“Not so bad...”

Good for: Families with children
Beijing, China
“Not so bad...”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My experience was very different. I had tried Switch Cafe as soon as it opened last year, and wasn't impressed. But I decided to give it a second chance. The place was empty, but that's normal on a Tuesday night. One of my kids had a cheeseburger cooked to perfection, and French fries that were fresh, crunchy, not too greasy. My older son ordered a BBQ pulled pork sandwich that was also very good. And I ordered a BBQ chicken which was very tasty. Service was a bit slow, despite the fact that we were the only customers there. Value for money - not really. I still think they charge too much for what they serve, for being a simple neighborhood joint. I wouldn't go back every week, but all in all, I would recommend you give it try.

• Visited April 2013

Saratoga, California
“Nah...”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've been wanting to try this because it's literally 5 mins from my house...let's start with the pros: the restaurant is new and the decor is nice. There is an outdoor patio which will be nice when it gets warm.
We were the only ones there, so even though ambiance was nice, it was pretty depressing...
The menu is on a clipboard but is really hard to read for some reason. the choices are limited: a couple of soups, a couple of salads, a couple of sandwiches...but nothing inspiring. (I was hoping for a veggie burger, but they don't have it) So much that I didn't order an entree for me and just got an appetizer, which was actually the most decent part of the meal. I got the 3 dips with toasted bread. The dips were good, but the bread was BAD. Cheap, flakey and crumbly. They need to run next door to Boulangerie Nanda to get their bread!!
I got 3 kids' meals for the kids - the hot dog was pitiful, dry and wrinkled, really cheap quality...same goes for its bun.
The "mini burgers"...oh my god were they mini! They should have called them "burger bites", they are literally 1 bite for a 6 year old. At the Filling Station, the kids' burgers are 35RMB and almost adult size.
The fries were the regular frozen variety, the sweet potatoes fries were marginally better.
Prices are high for such low quality food! They overcharged me by 5 RMB for each of the children's meals.
I wish I could say that it was good, but unfortunately I can't. Won't be going back!

• Visited April 2013