 2012

What a wonderful way to discover Beijing! Cycling through narrow lanes, being accompanied by a very caring, considerate and experienced host Alexandra, was the highlight of my short businesstrip. I did 'tour 5' (Chongweng Xuanwu Hutongs) and was impressed by the streetlife I never saw before, the wonderful restaurant we had lunch at and the lovely Longtan park. I would recommand her trips to anyone who is able to ride a bike and is interested in a different view on Beijing.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"info"
"itinerary"

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I live here in Beijing but still enjoy these tours. I always take guests when they come to visit. You can see hutongs, non touristy places, the real beijing! I highly reccomend!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was one of our best days in Beijing for sure. Tourguide Alexandra, a very funny and cool Dutch woman, showed my boyfriend and I some main tourist sights, as well as very interesting places we would never find on our own. She's really caring and gives you good instructrions on how to act in traffic. After an hour you'll feel like you live there;-), so I didn't find it scary at all. Last but not least; she took us to an amazing restaurant for lunch. Our new favourite kitchen; the Yunnan kitchen.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I visited Beijing in June when it was very hot. Exploring the city by bike is a great way to see the real Beijing in a comfortable, breezy and original way. The tour guide, Alexandra knows her way through Beijing very well and enthousiastically shares all the (hidden) gems she has discovered with her guests you won't see from a tourist bus. You can see the main tourist attractions, but also traditional hutongs, interesting art galleries and great shops. A perfect combination!
I really enjoyed the tour and recommend it to everyone visiting Beijing and wanting the see all Beijing has to offer in a fun way.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 20, 2012

For a long time I planned to book a tour with Wan Lin Bicycle Tours and as the weather was great in September I finally did. What can I say, it was a great day and I pretty much enjoyed the ride. Alexandra, the tour guide, is very friendly and open and really enjoys showing you around by bike. It was a perfect mixture of mainly cycling, sightseeing and a nice lunch break in a great Chinese Restaurant at the 798 art district. I can highly recommend doing a cycling tour with Wan Lin Bicycle Tours either as an expat to see the city from another perspective or as a tourist to discover the city in another exciting way apart from the beaten tourists paths.