“My new favorite in Beijing even without a good loyalty program”

Four Seasons Hotel Beijing
Ranked #2 of 6,491 Hotels in Beijing
San Francisco, California
“My new favorite in Beijing even without a good loyalty program”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The service was top notch, the rooms clean and spacious. As an SPG platinum member, and Marriott Gold and former Hyatt Diamond, it is difficult to justify staying at a non-participating hotel. But I haven't been too happy with the affiliated offerings in Beijing as of late so I decided to try the Four Seasons as I also was getting a great rate. I immediately became known to the front desk, the lobby team, the bellhops and the restaurant team. Not necessarily because I engaged them but more because they made a point of remembering me and seemed genuinely pleased when I high-fived them (probably not the most appropriate behavior at such a hotel...).

In just my second morning at the breakfast restaurant the maitre 'd grabbed my hand remembering me from the day before and chatted me up. The bellhops gladly ran out into the street to try and flag me a cab (at the Marriott they chuckled and went back inside when no cabs could be found, at the Westin they hustled without the smile and at the Kunlun they always have cabs (a unique relationship there) but the doormen don't smile.

The host at Mio, hustled around getting our dinners expedited, serving and in general just working hard but I do have to say the prices were high. My arabiata was too goopy (sp?) and sweet (akin to polynesian sweet and sour).

Rooms were clean and spacious even without an upgrade (per what I generally get from the loyalty programs).

The location in Chaoyang by all the embassies and lots of restaurants is great. I much prefer walking to my dinner than having to hassle with the cabbies.

I will definitely stay here next trip, in fact look forward to my next stay (next month).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack F
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Jack F,

Thank you for sharing your valuable review and stories for your first visit, and I am glad to learn that you've enjoyed your stay very much and have already became a fan of Four Seasons! What you have reminded me here is always think as a traveller and really keep this in mind in delivering personalized service to our guests. I will definitely share this review with my team as I believe this will be a great motivation. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next trip very soon!

Sanjiv Hulugalle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at this beautiful, elegant hotel where service begins with a capital S. We were treated like royalty from the moment we checked in throughout each of the four days we bunked there. The breakfast buffet, included in our room rate, was amazing with more offerings than you can ever imagine. Because we stayed in an Ambassador Suite, we had access to the 26th floor Ambassador Club which offered an open bar and heavy buffet each night. It was a wonderful break after a busy day of sightseeing to kick-back with a cocktail and the great views. The club seemed a popular place for late-afternoon business meetings as well. And the service here again was attentive and thoughtful. Although our trip was leisure, this hotel is also geared for the business traveler as we shared the breakfast buffet with numerous business travelers. The spa and pool fantastic as was the beautiful tea salon.

Room Tip: Ambassador suites are large and sunny with spectacular baths. Yes, plural. Our suite had one and a h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ShelbyH648,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing. Your compliments on the performance of the hotel service and facilities are highly appreciated. Next time if you come back to stay with us in Summer, please ensure to take a moment to experience the Executive Club Terrace, it will allow you to have a relaxing time with a fabulous view of Beijing. And I’m sure your recommendation will encourage more leisure and business travelers to come to visit Beijing and stay with us.

I hope it won't take long to welcome you back to the hotel. Should there be anything that we can do to enhance your next experience with us, please do not hesitate to write to me directly (sanjiv.hulugalle@fourseasons.com). Hope to see you again soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed four nights as part of a recent sightseeing tour. The hotel is beautiful and modern. Our room was very comfortable, with a large bath and multi-country electrical outlets. Fast Wi-Fi. Service all around was top notch. They even made a small repair on my wife's sandal for us! The indoor pool was quiet and a lovely place to relax at the end of the day. There are two restaurants; we tried the Italian which was terrific. For more restaurant variety in cuisine and price the Kempinksi next store is a two minute walk. There is a terrific breakfast buffet which you should plan on. Again, service there is great when it comes to your coffee or preparing your omelet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronald O
Dear Ronald O,

Thank you for sharing your valuable review. I’m glad that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and services. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have chance to experience our award winning Italian Restaurant – Mio.

Please feel free to drop me an email (sanjiv.hulugalle@fourseasons.com ) when you travel to Beijing again, and we will not only serve you with great coffee and omelet, but also impress you with our incredible food creation at Cai Yi Xuan and Mio.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

If I could give this hotel 10 stars, I would. This is the one of the best hotels in the world. The rooms are spacious and beautiful. Well appointed with all amenities. Within easy walking distance to good local restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy H
Dear Cindy H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing and I’m happy to know that you did enjoy the entire experience at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing. Your nice words will be shared with the teams, and I believed they will be all highly motivated. We will keep up the good work for every guest, and look forward to having you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My flight landed at around 7am in the morning. Since I only had a backpack with me, I took the train to the hotel, which was super easy and convenient. I believe the hotel was a short 5-6 blocks from the train station. I was really early for check-in and my room wasn't ready yet, but the front desk receptionist made a few calls and within the time i had breakfast at the hotel, my room was ready.

The decor of the hotel lobby and restaurants were exceptional. The room itself was a little more run down than I expected. For example, the glass in the shower had some smear marks on the bottom and the walls in the bathroom also looked a little beaten.

The hotel and brand is relatively new to Beijing so many taxi drivers won't know how to get there. The hotel recognized this and told us to tell the taxi drivers that it's next to Kimpinski.

The doormen were really nice and hailed taxis for us in the middle of winter. The one complaint we had was one of our taxi drivers didn't know how to get to the Kung Fu show and while our doorman tried to give him directions (frankly, I am not sure our doorman knew where it was because he kept repeating the same thing to our driver in a frustrated manner) we didn't make it to the show in time and had to forfeit it.

We traveled in December of 2013.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M H
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear M H,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences.

I am glad to learn that you found the hotel's design appealing. Thank you for the compliments on our staff at check-in and driveway. Also, I sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback with the concerns experienced with the bathroom and the doorman.
Your comments are valuable as we strive to be the very best.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our special Four Seasons Hotel Beijing in the future!

Warmest regards,

Shanghai, China
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Ever since this hotel was begun to be built, I followed the progress and stayed thereafter in it. Used to stay in opposite Kempinski.
The Four Season is a very comfortable hotel with excellent rooms and facilities. Very friendly staff and personalized service. My choice to stay in Beijing.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank whhamburg
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear whhamburg,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, services and the friendliness of our staffs. We are committed to deliver customized service to every guests and to create memorable stays.
It is a great honor to be your preferred choice of hotel in Beijing.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Was in town for only one night on business, and wish I could have stayed longer. Had wonderful service from the moment I walked in the door - made everything go super smoothly and easily. Lovely room and got where I needed to go.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank J G
FSH_Beijing, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear J G,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Beijing as your preferred hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sharing this comment with the rest of my team who have worked hard to perfect the guest experience. And we wish to have you staying longer next time.

If your travel brings you back to our way in future please let us know by writing to our Hotel Manager, Mr. Andrew De Brito (Andrew.debrito@fourseasons.com). We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and be at your service again and again in the future.