“Fantastic hotel”
Review of East Beijing

East Beijing
Ranked #17 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at EAST in May 2014 with 2 friends. The whole experience was fantastic- rooms were clean, neat and contemporary. It appeared that this hotel had a lot of business guests but as tourists we found it fantastic also. Check-in was easy - we were even upgraded to the 24th floor! I would highly recommend getting a room on this floor. There is an executive lounge which only guests on this floor can access. The lounge had an array of food and drinks (alcoholic included) and the staff there were incredible. The Manager, Angeline, was absolutely amazing. She spent time everyday discussing what we should do, providing local knowledge about the area and the best places to eat, shop and see the tourist sights. Beijing is massive so it is important to stay in a good area to access everything you need. EAST was definitely right for us (as tourists)! The hotel is attached to the shopping centre which has premium shops. There was a juice shop there called Frut Actually which we went to everyday to replenish our energy. With the local knowledge provided by Angeline and her staff we felt that we were able to see more of Beijing than we would have without her knowledge. Overall, our experience of Beijing was amazing and I would highly recommend EAST hotel, and 24th floor particularly.

Room Tip: Get a room on 24th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank djhow1

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel east coz it was much cheaper vs the amazing opposite house (cny1000 vs 2500), O.H. is my favorite hotel in Beijing and also owned by the Swire Group. I arrived close to mid night to an empty lobby and an empty check in desk, with loud techno music coming out of one of the restaurants/ bars

The room was modern, sleek and good value, smaller vs Opposite house, but still white and bright. some quirks unique to china here. Ie I found a bottle of empty mineral water in the mini bar. It's not uncommon for some hotel guests to drink a mini bar beverage and put it back in the fridge to avoid paying for their drinks.

I didn't have time to try out any of the restaurants, but I would definitely recommend this place for people that don't mind being a little out of downtown, Swire is doing a great job with their hotels. I look forward to trying out the rest of them. (Ie Temple House in Chengdu Sichuan coming up)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Anilegna
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel is located next to a modern mall Indigo which is filled with decent restaurants and shops. The hotel itself is clean, modern and sufficient. The amenities and settings makes it a grade down from the luxurious ones. The gym is good and modern but the light is a bit dark in the pool area.

Service is good and the staff are friendly. FYI, it is in Wangjing, which is great for people who need to visit the area for business and 798. If your meetings are in CBD, the west or Zongguancun, it is too far.

Room Tip: High floors and not close to the construction site next door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The staff here are very courteous and polite and the rooms are so amazing. I loved my stay here and felt so comfortable the whole time. I was on a production shoot and exhausted when I got back; flopped onto my bed and had the best and most refreshing sleep ever. The shower facilities are amazing and I really enjoyed the interior design of the place. Seems like everything has been well thought out.

My trip included the buffet breakfast and I highly recommend it. The food selection is great and everything is so organized well prepared.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed May 22, 2014

With business needs, I have been staying at the EAST for a few times in the past months. I rated it excellent and is willing to write this mainly because of the warm greeting and a pleasant smile I received both at 2AM check in as well as the 6am check out during the last visit - well done Ms. receptionist.

Apart from that, I like the soft and comfy bed, quite room, moden yet simple in-room design and the nice big window view.

Oh, breakfast is just right. Not over offer which full your tummy for the rest of the day but healthy enough to keep you energy going. Their freshly bottled juice is my everytime favourite.

Now my PA don't have to ask which BJ hotel I want to book anymore. She knows it. EAST again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2014

one of the best hotels i stayed in Beijing. very well stylish rooms with everything you need to be comfortable for your business trip. comfortable rooms up to date with technology.
All restaurants offer international meals which was very good.
the meeting rooms are also equipped with latest technology and was very easy to use and also had the IT people around for ant assistance needed.
Location was very good to move around in Beijing.
Employees are very friendly and know there hotel very well.

The paperless invoice was very interesting, just sign on the IPad and they will send you the bill by email.

i recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Had a brief stay last week whilst passing through Beijing. The service is excellent and the hotel appears to run like clockwork. The staff are friendly and accommodating, the rooms are finished to a very high standard and are impeccably clean, the quality of fixtures and fittings is the best I've seen in a Chinese Business Class hotel. The oversized bed was incredibly comfortable. I can't really fault this hotel, my only slightly negative comment was paying an additional £21 GBP for breakfast I would expect it to be high quality and piping hot, it was certainly high quality and excellent selection of food available, however, the cooked items were just luke warm and this surprised me dining at 6AM just after the restaurant had opened. Aside from this a faultless stay and would happily return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business