“Beautiful Hotel with Four Seasons Service”

Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
Ranked #4 of 6,461 Hotels in Beijing
Pittsburgh, PA
“Beautiful Hotel with Four Seasons Service”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

During our recent stay at the Four Seasons, we experienced the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel is very modern with dramatic public areas. An excellent buffet breakfast is served in the two story space in the rear of the lobby. Our room on the 25th floor offered a wonderful view of modern Beijing. Although nicely furnished with a terrific bed, the room was smaller than other Four Seasons I have stayed in. The bathroom was beautiful with a large picture window over the tub.
Even though the Hotel is located away from the heart of Beijing; as it is located next to a ring road, getting around by car was fairly easy if any driving is easy on the horribly congested roads of Beijing. Even so the ride to Tiananmen Square was not very long.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dear napoli96,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your recommendation on the breakfast at Opus.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Sanjiv Hulugalle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perrine, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I recently stayed 11 nights for business. While the room and facilities are all great, what stands out about the Four Seasons is the staff and service. These days there are many hotels that can likely match the Four Seasons facilities, but I doubt there are many that can match the personal attention. By my second day, the host was welcoming me personally by name for breakfast. Whether at the gym or in any of the restaurants and request was met promptly and precisely.

The hotel is very convenient to the CBD and Embassy area as well as Sanlitun. While taxis are notoriously difficult to grab at peak times, the staff again was very helpful in hailing them from the street. The gym facility with steam room and sauna was impeccably clean. The room service offerings were also above average though I felt the western offerings were not quite as well prepared as the Chinese food.

Of course, nothing is perfect and I thought a little more attention could have been paid to cleaning my room. For example, each day I would have a coffee delivered with my wake up call. At least half the time I returned to the room at the end of the day the empty cup and tray were still there. Also, my first day at the hotel my room had fresh fruit. It stayed in the the room until it was no longer fresh and I finally left it in the hallway to be taken away. None of this subtracted from my stay but could be improved upon.

1 Thank badwaiter
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear badwaiter,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it’s always been a pleasure to read the reviews from our guests. I have acknowledged your valuable comments on the service efficiency in the guestroom and we will really look into it and share the information with the team. We are here to meet your every needs, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future to experience the upgraded Four Seasons's service.

Best Regards,

Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was wonderful with great service. We stayed five nights and had club access which is worth the cost. The suite was large clean and up to date.the club room was awesome all day long high quality food and happy hour the wine flows. Steve who was our host at four seasons in the club room made our stay awesome. The gym and pool are large with plenty of machines and beautiful with pool and view of the city. The club room also has an outside deck overlooking city.
We used the house car a nice new Audi and driver with basic English. Worth the extra cost over a taxi. Our mandarin was limited but most everyone at hotel spoke some English or would get someone who spoke.

This is a must stay location in Beijing.

Room Tip: Get the club room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank entboy2013
Dear entboy2013,

Thank you for your sharing your experience with us, I’m glad to learn that you’ve enjoyed our facilities and services. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Sydney
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at the Beijing Four Season last week with our daughter. This is a beautiful hotel with excellent food but the staff make it an even better experience.
They are attentive, professional, warm and friendly constantly going out of their way
to provide little extras to an already superior service.

Several times we experienced moments where a staff member took the initiative to do something extra. eg. I sneezed in the breakfast restaurant and a box of tissues appeared in a moment without asking or we asked someone for their thoughts on visiting the Pearl Market and in a flash they had printed the information and directions from the hotel and presented it to us, once again without asking.

It was our daughter's birthday during our stay (turned 14). The staff in both the club and the main restaurant separately organised birthday cakes/treats and presents for her. She will remember this birthday with a special fondness for the Four Seasons Beijing team.

The hotel is lovely, especially the pool and spa area which is extra special.
The food was excellent in all areas. Breakfast was very high quality and a huge variety catering to all needs. It was our favourite breakfast of the hotels visited during our China holiday.
The cakes and pastries are delicious and worth breaking diets for.
We also ate at Mio Italian which has a very theatrical décor and is a special night restaurant and loved both the service and the food.

We were fortunate to enjoy the benefits of the lounge floor where both Rebecca and Chris treated us like VIPs. They were always welcoming and generous whilst being personal and interested in us. We enjoyed afternoon tea and cocktail hour in the lounge each day.
Rebecca went out of her way to ensure our daughter felt welcomed and special.

The Beijing Four Seasons is luxurious without a doubt, although the staff make it feel warm, approachable and almost homely through their caring and attentive attitude in a beautiful environment.
During our China holiday we also stayed at two five star hotels in Xian and Chengdu which were supposedly the best in the area however were still vastly inferior to this hotel.

Room Tip: The Lounge is worth paying extra for and is exceptionally well run with an excellent choice of food...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank toddtrippas
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear toddtrippas,

Thank you for taking your time and giving us such a detailed review. It gives me the same homely and wonderful feeling when I read this review. I am proud that we have created more than one magic moment for you and your family during the stay which really shines the brand of Four Seasons. Much more than a country, China is a fascinating world unto itself. I think it's well worth visiting this amazing destination again whenever you have a chance in the near future. Besides Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, we have another seven beautiful luxury hotels in key destinations across China such as Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Macao, where we can bring you even more of the very best of China with inspired suggestions and insider knowledge.

Please feel free to drop me a note to sanjiv.hulugalle@fourseasons.com if you plan your next trip to Beijing or China, I will be more than happy to welcome you back and introduce you to other exciting Four Seasons properties, and I wish it won't take too long to have you back with us again!

Warm regards,

Hong Kong
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to revisit Beijing again on Business in June. As usual the exceptional warm and friendly welcome by the team at the Four Seasons Beijing was a great start to my stay. Airport pick up was efficient and helpful, in room check in a breeze and the room spotless and immaculately appointed. I found the bathroom in good order, and a full on shower worked well and was refreshing after a long flight. Along with an exceptionally high level of personal service throughout the Hotel and one of the nice things are the personal touches, like actually having a real person call and greet you with a friendly voice for your wake up call, a nice change from some of the automated calls I have experienced in other hotels.

Room Tip: Go for an Executive Floor room, for the view and amenities, it's well worth it.
2 Thank AnthonyHKHongKong
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear AnthonyHKHongKong,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, I'm more than glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments on the performance of the hotel service and facilities are highly appreciated, and I will definitely share this review with my team. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next trip again!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stunning rooms - huge, spacious, well appointed. i think I may have been in a superior room and it certainly was awesome. Bathroom the size of my living room. Ipod dock, DVD player, electric blinds, UK plug sockets, dressing gown, slippers, plenty of lovely toiletries to steal! The free wifi was a bit slow but, of course, being China you can't access FB and twitter anyway. Access to anything Google is also a bit sporadic. View out the huge windows over the city is impressive, when the pollution clears. The staff were just awesome too - remembered everyone by name with a personal welcome as you come and go. There is free coffee and cookies all day in the foyer too, which is a great thing for us jet-lagged souls.

Room Tip: The superior room was amazing so I suspect that even the most basic rooms are stunning.
1 Thank DrLes
Dear DrLes,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments. I'm glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our residential feel of accommodation, where the space is harmoniously balanced for both business and leisure travellers. Stay connected with us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to receive the latest update for hotel and insider tips of Beijing.

Looking forward to having you back to Beijing soon!

MIAMI
Reviewed July 8, 2014

With the name Four Seasons of course you expect to be treated well and we sure were for our week stay in Beijing! Just from the second getting there to when we finally checked out everything was great!!! Room size and service were great, the amenities were great! I would stay here any time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JAI S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and I’m happy to know that you did enjoy the entire experience at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing. Your nice words will be shared with the teams, and I believed they will be all highly motivated. We will keep up the good work for every guest, and look forward to having you back soon.